fat, why you do dis to meeeee??

Options
13»

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Getting used to an empty stomach is one of the keys to permanent weight loss.

that sounds healthy.

Yes. Not.

I lost 67lbs eating breakfast and snacks.

Agree with upping your protein...cottage cheese, prawns, tuna, chicken, yogurt.....

You're at a healthy weight already so weight loss will be slower. Also, make sure to take measurements too.
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    It's important to run first thing in the morning. Just drink water- no food.

You break the habit of eating when you get up that way.

This will not only control your hunger but alter your perception of it.

wait... what?! rubbish.

1) unless you want to donate millions to me so I can quit my job just to be able to work out in the morning, running in the morning is not an option for me.

2) I do not eat breakfast when I first wake up. I usually eat breakfast 1-2 hours AFTER i wake up. EVERY day.

3) getting used to an empty stomach is... what?! maybe if you're anorexic. which i am not.

4) I do not need to control my hunger any more than I already do. I have a healthy, controlled appetite with a perfectly fine perception of it.
  • sunnshhiine
    Options
    I would use the macros set by myfitnesspal. Just my opinion. Hang in there!

Thanks!!!

NOooooooooo

They theirs set to minumums and averages...

as NDJ said 40 c/30 protien/ 30 fat is usually good..

I have mine at that and it's pretty easy now to get all my protien in...greek yogurt, skim milk, shrimp, eggs, bacons, turkey, chicken steak, cheese...not so much peanut butter as it has too many calories and not enough protien to make it worth it for me.

yeah, i haven't used MFP's settings since I figuired out how to use this program over a yera ago. I have mine set at 40 C, 30 P, 30 F for now.

I can't drink straight-up milk -- i'm somewhat lactose intollerant. Cheese, yogurt, etc doesn't seem to bother me, but cow's milk gives me stomach cramps like the ****ens. I drink almond milk. :)
  • sunnshhiine
    Options

Um.... what? :angry:

Break the habit of eating? The key to permanent weight loss is learning to eat in moderation and maintaining a sustainable calorie goal. Hunger typically has very little to do with nutritional needs.

here we go again with the no breakfast thing...

Getting used to weighing food and eating at Maintenance is the key to permanent weight loss...

this makes sense. Thanks!
  • sunnshhiine
    Options

that sounds healthy.

Yes. Not.

I lost 67lbs eating breakfast and snacks.

Agree with upping your protein...cottage cheese, prawns, tuna, chicken, yogurt.....

You're at a healthy weight already so weight loss will be slower. Also, make sure to take measurements too.

thanks, friend!
  • DaveInFL
    DaveInFL Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have mine set to 45/35/20 for carbs/protein/fat.
    I eat 2-3 yoghurts per day, I eat turkey from the deli and most evening meals will consist of chicken or fish.
    If I find I really need more protein then I gulp a protein shake, which I normally drink anyway right after running for 30 mins.
    I also have protein bars available :)
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I know it's been said already but.........Carbs down. Protein up. 50% (imho) is too much. I lift more than I run but just to give you an idea, my macros are set at (I believe) carbs 40%, fat 35%, protein 25%.
  • desireecl
    desireecl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    @ Steve098:

I tried to quote your post, but obviously failed :)

I think I get what you mean...people have been programmed by society or conventional wisdom or whatnot to eat breakfast immediately upon waking, lunch at noon and dinner at 6pm. that set regimen isn't right for everyone and each individual should eat when they are hungry, not at some prescribed time...whether that be more or less frequently.

also, one should get to know what true hunger feels like as well as true satiety. eat when you are legitimately hungry, not bored, tired, lonely, depressed, angry, etc and only eat until you are no longer hungry, maybe an 8 of 10 on the satiety meter not stuffed to the gills as many people are accustomed to eating. feeling hungry is not an emergency and you do not have to rush to eat just b/c you feel a little hunger pang which is also something that causes people to overeat. that is also the concept of drinking a glass of water when you think you are hungry b/c it may feel like hunger, but actually be thirst and also why eating a broth based soup before a full meal may help you eat less...it forces you to slow down and pay attention to the hunger and satiety signals your stomach is sending your brain.
  • desireecl
    desireecl Posts: 73 Member
    Options

the portion that I don't fully agree with is the first statement...that one MUST workout (run) 1st thing in the morning before eating. there have been studies that suggest that people who workout 1st thing stick to their programs better, but that is simply b/c they don't procrastinate, make excuses or let life get in the way of them exercising. morning workouts aren't for everyone, so the best advice is to workout when it is convenient for you to do so and be able to make a habit of it.

some people, like myself, prefer to exercise on an empty stomach while others choose to have breakfast, a snack or a protein shake, etc...again personal preference. I'm sure that for every study that promotes eating first, there is one that promotes not eating, so do whatever makes you feel good. the way I see it...if I were a cavewoman and a saber toothed tiger wandered in on me when I was sleeping, my body is going to be ready to either run or fight it off without me having to eat first. I'll whip out the blender and mix up some margaritas while my tiger steaks are grilling, thanks.