Too busy to Work out

Options
124»

Replies

• arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Ok everyone those are good points.... No more excuses. I'll change the way I do things. No the boyfriend is not disabled just plain lazy. and says that his knees are sore because he broke both legs in high school playing football but he can walk just fine.

he needs to start pulling his weight around the house. you are not his servant!
    good luck
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You don't want it badly enough to make it a priority
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Yes she is making excuses but you guys are being too hard on her. Not everybody can get up at 3:20 in the morning to work out. I absolutely need 7-8 hours in bed to be a functioning human being (caffeine makes me sick and I sleep really horribly at night). I work out on the weekends because I have more time (only work half days on weekends) but telling her, "You can get up really early in the morning because I can" is really not ok.

Stating the truth is not being too hard on her or anyone. If you want this bad enough you make the time.
  • callyart
    callyart Posts: 209
    Options
    Simple solution is find 3 days a week for your exercise, and tell your boyfriend he will have to cope on his own. I would not let my partner stop me from doing exercise, or anything else I needed/wanted to do. It's all about balance in a relationship.

If you want to do it, there is no excuse, you can do it. I used to make excuses all the time, the main one being we have no spare money for gym membership, or wii fit. I cut out junk food and have saved £100 in 4 and a half weeks, which has paid for my gym membership and put money in the savings account.

You can do it, you just need to think about yourself!
  • callyart
    callyart Posts: 209
    Options
    Yes she is making excuses but you guys are being too hard on her. Not everybody can get up at 3:20 in the morning to work out. I absolutely need 7-8 hours in bed to be a functioning human being (caffeine makes me sick and I sleep really horribly at night). I work out on the weekends because I have more time (only work half days on weekends) but telling her, "You can get up really early in the morning because I can" is really not ok.

Stating the truth is not being too hard on her or anyone. If you want this bad enough you make the time.

Sometimes stating the truth and a harsh reality is needed for some people. Luckily I made my own way here but I would hope if I was there, someone would have kicked me up the bum and told me how it is!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

So, I never actually said.... "You can get up really early in the morning because I can." What I said was
    There was a thread awhile back, about what time you get up to exercise. I get up at 3:20 AM on work days to stairclimb for 1/2 hr. I work 12 hr shifts, and start at 5 AM..... And I wasn't anywhere near the earliest riser in that thread.

I was simply stated WHAT I DO. What she chooses to do, is whatever she chooses to do. I was giving ONE example of what ONE sloth does, to make sure he gets some cardio in daily. She can do whatever she wants with that info, and so can you. :flowerforyou:

Using your quoting tactics, you just told her
    I work out on the weekends because I have more time. SO, SO CAN YOU !

I am a full time working parent, with 2 pet dogs, a husband and a 4 bedroom house to maintain. I get to work at 7.30am every day... oh and I train 6 times a week. I get up 4.30-5am to do it, or do a session at home after work/dinner/packing lunches etc hence its 8-8.30pm.

Don't tell me you don't have time, thats bullsh!t. You're just trying to justify you're own laziness. Yes they're harsh words, but honest. If I can do it anyone can. When you're serious drop me a line.

EDIT - this has to be a troll. check out her other thread - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1178507-foods-that-i-eat

I knew I recognized her.

the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-meme-generator-i-don-t-always-troll-but-when-i-do-i-do-it-on-purpose-b5020c.jpg
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    The title says it all. I am so busy with going to school plus taking care of my boyfriend, my house and my pets I can't seem to find anytime to do any workouts. I go to school 9-2. Then I come home do housework and tend to my boyfriends needs even tho he can walk. I cook, clean for him. Sometimes it is frustrating. but I do it anyways. Because of the cold weather I don't really walk anymore. I feel bad for my pets because they miss being walked. I know these are all excuses but it is true. If anyone is in my shoes or has been through what I am going through maybe you can help me or tell me what worked for you. I made it to 194 pounds but I can't seem to go lower.

I lost over 50lbs without doing any exercise at all, and didn't start until I transitioned into maintenance (started with walking and progressed from there). Weight loss is about a calorie deficit.

If you aren't ready to make exercise a priority in your life then just focus on calories right now. But, adding in a brisk walk 2-3 times a week will give you extra calories and it's also good for your health.
  • michellewelch2010
    michellewelch2010 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Your health and body should be your top priority, you are worth it! Make it happen and you will never regret it.
  • kdeanosu
    kdeanosu Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am a full time working parent, with 2 pet dogs, a husband and a 4 bedroom house to maintain. I get to work at 7.30am every day... oh and I train 6 times a week. I get up 4.30-5am to do it, or do a session at home after work/dinner/packing lunches etc hence its 8-8.30pm.

Don't tell me you don't have time, thats bullsh!t. You're just trying to justify you're own laziness. Yes they're harsh words, but honest. If I can do it anyone can. When you're serious drop me a line.

EDIT - this has to be a troll. check out her other thread - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1178507-foods-that-i-eat

I agree with you regarding her other thread. It almost seems as if she's mocking the whole MFP concept.
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Ok everyone those are good points.... No more excuses. I'll change the way I do things. No the boyfriend is not disabled just plain lazy. and says that his knees are sore because he broke both legs in high school playing football but he can walk just fine.

He's got it good....a cook, house cleaner and sex giver all in one!

And what exactly does he give back?

I'm sorry, but you're worth so much more than that sweetheart.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you did not say we are mean people for making all those points. :bigsmile:

Seriously, stop taking care of the boyfriend's needs. If he has sore knees he needs to go to the doctor and get them checked out. He also needs to do his own cleaning and cooking.

Go work out and you will not regret it! :drinker:
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options

Of course he is. Why wouldn't he be lazy if you're there to just do everything for him? Just stop catering to his every whim, take care of yourself. You go to school for 5 hours a day. That's 19 hours left in the day to do everything else. That is WAY more time than I'm willing to bet 95% of people on this board have.
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I have a full time job, I go to college part time, I am a new homeowner, and I make time for the gym, my guy and church. Prioritize your time and don't make excuses for why you "can't" anything.
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Your pets miss walking? so then you don't care about them either? I mean if your boyfriends needs are more important than your health. He needs to grow up and IF HE LOVES YOU HE'D WANT TO WORKOUT WITH YOU! or do dinner or something...

excuses, they are your choice, but you need to own up to them. You are not that busy compared to many. Walk Away the Pounds is free youtube and works right there at home... take the dogs for a darn walk even 15 minutes one way and then back is best for you and them!