Replies

• sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I can wear my 8 year olds t-shirts!!!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    The size 8 skinny jeans I was able to buy last week. A year ago I was a 16/18. The thin clothes I used to wear are all too big now. :laugh:
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    (Oh, help. I started to say something, and now can't figure out how to delete my comment altogether.)
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    had to buy new boxers because old ones would just fall off.
  • scot30316
    scot30316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    On Labor Day 2013, size 40 waist pants were TIGHT. Button straining tight. Today I am wearing Banana Republic size 35 waist pants comfortably and tried on a pair of GAP 34x32 Standard Cut jeans and they FIT
  • snow00774
    Options
    what does NSV mean?:embarassed:

Non Scale Victory

Mine is that I am back in size 12 Pants - haven't worn a size 12 since before my son was born 11yrs ago!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

TY and that is definitely a great NSV, congrats!
  • snow00774
    Options
    what does NSV mean?:embarassed:

Don't fret! Simple question. NSV = non scale victory

Basically anything that doesn't directly involve the scale/pounds lost can be a NSV
    @Snow00774 --- NSV is non-scale victory. Such as finally fitting into a kayak, or catching people checking you out, or realizing your someday clothes are now what you are wearing.

I keep having my pants hit the floor as soon as the belt is off. A bunch of my dress shirts look like I am wearing someone else's clothes.
    Plan for this week: Try on all my clothes, sorting them into Keep & Give Away. Got a charity event at the end of the month, and whatever they don't want will go to the local thrift store and wannabe Macklemoores can work on making it look good.

This will tell me how much I need to go shopping for this weekend.

Thank you also!

Both your NSV are fantastic, I can't wait to report on when I see a pretty decent one, hopefully soonm but also aware these things take time!

Love reading all of these, very inspiring!
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    The size 8 pants I am wearing today are loose in the waste and bottom!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    @Snow00774 --- NSV is non-scale victory. Such as finally fitting into a kayak, or catching people checking you out, or realizing your someday clothes are now what you are wearing.

I keep having my pants hit the floor as soon as the belt is off. A bunch of my dress shirts look like I am wearing someone else's clothes.
    Plan for this week: Try on all my clothes, sorting them into Keep & Give Away. Got a charity event at the end of the month, and whatever they don't want will go to the local thrift store and wannabe Macklemoores can work on making it look good.

I keep one size up and then donate the rest (now that I'm at/near goal). I actually gave two big garbage bags full of stuff to my mom. She took some, my grandma is rocking some new jeans (yeah thats how she rolls :glasses:), and then my mom was going to give some of the rest to other bartenders/friends that she has who don't have a lot of money. My bigger sizes didn't get a lot of wear so they are very gently used. I'm so glad that I got to help family and strangers out!
  • msienkiewicz
    msienkiewicz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a winter coat I bought while in grad school and I haven't worn it since the mid-90s. I pulled it out of the closet to wear last month when I needed a longer leg-covering coat to wear to walk to work in the "coldest weather in 20 years". It fit perfectly.

My usual winter coat (now close to 20 years old and wearing out) is big enough on me now so I can layer a sweater or hoodie underneath for extra warmth.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

I keep one size up and then donate the rest (now that I'm at/near goal). I actually gave two big garbage bags full of stuff to my mom. She took some, my grandma is rocking some new jeans (yeah thats how she rolls :glasses:), and then my mom was going to give some of the rest to other bartenders/friends that she has who don't have a lot of money. My bigger sizes didn't get a lot of wear so they are very gently used. I'm so glad that I got to help family and strangers out!

That's really cool! Last year I got rid of 95% (or more) of my wardrobe. I joined a Facebook group for plus size clothing swaps in my area and used it (with their permission) to advertise my garage sale. Sold everything in a couple of hours for pretty good prices. Then I started selling things in "lots" on Craigslist and that worked great, too. I'm a fairly trendy 37 yr old so it was cute to see teenage girls and 60-something grandmothers both buying my old stuff LOL

I find now that the too-big stuff I'm trying to sell is 18 and 1X I get almost no response when I post it online, though. The bigger stuff was much easier to sell.

I've donated a TON the whole time though. Anything remotely faded or stretched out goes directly to charity and/or thrift shops and now that no one seems interested in my old clothes at my current size I'll probably donate 100% from here on out.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I started a new job on January 2, so I needed professional clothing to wear to work. I ended up purchasing sixes 4 and 5 instead of 8 and 9. I bought a pair of tights to wear under skirts and dresses - size small. And nooo muffin top when I wear them. Woohoo!
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My wardrobe is 100% new--there is nothing that I used to wear that I still can. While this is expensive, it still makes me happy!

My most recent clothing NSV--last May I did a 5K (walked it--could run it now :smile: ). The t-shirts that they handed out were those tech shirts (almost no stretch/give). I could not even get that thing over my shoulders it was so small (then). Now, I wore it to boot camp last night! Couldn't believe it when I got it on!
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Have gone from being uncomfortable in 36 inch waist jeans to being comfortable in 31.
    As soon as I'm back down to 30 I'll switch to bulking.
  • Kanyon17
    Kanyon17 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wore 40D bra and it was thight just a few months ago. I went shopping last weekend and 38C were perfect! Goal: get back to 34 as I used to be. I don't mind keeping the C letter (used to be a B):)
  • looneytunes32
    looneytunes32 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've been very slowly losing weight since January 1 (the first 10 pounds on my pounds lost was from a long time ago) (and no, not a NY resolution, just timing of the results of the lab work I had done) so I've lost about 5 pounds in the last month. My wedding ring is looser and I can buckle my belt 2 notches tighter. I think part of it is that I feel much less bloated all the time.
  • Sirrunsalot75
    Sirrunsalot75 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    My wife keeps trying to get in my pants.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    My 19 year old shrank out of some really cute jeans (she's my lifting pal). She told me to try them on and THEY FIT!! I pranced around in them all day Sunday. My daughter's friend, not knowing the jeans used to belong to my dd, exclaimed about how cute my jeans were and how good they looked on me!
  • stormninja11
    Options
    I have dropped 2 pant sizes since October went from 22 (sometimes 24) to 18 now. However I tried on a pair of 16 jeans this weekend and although they were tight, I could get them zipped and sit down in them without hearing fabric tearing! I haven't been in a size 16 since high school (20 years ago). There is a (economic) down side to this though...now I want to buy clothes!
  • Caterpillar_17
    Caterpillar_17 Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Fitting into three different small sized shirts and having them be loose, even though I'm technically still in the "overweight" range. I used to have to wear XL-2XL. :3