Sugar Free

Options
12346»

Replies

• ryah1269
    Options
    Sugar free is difficult. I agree trying to avoid refined sugars is a good idea. I use Organic Stevia made by "Now" brand foods because after running into other stevias which had those hidden sugars ...sucrose other things I can't pronounce.
    I personally feel tremendously more energy and sleep better when I am not allowing refined added sugar into my diet.
    Salad dressing from Waldens Farms is no sugar, no calories, gluten free, fat free.... I like the thousand island flavor the best after trying several.
    Some of us can't stick our hand into the cookie jar and stop at one....I am that person. So I would rather avoid the temptation and change my habits for the better.
    Fasting is another way I got sugar cravings out of my system. Just protein whey from Jay Robb whey shakes which is made with Stevia...not sugar.

Good luck with your mission of sugar free.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

These are great links too... they are referenced in the article I posted. Alan Aragon is highly respected and really works to stay unbias.
  • goalie234
    goalie234 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The only time i use sugar is in my morning green tea . Is it a safer alternative if i add honey instead iof sugar in my morning tea ?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    The only time i use sugar is in my morning green tea . Is it a safer alternative if i add honey instead iof sugar in my morning tea ?

no, it's the same stuff.
  • Ctrum69
    Ctrum69 Posts: 308 Member
    Options

Do you like the taste of honey better? Is there something in honey that you want to consume, that regular "table" sugar doesn't have? I so, use honey.

As far as your body is concerned, they are pretty much identical.

I think people confuse the fact that some sugar (fructose) is a single monosaccharide, whereas sucrose is a disaccharide comprised of fructose and glucose.

This is NOT the same as "simple" and "complex" carbs.

potatoes are a complex carb,

the Glycemic INdex is handy for people with diabetes and other insulin issues. But lots of people mistakenly believe that somehing with a higher GI will comprise a healthy system, and there's no real evidence of that.