• RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Great post! Congrats on your success!

I haven't given up anything I love. And I love food (obviously,duh!) So it's not coming off super quick but it is coming off.

I'm happy, making conscious choices and not starving. Life is good.

Thanks for this post. It's always nice to know others have the same outlook.
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You rock! Enjoy your cookies. ;)
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    In for cookies. And inspiration.

You're awesome. :drinker:

:heart:
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    HOORAY FOR COOKIES. I wish 1900 calories worked for me. I tried it and failed.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Checkin out your cookies...

bowie-gif-lick-lips.gif

Mmmm... David Bowie.

Yes. I know there's something wrong with me. He's still hot. Lol!

There is nothing wrong with you, he's definitely hot. I just spent 5 minutes watching that gif .... whilst eating a molten dark chocolate brownie on behalf of this thread
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm stalling and you just made my day...
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    You lady are amazing!!! Eat all the cookies!! Cookies are friends!

tumblr_m5ycurzpzM1r01jju.gif
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Incidentally skinny tastes better than cookies feel.

Idk, my cookies have both great taste and texture. Mouth feel is crucial.

...giggity.

I'm vegetarian I wouldn't eat a skinny person...
    Also, ever rubbed your tongue against a cookie? Feels pretty good!
  • slouw10
    slouw10 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    awesome post - congrats - you are doing so great!
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Opinion: And that's okay.

Explanation of opinion: I have lost 27 pounds in 280 days. Some people may wonder why it seems to be taking me such a long time to drop the weight. Is it just hard for me? Some kind of medical condition? Am I bad at counting? Bad at estimating my output compared to my intake? Just a chronic fatass? No, it's not...

Actually yes. That last one. My whole method is 'Food first, weight loss...eventually. Some women my size with similar goals have hit their goals and moved along in half the time it'll take me to reach mine. So why not faster? Well, I've been thinner. It was okay, nothing to write home about. I've had amazing cookies (and other baked goods) I write home about those. I take pictures and show them to the world. I collect recipes and have been doing so since my Gram gave me my first cookie cook book when I was 12.

Evidence to support opinion:

So I was 165 pounds 280 days ago. I won't ruin your day with pictures. Instead lets fast forward to about 160.

1lvLFMU.jpg

Look how happy I am! Why? Because I'd decided I was going to eat at least 1600 calories (sometimes more) get lots of protein, lift heavy weights, and give up cardio. That smile is mostly related to 'no more cardio, yay!'

KJFafRm.jpg?1
    41wMf5Y.jpg?1
    UnCKyuk.jpg?1

And here I am after stage one of New Rules of Lifting for Women. I'm like "Woot, less fat! But darn this NW junk is getting kinda complex. I'm not down for complex."

So I decided to switch to Stonglifts 5x5 and also upped my calories to 1650. Still no cardio.

vAvjuhg.jpg?1
    vAvjuhg.jpg?1

October! Good month. I was trucking along in the mid 140's. And I said to myself "Self. Do you know what would make this more awesome? More FOOD!" So I upped to 1900-1950. Also I got kinda lax with my workouts (Had an unfortunate foot impaling indicent that kinda sidelined me, started working stupid hours.) and I got iffy with my weighing and measuring... TL;DR: I put some weight on.

That's what happens when you eat more than your cut. It doesn't matter that I thought I could eat at 1950 and still lose because A. Estimates are estimate and B. Lol I wasn't counting right. I did have some rather amazing baked goods during that time though. I have very few regrets. I like to call it my mental health break.

VW3UX64.jpg?1
    Xc7dwsx.jpg?1
    8jl0AQP.jpg?1

Late December- Early January, back into the 144-143 range. The return of some serious back fat. There is a lesson about proper moderation to be learned here. Not sure what it is though.

WxVE8YH.jpg?1
    IqlsezW.jpg?1
    vLthDlY.jpg?1
    8aSANKn.jpg?1

And now. Down to 138 from 143 on January first. (That's five pounds.) Back to counting properly, I occasionally go out for jogs, and I lift my weights. I eat a range of 1700-1900 calories (I can eat 1900 and lose, I was just doing it wrong. :wink: ) And I end every night with cookies or some ice cream. This is the last 30 days. Much food is being consumed, believe me.

TKnZgvU.png?1

Conclusion: Cookies taste better than skinny feels. It doesn't make you a sugar addict (lawd). It's okay to feel that way and to scoff when people imply otherwise. Clearly you're just eating better cookies than them. Feeling this way doesn't doom you to life of fatness.Cookies are meant to be eaten

hC2IHkB.jpg?1

You look great have a cookie lol
  • Gwen011991
    Options
    I love the way you think! And as long as your happy, who cares how anyone else "does it"? Good for you :)

p.s. - You look strong as hell, could kick my butt!
  • I_Atent_Dead
    Options
    Wow, 7 pages and no arguing or trolling or anything! :D

utvvHJd.jpg?1?9852
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Well you are all that and a bag of cookies! Great job!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

I'm pretty sure you have just proven that cookies = fat loss, huzzah!
  • fificrazy
    Options
    Hahahaha I LOVE THIS. All of it. I think your self-acceptance and sense of humor is the greatest indicator of health here!
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Another great post from you!! And... you (and your cookies) look awesome!!!
  • fitspo145
    Options
    YES. Cookies FTW.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Best thread title ever. And you look GREAT!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!