Eating disorder help/recovery

Options
2»

Replies

• a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Update:

I've told my mum and my best friend and my eating disorder and I now have their support too. I was scared to tell them because I thought I would upset them, but I am so glad I did. I am 2 weeks binge and purge free, but I'm not going to try and diet for a while because I want to give my body a break.

Thank you for all of your help so far x

This is awesome to hear! And taking a break can be a big help, mentally and physically. Great work!
  • maddieftaylor
    maddieftaylor Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm now 6 weeks binge and purge free. I have put on weight and am up to 9 and a half stone, every day is a struggle to not purge again because I'm still really unhappy with my weight. I don't binge anywhere near as much as I used to but I often feel like I "need" something sweet after dinner, and it's hard to stop once you've started..

I'm doing Vicky Pattison's 7 day slim and have taken before pictures, so will perservere with this and see if anything changes! x
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Update:

I've told my mum and my best friend and my eating disorder and I now have their support too. I was scared to tell them because I thought I would upset them, but I am so glad I did. I am 2 weeks binge and purge free, but I'm not going to try and diet for a while because I want to give my body a break.

Thank you for all of your help so far x

This is awesome to hear! And taking a break can be a big help, mentally and physically. Great work!

Yes this! Decades ago I had what I'd class as a mild form of bullimia. When I decided it was unhealthy and told the closest people to me it stopped. Never done it since and they did nothing other to accept me issue... which is fine. You are doing great I think :flowerforyou: