Help With TDDE?

Options
2»

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I didn't know what TDDE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) stood for, so I had to look it up!

There are ways to be hooked up to all sorts of gadgets to measure your metabolic rate throughout a whole day, but I wouldn't even know how to go about signing up for it. haha. There are estimators, like the one posted above, and they are fairly accurate for most people. I find that it changes for me based on how good I've been doing on my exercise. When I'm exercising consistenty for a while, my basal metabolic rate seems to go up.

I know that's probably not helpful, but maybe the other guy;s link will help

Do you think MFP is better? i mean if i ever skip exercise (which i nvr did so far, maybe once in last 4 months) then i wud still end up eating more...but with MFP i can deal with it better

That is the part of MFP that is better, as exercise you actually do, not plan to do is accounted for. That said, if you follow MFP you should be aiming for no more than 1 lb/week weight loss, though I would suggest a goal of 0.5lbs/week, so you don't lose as much lean muscle mass.

If you plug in 0.5lbs/week as your goal how many cals does MFP give you?

0.5kg per week says 1930 calories ...and btw i am not too sure how much they are in lbs lol

0.5kgs/week is just over 1lb/week. which is a little aggressive, with so little to lose. I would use the 1930 plus exercise cals as your bare minimum.
  • sandhusaab16
    Options
    I didn't know what TDDE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) stood for, so I had to look it up!

There are ways to be hooked up to all sorts of gadgets to measure your metabolic rate throughout a whole day, but I wouldn't even know how to go about signing up for it. haha. There are estimators, like the one posted above, and they are fairly accurate for most people. I find that it changes for me based on how good I've been doing on my exercise. When I'm exercising consistenty for a while, my basal metabolic rate seems to go up.

Do you think MFP is better? i mean if i ever skip exercise (which i nvr did so far, maybe once in last 4 months) then i wud still end up eating more...but with MFP i can deal with it better

That is the part of MFP that is better, as exercise you actually do, not plan to do is accounted for. That said, if you follow MFP you should be aiming for no more than 1 lb/week weight loss, though I would suggest a goal of 0.5lbs/week, so you don't lose as much lean muscle mass.

0.5kg per week says 1930 calories ...and btw i am not too sure how much they are in lbs lol

0.5kgs/week is just over 1lb/week. which is a little aggressive, with so little to lose. I would use the 1930 plus exercise cals as your bare minimum.

ok so you meant 1930 calories net ? or include exercise too?

and btw i am also doing weight lifting with cardio (just telling)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

ok so you meant 1930 calories net ? or include exercise too?

and btw i am also doing weight lifting with cardio (just telling)

MFP suggested caloric intake is always net. So eat 1930 plus anything you burn from exercise.