100 Pounds Gone... Again

Options

Replies

• Velasca
    Velasca Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Congrats and thanks for sharing!!! You look great!
  • smilingrn
    smilingrn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story! Thanks for sharing...you look great!
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I can relate completely. I lost 80 pounds a few years ago, and gained it back last year, plus 5 pounds! :( And, I remember everything being about exercise, and macros, and calories in and out. It really was all I talked about. I am now trying my hardest to get back to that weight. I am glad it can be done again, and hopefully this time I won't get depressed and boring. Lolz.

Again, thank you for sharing. It was just what I needed.

And, you look amazing! Congratulations!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Awesome story... thank you so much for sharing. I have to constantly remind myself to be happy now with every step forward... life shouldn't be put on hold until you lose the weight saying "then you'll be happy". It just doesn't work like a light switch. Great job and keep going!
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Congratulations!
  • patsypooter
    patsypooter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you for sharing. So inspiring.
  • stormninja11
    Options
    Congrats! Awesome and inspiring story...thanks for sharing. I especially like the comments on the feelings of "once I'm not fat" dream. I have thought the same exact thoughts. The comment about the people who shop at the Gap not having any problems made me laugh out loud. It was nice to realize that someone else had the some of the same thoughts!
  • urwhaturnot
    urwhaturnot Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you for your success and new attitude. I know exactly what you are talking about, been there..and doing that...AGAIN. I lost 115 lbs, and found 75 of it back after a lot of changes happened in my life. I am now working on getting the weight off againm and a new attitude in life. Thank you for sharing this with us all!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    How WONDERFUL for you!!! Congratulations and thank you SO very much for sharing your inspiring story!!! YAY YOU!!! :flowerforyou:
  • DeenerN
    DeenerN Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! My friend and I have conversations all the time about the moderate approach and how it is much healthier mentally to not beat yourself up. You have already won! You have gained the knowledge and strength to persevere! Congrats!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    thank you for this post.
  • Zilla100
    Zilla100 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic. I have all the respect in the world for you for getting it done twice..first time is hard enough. Wow, what a stupendous achievement! :)
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I will be following your blog.
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    GRATS! It's wonderful that you found out what makes you happy. ^_^
    One thing I learned from being immobile was that I absolutely never wanted to be in that situation again.

I understand this completely. I was not immobile for as long as you, but 3 months was enough for me. I hope nothing like that ever ever ever happens to you again. GJ on surprising your old physical therapist, too! =P
  • nolanerinbryon
    nolanerinbryon Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring and the best outlook/attitude to have! It is SO refreshing to see this post... Following your blog on FB.... Thank you for sharing your story!
  • LouLouLemons
    Options
    It's all about being healthy and extending our lives. You're amazing! Thank you for the inspiration and reminding me, it's not about the scale, but about life. Congratulations on your recovery and new found health.

56145577.png
  • LouLouLemons
    Options
    Awesome story, and you look fabulous! My story is very simular. I lost 100 lbs in 2000, and went from a women's size 24 down to a 6! (I'm 5'9"). I looked and felt great. But, then life got hard. I got a divorce, my dad, best friend, and dog died, and I was left alone with no family except for my 3 young children to raise alone with no job. (sounds like a sad country song, lol) I pulled through and was able to find a job, keep my house, and raise some really wonderful kids. Then In 2002, I also was in a bad car accident and broke all the ribs on my left side. Between the depression, stress, mourning, and immobility, all the weight creeped back on. Two years ago I decided to start over again and I have lost 120 lbs so far. I still have 25-35 to go, but I will get there. These last few pounds are hard to get off.....much harder than last time, but then again, I'm older now and that comes with a few more challenges. I'd love to be added as a friend, I see we have much in common. I'd love to be able to help anyone else who is in need of friendly advice as well. Just send me a friend request!

You are a strong woman with an incredible story. Thank you for sharing!
  • smares30
    Options
    Wow, I am back up all the weight I lost a few years ago and just by reading your story I know I can do it again. :smile:
  • westva2nc
    Options
    THIS:
    So, basically, if you lost a ton of weight and are embarrassed that you gained it back, trust me- you can get back to where you were before. Focus on staying healthy and active instead of focusing on what the scale says.

I am not sure I have ever needed to hear something more than I need this today:) What an inspiration you are! Thank you for sharing your story. My "pounds lost" on my profile is not accurate. I am embarrassed to change it to what I really weigh...even though the gain itself isn't that appalling...it is appalling to ME. I know I can do better...but I have to remember I CAN get back there. You have inspired me.
  • AliciaNineteen72
    Options
    I have lost over a hundred once and gained it back also. I'm 55lbs. into the second time around, and I have learned all of the same things you mentioned!!! It's nice to know I'm not alone here. :) Thank you for sharing and for being so encouraging!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!