Super amazing!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • littlecrystal
    littlecrystal Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    This is awesome and hits my spot! I failed my weight loss journey so many times (even with MFP) as I get too obsessive with counting calories, eating the right foods, calculating my weight loss in kgs, lbs and percents etc. As you say it consumed me and I got burnt out.
    Taking it easy and natural – that’s the right spirit!
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    very good story =) Thank you for sharing it!!! Hope I will reach my goal too =)
  • phillrn
    phillrn Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Love your story!!!! greatly motivating:) congrats on your success!
  • ursus_feminus
    ursus_feminus Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting your story.. its so easy to take health and mobility for granted and to focus on the wrong goals. Congrats on your success :)
  • CariS001
    CariS001 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!
  • swsays
    swsays Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your excellent rehab and your inspiration to everyone! And let's just call the weight loss a "happy side effect" of your efforts, right? I loved that you said "if I can do yoga, anyone can!" I feel the same way. I started yoga (terrified) in October and it has been life changing for me. I wanted to do something that would get my head into a better place and the "happy side effect" of that, for me, has been an effortless switch into more mindful eating and the motivation to keep up the yoga 3-4 times a week and then more recently to add in additional exercise. Keep up the good work!
  • jennykcmo
    jennykcmo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job!! I would think the hardest part (as usual with weight loss) would be the mental part, but even more so because of thinking how you have to lose the weight AGAIN. I applaud your persistence!!! You look great!!! Thank you for this reminder that it's worth it to lose the weight, even if it is the second or tenth time. I already lost all my baby weight last year, but then gained 15 lbs of it back, and I'm almost done losing it… again :) After I get down about 6 more lbs, I'll be in new territory!
  • kajpen
    kajpen Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your hip recovery and your weight loss... and more importantly the change in your outlook! That was probably the hardest part of your journey, especially because of your injury! Very heart warming and inspiring!
  • judymoving
    Options
    I think this was THE best success story ever!
    You nailed it, the emotional up of loosing, only to realize it became the only reason.

I struggle with that now. Asking myself, for who am I "trying" to loose weight?
    Your story provided insight into my own weight loss.
    Thank you so much for sharing your story.
  • suebrown3139241
    suebrown3139241 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Congratulations and you look awesome!:smile::smooched:
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    Congrats on your do over. Nice work!
  • mdraper60
    mdraper60 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    :smile: Wow! Such an inspiring story!! I did the exact same thing back in 2008. Lost a bunch of weight and then just gave up and gained it all back with an extra 45 pounds so here I am again. I am now doing it for the right reasons. I have learned to love myself the way I am now and I am losing the weight for that reason. I am not doing it so I will love myself. Thank you so much for sharing!!
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Wow what an incredible triumph so far!!! So inspiring! ROCKSTAR status for sure! :happy: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Everything you say is so so true!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    What a great motivator you are !!! Congrats on all you have accomplished ! You really look great !
  • branagonopal
    branagonopal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I lost around 40 pounds 10 years ago, and felt fantastic. As adulthood settled in, I gained it back with another 25...and I'm trying to get back to where I was. Thanks for sharing- it's a good reminder that life is full of second chances.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss again, your story is very inspirational and motivating.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. It is very inspirational to those of us behind you on our weight loss journey.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!