How Often Do You Change / Wash Bedsheets ?

Options

Replies

• mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday at minimum, but sooner if it's been a um...um...um...productive week?

Yup, me too, except on Sunday.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry OP I guess I'm not understanding a few things. You now have a new HE washer? Can this one "handle" the sheets?

Also you now have more sheets sets?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I'm sorry one more thing...what is monster high?
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options

Monster high is like zombie barbies that my 8 year old is really in to.....

And the sheets in my house change once a week. My daughter has 2 sets of monster high, my son has cars and thomas. I just have 2 matching sets to rotate.

6 months....even 3 months is disgusting.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    I sleep on the couch to avoid this.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Pretty regularly, like 3-4 times a month. I'm really weird about sheets and can easily become a little OCD about them, so I try to reign it in a little bit. I have been known to take a lint roller to the bottom sheet on the regular just to minimize debris that bare feet might collect from the floor before bedtime, and I've also made a habit of brushing me feet off before putting them under the covers. Even a stray hair makes me feel a little icky, but I'm getting better about that. Patterned sheets help. lol
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm SHOCKED at the replies. I keep seven sets on hand and I change them daily. Anyone every heard of dust mites? Bed bugs?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

And the sheets in my house change once a week. My daughter has 2 sets of monster high, my son has cars and thomas. I just have 2 matching sets to rotate.

Oh thank god, I thought it was young people slang for being super overly high.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options

That could be the case if you live in Colorado. Wonder where the OP is from???
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I'm SHOCKED at the replies. I keep seven sets on hand and I change them daily. Anyone every heard of dust mites? Bed bugs?

Can you please come clean my house? I will pay you in ramen. so You can make all the yaki thing.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options

I'm going to make an effort to use the phrase "monster high" in that exact way at some point! :laugh:
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    every other week-end.
    The same day I vacuum the bedrooms
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Can you please come clean my house? I will pay you in ramen. so You can make all the yaki thing.

Screw exercise. I just laughed so hard I have a six pack!!
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Um why not just have no sheets? Then when the bed gets nasty you flip it.

I mean if you wait 6 months to flip it that's a year and after a year the bed needs to be burned anyways :D
    ---

I typically have the white pad that goes on the bed, then you have the fitted sheet, then the non-fitted sheet, then pillow cases, and a blanket.

My blanket typically gets washed way less but the sheets get washed with the weekly wash.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I swear if this thread gets to two pages, I'm deactivating...

Yet I add to it. <DOH>
  • threefancy
    threefancy Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Months?...Gross.
    They should be washed weekly......Bodily fluids, sweat, dead skin cells..
  • GothicaAdore
    GothicaAdore Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Every other week or so. I only sleep here 4 nights a week.
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hell, I don't know if we've washed ours since '06.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Every time I *kitten*, which is 2 or 3 times a day.

I had to Google this one. I'm old.
    A "day" is the amount of time it takes the Earth to rotate enough for the sun to return to the same relative position in the sky, which is 24 hours on a clock. (That's the most commonly used one, the solar day. But there's the less well-known sidereal day.)
This discussion has been closed.