2014 is the year! Ideal Protein ideas and support?

Options

Replies

• lbutterfield5
    lbutterfield5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there. How are you doing? I hope you are still on the program. I am on week 2. Maybe I can help if you are still on this program.
  • lbutterfield5
    lbutterfield5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    CCould it be that you don't have much to lose? I know that if you don't have lots to lose, it goes more slowly. I haven't heard a promise of 4 to 7 pounds a week. I was told average of 2 pounds a week for a woman and more for a man. Has your coach talked to you about adjusting the number of restricted packets or snacks you should have?

I hope you don't give up after coming this far. I wish you luck.
  • bcwillow50
    bcwillow50 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi folk. I'm curious about the COST of Ideal Protein? How does it relate to Herbal One or Jenny Craig? Thanks
  • IPDZ
    IPDZ Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi all,

Day 1 - week 1 - not sure how I feel about IP yet but hope that it works. Is it normal to have like one Restricted food per day to begin with? Hope you are all doing well. Keep at it bec it is bound to happen. I find it hard because I like to have fruit but this diet prohibits it.
  • FITBITCHIN
    Options
    Week 6 of Ideal Protein. Looking for a SERIOUS IP buddy or two to post regular updates/encouragement, etc. Please message me.

My stats so far:

Starting Weight: 256.4
    Current: 238.0
  • IPDZ
    Options
    Hi all, wk one and headaches that I can't get rid of. 4 days in a row :( any suggestions and has anyone else had the same experience. Mind began on the 3rd day.
  • PurpleMomster
    PurpleMomster Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You can do this. For headaches, sprinkle some of the sea salt on your hand and lick it off or mix some sea salt into a glass of water, got me through the first week.

I lost 79lbs on Ideal Protein last year and have maintained most of that loss. I will be going back on the program - using alternate products - after my birthday in September to lose the last few pounds that I need to lose.

Good luck to all!
  • IPDZ
    Options
    Hi PM,

Amazing weight loss, congratulations. Thank you so much for your suggestions. :) did your headaches stopped after the first week? What is the alternates products diet?
  • kimdyj
    kimdyj Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My doc office switched from Ideal Protein to Healthwise, its a bit cheaper.
  • sexymommy1
    sexymommy1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love ideal protein it has really changed my life.
  • byerley05
    Options
    You're doing great! I started 8 weeks ago. This is the first week that I've been hungry. The hardest part for me is getting the 8 oz. of lean protein in.

My new favorite is the waffle with Walden Farms syrup, YUM!i feel like I'm cheating.

STATS:
    Starting weight 6/25/2014 223.5
    Today's weight 8/21/2014. 187.5

GOAL - undecided
  • NewAt50
    NewAt50 Posts: 1
    Options
    Did IP late 2012, lost 73 pounds in five months. Did not cheat once. Used sea salt in water for headaches, it really works. Due to quick weight loss had gallbladder attacks. Lost gallbladder and had issues ever since. Been a year now, still ill and all weight came back and more. Still eating vegi's etc. found out last week too much fiber and body can't process it. Thus ill and weight gain as body trying to store what it can. IP is good with right coaching but beware of side effects that can last long term.
  • cuptblondie23
    Options
    Today marks day 35 of being on Ideal Protein and I had a weigh in, I've lost 20.6 lbs so far. When it comes to getting inspired with food and veggies, I'm finding things on Pinterest but beware that not all things are Phase 1 friendly like they say they are but that doesn't mean you can't tweak things to make them work. We've been stocking up on veggies at the local farmers markets.

