age 60+group

2»

Replies

• Hi. I just signed up yesterday. I am 66 years old. Battling my weight now for 15 years. My granddaughters wedding is June. 29th. I would like to go down at least one dress size. But more importantly I want to eat healthier. And not give up!!!
  • Jeanne130LBS
    Jeanne130LBS Posts: 50 Member
    Could you tell me why my ticker keeps disappearing
  • greatgrandmimi
    greatgrandmimi Posts: 5 Member
    I am in the 60+ group, would like some friends to share motivation and ideas with. Please friend request me. If you would like.:flowerforyou:
  • greatgrandmimi
    greatgrandmimi Posts: 5 Member
    Sorry I am not tech savy either.:flowerforyou:
  • Jeanne130LBS
    Jeanne130LBS Posts: 50 Member
    I take it you are a great grandma.. Me too, it is sooo awesome. This is my second time here, but the first time I quit before I even got started. I need to lose 20 lbs and sometimes it feels harder than it should be for such a small amount. I do log absolutely everything that goes in my mouth including my flaxseed and chewy vitamins. I hope you have good luck here. I have lost 3 lbs so far. for some reason my ticker showing weight loss just magically reappeared
  • gspieler
    gspieler Posts: 29 Member
    I love being a grandma....

The funny thing is that we have three sons and three grandsons!!!! No girls and none on the horizon. Two boys married, one with two boys, the other with one and they are not having anymore.

The third son is a very happy bachelor...Doubt if he will have kids if or when he gets married. Too old now.

But, life is life. All boys are happy, healthy, have great careers. What could be better, right?
  • mythyme60
    mythyme60 Posts: 5 Member
    I am in the age group looking for friends with the same goals I am a walker and I do go to the gym.:smile::smile: Happy to join the group
  • Hello fellow 60-year olds!!! My name is Debbie and I'm returning to get myself to rid about 10 pounds. I've had tremendous success on this site. I'm an exercise freak, but I also love that chocolate! So I'm losing last year's weight... I had a lot happen: lost my mom & dad, so...... I ate my way through the year, gaining about 8 pounds.
    So I'm back!!!! I love chatting with you people, so let me hear your successes!!!

Love you, Debbie
  • Hi,
    Just joined this group today. My name is Florence and I am 67 years old. I have been overweight for most of my years, but now I am facing some serious health issues. My doctor assures me that if I lose weight and exercise Most problems will stabilize or possibly improve. Very motivating.

I have been working on losing weight for a few months, but got a lot more serious the last few weeks. So although I have lost 16 pounds I am only using the numbers since I started on MFP, which is 4 pounds.

I have a Fitbit Flex which I sync with MFP and that seems to work well for me. Record food and water on MFP and track steps and sleep on my flex.

Would welcome support, encouragement, friendship and ideas to help me keep on track and go over the hunger hurdles I seem to face daily.

Hope to be able to encourage and support others on their journey.

Keep up the good work, everyone.

More later
  • Hilda0414
    Hilda0414 Posts: 21 Member
    Hi, everyone....turning 62 in a couple months. Mother of two adult sons, retired, live in NC mountains, hypothyroidism, cutting out added sugar and grains (well, TRYING), would like to lose 15-20 pounds, reduce fat, increase muscle, stabilize blood sugar below 85....I have tons of goals...Now I need to get serious. Friend me, if you'd like! We can support each other!