How Often Do You Change / Wash Bedsheets ?

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    I change them *when needed*. My husband just had the flu, and the poor guy really sweat, so I'll be changing them. Usually every 2 weeks. I'd change them more often, but it becomes impractical for me to do so. When I was single, I changed them very infrequently....they just did not get dirty/smelly with only me in there. My husband's pheromones makes me change them more often lol.
  • the lady comes weekly
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Wait! Hold the phone. We can own more than one set? Why wasn't I told?
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    You're supposed to change them?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Darlin', I'm so glad you got some new sheets to motivate you to change them more often! :wink: I encourage you to keep closing that gap between launderings! :bigsmile:
  • chirosche
    chirosche Posts: 66 Member
    I think some people post topics just to see how people just get carried away like a runaway freight train. It's probably not even true. And if true, there are other problems I don't want to think about.
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    I'm not sure what this says about me, but for a topic that I thought was kinda dumb.....this is a really funny (funny haha) thread!! Thank you OP! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Every couple days.
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Every week. If we're being SUPER lazy, every two weeks. But I prefer it be weekly.
  • :laugh:
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    You're supposed to change them?

OMG that is so funny :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • :laugh: :laugh:
    Wait! Hold the phone. We can own more than one set? Why wasn't I told?
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Yeah, I'm at the upper limit...maybe once a month. BUT I don't make the bed, I pull the blankets off and let the sheets "air out" in the morning. I don't like putting the clean sheets back on to the bed. I have short arms.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    6 months IS really long time, i appreciate your honesty OP.

giphy.gif

I try to change them every other week, it really depends.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Yeah, I'm at the upper limit...maybe once a month. BUT I don't make the bed, I pull the blankets off and let the sheets "air out" in the morning. I don't like putting the clean sheets back on to the bed. I have short arms.

i do this too!!! Making them is for special occassions.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Every Friday night or Saturday morning......
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Usually every Sunday. I don't like top sheets, so it's just the bottom sheet and pillowcases. I bought 3 sets for a good deal, all the same color, so I don't have to even worry about them matching.

We use a quilt and then a coverlet/duvet/whatever the F the big heavy thing is called over the top of that in the winter. The quilt gets washed about every 3 weeks or so. The duvet thingie has to be taken to the laundry mat for the big triple loader.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    I would like to say every other week, but realistically, once a month. I have 4 kids, and work, so there are a lot more things that take higher priority. UNLESS the sheets need it before then for certain circumstances (hot or active nights -wink, wink!).
  • Once a week - I can't stand having sheets go longer than that! There is nothing like snuggling in bed in newly washed sheets. <3
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Every time I *kitten*, which is 2 or 3 times a day.

I had to Google this one. I'm old.
    A "day" is the amount of time it takes the Earth to rotate enough for the sun to return to the same relative position in the sky, which is 24 hours on a clock. (That's the most commonly used one, the solar day. But there's the less well-known sidereal day.)

Snort!
This discussion has been closed.