Things that have been working for me on getting those veggies in my day: zucchini spaghetti, veggie hash and even cauliflower fried rice. Also since my time table gets all goofy thanks to work during the day, i'll pack some veggies as a mid morning or mid afternoon snack.
  • classykaren
    classykaren Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hello friends, :smile: Just sent my order in on Diet Direct using alternatives. I hate most vegetables. lol I do like mushrooms, raw spinach, onions. My first 3 days will be -ell. :sick: I know that. Then by day 4 it is like a cloud is lifted. Really excited about this plan.
  • classykaren
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I would like to see this thread kept active. :flowerforyou:
  • TwistedBilly
    Options
    Hey there,
    I have been on IP for 4 weeks and lost 25 lbs.
    (my wife has :"only" lost 10 lbs. and fells dejected, but its 10 lbs. she would not have lost not being on IP)
    I fell great and the doctor likes my blood counts and blood pressure.
    I have 40+ lbs. more to go. The key for me is to be creative with adding (approved) spices and flavors to the pkg food.
    The soups by themselves without adding anything are a bit plain for me.
    I like the cappuccino with a large black coffee fro breakfast. Perhaps a mushroom soup, with mushrooms and spices for lunch (and veggies). And 8 oz. protein with Vegetables for dinner. Chips for Snack (or Strawberry drink) Also enjoy the omelets with mushrooms, green onions, and little tomato)
    My question is Veggies .... beside raw, sautéed and BBQ'd, how else can I consume all these veggies.
    Any veggie prep ideals out there, would be appreciated.
  • classykaren
    Options
    You and your wife are doing great. I am using alternative products. Just had Total Lean by GNC this morning was great . It had 200 calories . This really tasted like a milk shake. My problem is with veggies too. I will be eating a lot of salads. Just take a stevia and mix with mustard viola. Fake honey mustard. I do this in restaurants, just always carry stevia in my purse.
  • Agator1846
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I've been on Ideal Protein since February. I had roughly 25 pounds to lose, and a binge eating disorder to match. I now have about seven pounds left to go, and I must say, it's been a journey. A lot of times you hear of the people who went on ideal protein and lost an immense amount of weight in a very, very short time. I did, too, and seeing that I'm very young and didn't need to lose a lot of weight, I figured I'd be on the diet and off it with "the perfect body" in about two month's time. I figured it would be some "quick fix." Boy was I in for it. The first two weeks I followed the plan as perfectly as you could possibly get and lost a grand total of.... nothing. NOTHING?! I was in tears. Thus began a cycle of losing nothing for almost a month, then overnight losing two pounds. What was going on with me? No one knew. You can imagine how frustrating it was. Enter binge eating disorder into the mix. Food was my way of dealing with life. Up until then I ate for everything: boredom, stress, sadness, frustration, anger, happiness, or if it looked good. Suddenly I had a regulated amount of food and IT WASN'T ENOUGH. After years and years of packing my emotions away, I was having to face them and I didn't know how. Watching people eat things I couldn't at any amount they wanted, and not seeing them facing the same results I had to deal with was torture. And by torture, I mean I had some serious meltdowns. Long story short, after months of prayer and self-searching, I had to understand that food can not be the center of my universe. Keep in mind, my fellow strugglers, that this took a long time and a lot of work. That realization did NOT come easily. After recognizing this, all seemed to turn around. I had a better attitude and outlook on life and food. Then I stopped losing altogether. So we decide I need to do blood work. Okay, fine. Nothing shows up. I keep going, no losing. Months pass. I'm more and more restrictive, more and more picky with what i eat and drink. Nothing but water. Nothing exceeding 1,200 calories a day. Nothing changes. I'm exhausted all the time and my weight goes down a pound in a night and the next day would be up four. I wish I were exaggerating. Blood work again, a different test this time. Something must be wrong with me. The results come back: my T3- a part of my thyroid and something I need for my body to run correctly, is exceedingly low. Iron, too. I'm all but missing progesterone, a hormone extremely important to body upkeep and losing weight as well. Okay, then. I start taking 16 pills a day (this is including IP pills) to help different things. My energy levels go up. Who would have thought there was so much happening inside of me that I didn't know about? Seeing all that I had to go through, all the struggles, all the tears, was it worth it? Oh yes. I don't regret one thing. Because of IP and the grace of Almighty God, I am free from an eating disorder and am on my way to solving health problems I wouldn't have even known I had if I hadn't been on this diet. God works in mysterious ways. It's been IMMENSELY hard, but I am free. So to the people out there that are struggling, don't lose hope. What is and has happened is for a reason. In all things give thanks (1 Thess. 5:18). Your time will come, and you will be all the better for it.
  • Agator1846
    Options
    Sauteed mushrooms with zucchini is delicious. Cauliflower, steamed and squished with a fork, with "I can't believe it's not butter" spray butter (IP okay), green onions, salt, and bacon bits is super good- I call it my "IP baked potato." I also do sautéed mushrooms with Kikoman soy sauce. Good luck!
  • xmccalla
    xmccalla Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it tomorrow! I'm hoping it works, and I can stick to it :)