anti inflammatory diet

Options
13»

Replies

• Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I think a simple guideline: How many ingredients does this food have?

An orange...one ingredient

A head of cabbage...one ingredient

An almond...one ingredient.

It is not a flawless guideline, but when in doubt, I go for the product which has the fewest ingredients.

If you check out the ingredients on a can of Diet Coke (which I used to be addicted to) or a package of chips...you're pretty much eating a chemical feast. I do love you my occasional can of Diet Coke or my Snackwells, but I view those as treats and not daily staples.
  • AKnight93
    AKnight93 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dr. Andrew Weil's book Healthy Aging and my Dietician, at a Heart Center, recommend taking Zyflamend dietary supplement, which is a blend of ginger and turmeric along with other ingredients. They also recommend multivitamins, C0Q10 and Omega 3. I'm also taking a Yacon Root Extract for its prebiotic capabilities. I'm new to taking these. I have a high level of inflammation, which is a precursor to stroke and heart disease, so I started the Anti-Inflammatory Diet recently. My Dietician recommended Zyflamend because she has seen significant results for patients with inflammation and/or arthritis. I'm curious to see if it will also help reduce a bone spur in my elbow. I have read articles saying turmeric can help with this.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    rkmeyer41 wrote: »
    I am starting another journey into getting healthy...this time with a significant other. We both suffer with arthritis. Him hands..me knees and elbows (had a total knee replacement on my left leg last September). We just received the anti inflammatory diet book today. To my dismay many of the low fat high fiber foods I have been filling our diet with are deemed high on the inflammatory index by Monica Reinagel and Julius Torelli M.D.. I would love any input as to your experience with is diet or related subjects.

Robin

Robin I am 63 and after 40 years of pain mine 7-8+ pain as dropped to about 2-3 most days on a 1-10 scale after cutting out sugar and going low carb life style. Message me if you wish got to run out now.