Beautiful Blues 9/13/10

2»

Replies

• debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    I understand how that is. Maybe we need to open the board to new members again.

I have never been to washington D.C. I am sure it is amazing! I hope the classes are interesting. It sure sounds like they are keeping you busy. My husband is probably going to a convention in Baltimore next September. I would love to go with however with a new baby and my daughter in school it probably won't happen. It is fun to see new cities though.

On a good note, I am holding my weight steady at 195. Hooray! I have been rather depressed over it because I had told myself I would never see 195 again unless I was 9 months pregnant. Here at 3 months I already am there. :frown: I have been much more active lately as I actually feel like I can move! I am sure that has helped, and soon I will be planning meals ahead again. That I think will make every bit of difference. I am just going to try and eat healthier and not watch anything else for now.

Have a great day everyone!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Hey blues!!

Deb, don't let the scale get you down. Just continue to make good food choices, keep active & remember that you are growing & nurturing (sp) a baby. Everything you do everyday is important to that tiny little being inside your belly. Take care of you & you also take care of him/her. HUGS to you!! Hang in there, you're wonderful!! :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:

It has been pretty quiet around here lately. I came across a new group that some of you may be interested in. They look very motivated! Alot of familiar "faces" there too!! Check it out!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/121508-modern-day-pin-up-girls-week-4
  • debnu1
    Thanks sani for the words of wisdom.

The pin up girl group rach started looks like fun! If I needed weight loss motivation I would probably join that group too. :wink:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    I'm back! Had a wonderful but exhausting weekend. Took yesterday off of exercise to recoup, but jumped back in the pool today. I have a question: I would really like to lose fat off of my upper arms. Do you think that it would help if I got some 5 lb. weights and just did curls? With my arthritis, I am somewhat limited, but I think maybe I could do that if I thought it might work.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,515 Member
    Deb- Don't let the weight gain get you down. I know there are still tons of things you can do while pregnant like walking and other exercises. You also have all the tools you need on here to log in your foods and this is what I say to myself: "every day I get to start fresh with a new blank board." Anything we do can help.

msh- I absolutely think that weights are the best thing for toning the arms or any other body parts. Jillian michael's has great arm exercises in the 30 day shred and I bet there are also other videos from other people out there.

sanifrey- It has been quiet in here for some time. I think alot of people have left- :( But, it is what it is. That looks like a great group. I sure do need to lose some more weight and love MFP for helping me do that. (MFP)

Yes, it has been hard this week to wake up early to go to the gym, but every day I tell myself "today I start with a clean board". I know we can all do this, we have all the tools we need and we can make it.
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Hey Blues,

Sorry I haven't been on much. I've been trying to get back into a routine. This playing ultimate twice a week while working and going to school has me sort of scrambled for the last little bit. I have been attempting to keep up with everything but it's proving to be a little bit more difficult this year seeing as my one prof has no idea how to teach or what she's doing.

Needless to say I'm still watching the boards but I haven't been on as much as when it was the summer. Maybe I should come back to this routine because you all seem to pull me through.
  • debnu1
    Mary, weights and arm exercises will make a big difference!

Mayra, Thanks...Starting with a clean board everyday is a great way to think. Everyday really is a new day! I think I have maintained my weight this month because I have been moving more...riding my bike and walking. Maybe actually doing housework:noway: :laugh: I am also attempting to be better about the whole eating fruits and vegies thing. That really is my downfall. However lately PB&J has really hit the spot. Go figure.

I am currently watching the biggest loser (YAY dvr!!)I am not sure I like these challenges to determine whether the contestants can even get on the show. In a way it seems cruel. But at least it is a motivator for more people.

Maneyes, just keep on keeping on. You can do this. Professors can be very annoying. I had a few that I wondered why I even bothered going to class--especially one math class where I would always fall asleep--it never failed, but I still did fine on the tests. (that one had a grad student teaching it, soooo dry!) Routines really help. I am working on getting mine up again. Definitely not something I am good at but I am working on just one thing every day.

HAve a great day!!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Hey Blues!

Great workout today at spin class! I'm really sore though after yesterdays sculpting class my quads & hamstrings have about had it! Not sure if I'll rest tomorrow or not, I have a pretty busy weekend & won't be able to get much workin out in, so I'm thinking I can hang in there & work out for one more day to make it through the 2 day weekend! I think I can, I think I can.... :happy:

I have no clue what to make for dinner today & I really need to get started soon!

Well, gotta run! Have a great day!
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    It's been a crazy past 2 weeks... but I finally have a few minutes to actually post and say "HI". Not sure that I will make it to the 5lb goal for the month but am very happy to say that I just bought a size 14 Levi's!!! I haven't worn a size 14 since before Kati (who turned 7 in August) was born... I was on my way into a size 24 when I started my weight loss journey on April 15th 2008!!! Holy whaa!!! What a happy day!

Hoping to be more active with posting and logging. I've been eating good and working out but not tracking, which I know could lead to over indulging...gotta keep myself in check!!

Have a great evening everyone!!
  • MayLan
    I'm loving it and dripping it sweat, after spending 90 minutes at the gym doing different cardio machines, and burning 967 calories. Out to dinner, and now I'm on the right track.

Will talk to you all soon.
  • MayLan
    Good morning all,

Went up to the hotel gym for about 1 hour this morning and did 30 minute on the bike and 20 minutes on the elliptical machine. I didn't have something to eat before the workout, and I won't be doing that again, b/c I do need the extra energy.

Well, have some work training to do now, and them were checking in to a different hotel to be closer to D.C. and then doing a night tour of D.C. all lit up.

Take care all, and keep pushing.
  • debnu1
    Wow, a night tour of D.C. sounds awesome!

You guys are doing awesome, Randi congrats on the new pants size! There is nothing better than realizing how far you have come!! Mayra, you go girl almost a thousand cals while on vacation!

Today I am going to pull out a walking video and get some exercise in. I am so glad to feel human enough that I want to do things like that!

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Weighing in @ 175 this morning. My last weigh in was 9/10 and I was at 175.9 not a huge loss but it's something and those new jeans I bought yesterday and looking darn cute today!! I'm excited for the weekend, Mom, Kati and I are headed to Canada to soak in the Hot Springs!! AAAAHHHHH can't wait!! Have a beautiful weekend everyone!!

Love ya all!
  • msh0530
    Congrats on the loss, Randi!

I finally have a few minutes and thought that I would check in. Thaings are about the same around here. The only real news is that tonight I am actually going out to eat with my husband. I have saved 735 calories for this - we'll see if that covers it! (Maybe not.)

Have a good weekend!
  • debnu1
    Hooray Randi! Have a great trip!

Mary I hope you enjoyed your meal. Sometimes it is okay to go over, especially on occasion!

I have an ultrasound scheduled in 5 weeks--along with the glucose test which will be 8 weeks earlier than usual but with my past history I would rather be safe than sorry. I am going to start checking my sugars and counting carbs this week. No time like the present to make sure I am doing what is best for my baby.
  • MayLan
    HI all,

I'm glad you're all doing great. I got your weigh ins, and will be posting it tomorrow when I get home. I have the files saved on my home computer. Today was a day full of walking for me, and tomorrow morning we have our drive home of about 4 hours.

Take care all, and Have a good night.
  • msh0530
    I made three kinds of soup today and had the kids over for dinner. Yum! I kept my two grandsons all day, and they kept me hopping. It's a good weekend!
  • MayLan
    Hey all,

So glad to be home and am so ready to make good choices.

Here's the link to our new board this week:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/122863-beautiful-blues-9-27-10-new-members-welcome
This discussion has been closed.