What's your main decision to accept a friend request.

Options

Replies

• Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Cleavage.....
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I don't accept for their benefit, I'm a terrible friend
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I rarely get FR, but will check out their page and then usually accept. If you then don't log in for a 2 weeks or more I will delete. A sense of humour is a great plus!!!
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    When anyone adds me, I usually just accept. A message is nice, but as long as the person is fairly active on here and isn't an *kitten* to me, then I have no complaints.
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hey!

So when you see that little friend icon light up red and there is a number beside. Do you get kind of excited or more like blahhhh not again LOL. And when you see WHO requested. What influences your decision to accept or ignore?

Sometimes I feel like friending someone based on a reply in a thread or the fact that I can feel a cool connection (music, hobbies, etc)

^^Oh My Goodness

Nothing influences my decision to accept or ignore
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Since I'm still a newbie, I'll accept all requests. Maybe later if there is no interaction, I may defriend some of them. Or maybe not. Since I've been posting pictures of my supper every night for the last six months, { http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/rural-living/288289-whats-supper.html } it's obvious I don't mind people knowing what I eat.
  • ImpishVanity
    ImpishVanity Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I accept everyone. Haven't had any creepers yet
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Did you want one? I'm a creeper who loves tats on girls
  • SweetTrouble_
    SweetTrouble_ Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Prepare for the flood of creeper fr's!
  • ImpishVanity
    ImpishVanity Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Haha it's ok. Anyone who's a creeper can be deleted/ignored. I'm a tough enough chick to handle it ;)
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I'll accept anyone who doesn't give me a powerful reason not to do so (ie promoting eating disorders, racial or religious superiority, etc). It hasn't actually happened yet, but I suppose it's possible. I may have deleted a friend at one point for damning all non-vegans to Hell, so the bar is pretty high.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I accept all of them, maybe 1 out of 5 are actually active and supportive and the rest just mind their own business. That's fine too. If they're too annoying I will just delete them but that hasn't happened yet.
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I normally accept all friends request unless the person seems kinda pervy or if i can see from their profile they have an eating disorder. I like to try and give everyone a chance as long as it doesn't impact on my own progress
  • JefferyArnold
    JefferyArnold Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I pretty much accept everyone... I like to keep tabs on all the people's pictures and see how they are doing for progress. I have a few friends though, that I find super, like, oh my gawd hawt... I like to follow them because they motivate me.

Hot bodies do that for me.
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I normally accept all friends request unless the person seems kinda pervy or if i can see from their profile they have an eating disorder. I like to try and give everyone a chance as long as it doesn't impact on my own progress

This
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    i love new friend requests if the people are going to be active here.. so i usually accept all friend requests. i can always delete someone later if i need to.

i do delete people if they become inactive for even just a weeks time sometimes because im not in it for a giant friendslist. im in it for supporting and motivating others and also receiving the same. i will also delete people that talk too much about having issues like eating disorders, self harm, etc because i cant handle it.. and sometimes its kinda triggering.

i only recall completely not accepting one person and thats because for one they look mega creepy and old and they have a collection of young women.. and ALOT of them. i dont want to be a part of that.

as far as messages with a friend request.. i kinda dont like them because i cant read the full message half the time haha. so id prefer a message AFTER they are accepted. but whatever =)
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your myriad of replies. I have sent many of you friend requests because I love seeing all the updates, making my witty/not so witty comments, and getting the occasional like on my own posts. These likes reinforce the community aspect and remind me that there are others wishing and pushing me along, thank you.

Back to the topic...

I don't deny any requests that come my way. If you are over 50 and need to lose 100 lbs or if your 19 and need to lose 5, it doesn't matter to me. If you write a message in the request or leave it blank, I will pick up the slack and pontificate to my heart's content. If you have nothing written in your bio slots, I will analyze your profile pic and comments, and make up what I think about you.

Any and all are welcome.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I accept most of them, the only ones I deny tend to be people who are only sending a request because they love motivating and inspiring others, as they are just wonderful people like that and not because they use MFP as a way to benefit financially.

I've never sent a FR due to the fear of rejection that accompanies social awkwardness and the lack of boobs and abs in my profile.
  • HDHogger
    HDHogger Posts: 764
    Options
    I used to accept to return the compliment. Now, you had better have some good nudies to trade!