Candy tastes better than bitterness feels

Options

Replies

• DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Those Butterfinger PB cups are legit.

Here is my ultimate kryptonite. If I can limit myself to 1 serving in a day, I consider it a major win.

vanilla-tootsie-rolls-candy-ff-126660.jpg

I've been pretty good about limiting serving portions of my "problematic" favorites since I started losing weight except for Vanilla Tootsies. Once I have some, I just can't stop myself from say "ok, one more serving". Many times.

I'm only quoting this for the img....I thought it said "candy whorehouse" :laugh: Not really a tootsie toll fan.

:laugh:
    Would have been an AWESOME title for this thread!!!
  • emmaelisenl
    emmaelisenl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This is making me want to eat all the chocolate in the world! Good thing it's my birthday this weekend and I am baking lots of pies and cakes.

My favorite is

7622200009084_0.jpg
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    actually, my all-time favorite candy is this:
    boyer-s-mallo-cups-1.6oz-45g-pack-22400-p.jpg

I won a case of them once. HEAVEN!

Yeah, I know, I'm a cheap candy eatin' floozy. And I'm old. But I surely ain't bitter!
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I can't find a picture, but good old-fashioned red twists are my favorite. Not Twizzlers, not Red Vines (although those will do in a pinch), I'm talking about the kind that you find at the roadside stand in the summer.

There is a brand that they carry at Tractor Supply Company called Home Town Candies. On the way back from a soccer trip with my son, we stopped by there because I had a craving.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely more of a bitter girl - Theakston's Old Perculier for the win!

But I do want sweeties, it's either good quality dark chocolate (>70% minimum) or these:

cFkQMLtoUy0JbMYbgEeYRwYit5NXdDyLZkfsUc_0qRo=w149-h162-p-no

Definitely *my* kryptonite.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    While many of these options are wonderful ways to spend calories, high quality dark chocolate both tastes good and satisfies, so you don't end up going back for more and more...I call out "Theo" in the night.

It's your fault I came to this thread, now I want these:

0003746603077_500X500.jpg

I absolutely LOVE dark chocolate! I usually go for the Hershey's Special Dark just because it is cheaper, and since I eat it almost every day, cheaper is better.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m41a5rbk441r7mfd6o1_500.jpg

If you've never had drunken gummy bears, well... :bigsmile:

I tried that. It was a failed experiment. Gummies never swole. :angry:

You HAVE to use Haribo and it works better with worms. I think they are pretty nasty though. The only gummies I'll eat are the ones I get from my local MMJ dispensary.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options

and these. Godiva Open Oysters. *drool*

th?id=H.4769674087696789&pid=1.7

Oh my drool :love: Love these!!! I think I need to stop in and use my one free piece!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    mimj4j.jpg

2cwq4g6.jpg

izw2rq.jpg

2nqxojl.jpg
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    Let's keep the yum coming!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Yeah, I know, I'm a cheap candy eatin' floozy. And I'm old. But I surely ain't bitter!

Oh YES!!! I forgot about Mallo cups. Stores stopped selling them in my area years ago. I have no idea why. There used to be only 2 places to get them. One went out of business and I stopped by the other last week and they'd stopped selling them too!

Anywho, because they are so hard to find, I have a strict policy that I must buy one any time I find them. Just one, no stock piling. It makes it really special when I find one.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    While many of these options are wonderful ways to spend calories, high quality dark chocolate both tastes good and satisfies, so you don't end up going back for more and more...I call out "Theo" in the night.

I absolutely LOVE dark chocolate! I usually go for the Hershey's Special Dark just because it is cheaper, and since I eat it almost every day, cheaper is better.

You should probably post a "MFP Friend is SABOTAGING me" thread.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

You should probably post a "MFP Friend is SABOTAGING me" thread.

I definitely call sabotage, and will add to said sabotage with:

t_3130.jpg_1.jpg

Somehow, every time I purchase these, the whole bag disappears in less than a day. No idea where they go...so odd....
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Oh YES!!! I forgot about Mallo cups. Stores stopped selling them in my area years ago. I have no idea why. There used to be only 2 places to get them. One went out of business and I stopped by the other last week and they'd stopped selling them too!

Anywho, because they are so hard to find, I have a strict policy that I must buy one any time I find them. Just one, no stock piling. It makes it really special when I find one.

I've never had these. Now I want to try them.

I like the vanilla tootsie rolls also.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    chuao-maple-bacon-bar.jpg
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I buy the 80% cacao bars and make my own candy; like peanut butter cups or melted chocolate with nuts and fruits.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    this thread needed a kitteh gif.......

tumblr_mjrtme1xL61r91tnoo1_500.gif
  • DamePiglet
    Options

I've never had these. Now I want to try them.

I like the vanilla tootsie rolls also.

I have the same "must buy mallo cup" policy.
    The ONLY place (besides the net) that I can find them now is at either Michael's or Hobby Lobby (a craft store... Can't remember which one)

I do love me some candy! This thread makes me happy!
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    this thread needed a kitteh gif.......

tumblr_mjrtme1xL61r91tnoo1_500.gif

I agree. And yeah, stranger candy makes Halloween fun!!!