It's the little things..........

Options

Replies

• ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    Excellent post! I've only lost 4 pounds of 35 but yesterday I put my hands on my hips and noticed that I have the beginnings of a waistline again.:bigsmile:

That's a great feeling!!
    Options
    Still a long way to go, so no surprise boneiness yet. But I did get a flash of neck hollow yesterday - rather surprised me! A co-worker I've not seen for months saw me at lunch today and immediately noticed I'd lost weight. Oh, and I've got much better balance now. I can stand on one leg to put my tights on in a morning - six months ago I had to sit down or fall over. Don't know if that's the weight loss or the core exercises I've been doing - but it's great. Plus my belly doesn't stick out any more when I lie flat on my back. It's not a big hollow, but it's a lot less of a mountain than it used to be!

We have about the same SW and GW! You are doing amazing, great job!!!
  • Watermelon398
    Watermelon398 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's for this post! It's nice to be reminded that I have to focus on the small accomplishments instead of getting fixated on that big massive scary "I have to lose this" number.

I've got several of the same as you, but a few moments that stuck out to me so far:

1. I stumbled over a weight that had been carelessly left out and instead of falling flat on my face, I managed deftly hop back into balance and didn't even hurt my weak knee!

2. My wedding ring is in danger of falling off.

3. I can feel BONES in my FACE! Where did those come from? And where did those quads come from??

:) Now I'm happy! Thanks!
    Options
    That's for this post! It's nice to be reminded that I have to focus on the small accomplishments instead of getting fixated on that big massive scary "I have to lose this" number.

I've got several of the same as you, but a few moments that stuck out to me so far:

1. I stumbled over a weight that had been carelessly left out and instead of falling flat on my face, I managed deftly hop back into balance and didn't even hurt my weak knee!

2. My wedding ring is in danger of falling off.

3. I can feel BONES in my FACE! Where did those come from? And where did those quads come from??

:) Now I'm happy! Thanks!

Awesome!! I have those, too. :-) I've sized my wedding ring 3 times already!!
  • smithcarola
    smithcarola Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I can sit in my chair at work and my hips don't hit the arms of the chair.

I had to tighten the laces on my walking shoes.

I got on the elliptical the other day and it didn't kill my knees. I think I'm going to try it out again. :smile:
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I utterly adore this post!
  • linka411
    linka411 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    This may be imagined in my head since I'm juuust starting all this and began doing squats last week, but here goes...

My legs. They feel lighter and stronger at the same time. They don't look at all thinner, but I feel like something's happening in my quads. A good thing. I don't know how or if it's even possible at this point, but that's how I feel.

Also, I just feel better overall now that I'm eating healthier. Even if I don't make my monthly mini-goals, I just feel better more often because I'm going to the gym and I'm eating better.

Another little thing: This is my 50th post on MFP. *small sprinkle of confetti* :)
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Great post!

Someone said to me at the gym.. "well you don't understand, you've never been really heavy" I guess that means I look naturally thin? I WISH!

I also found bones I didn't know I had. actually startled myself rubbing my neck to to long ago. Then I realized it was my neck bone not some growth LOL
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I :heart: this post! The little things are what keep us going.

1. Last summer I noticed some of my tank tops became a little too scandalous to wear. I lost fat in my shoulders and upper back, so the previous normal to low cut became a "look at these puppies!" cut.

2. When I try on clothes now, they usually fit! I even fit into a size 6, only one pair of shorts, but I've never fit into a 6 so I'll take it. :smile:

3. This one is harder to explain. When I sit cross-legged, I no longer have this little mound of fat sticking up from where my knees bend.

4. When I wear belts they don't dig into my stomach.

5. My husband comes up and gives me a booty pat anytime he sees me in my workout clothes (seriously, it's better than lingerie!)
    Options
    I can sit in my chair at work and my hips don't hit the arms of the chair.

I had to tighten the laces on my walking shoes.

I got on the elliptical the other day and it didn't kill my knees. I think I'm going to try it out again. :smile:

Woohoo!!!! Amazing job! Keep it up!
    Options
    I utterly adore this post!

:-) thanks :-)
    Options
    This may be imagined in my head since I'm juuust starting all this and began doing squats last week, but here goes...

My legs. They feel lighter and stronger at the same time. They don't look at all thinner, but I feel like something's happening in my quads. A good thing. I don't know how or if it's even possible at this point, but that's how I feel.

Also, I just feel better overall now that I'm eating healthier. Even if I don't make my monthly mini-goals, I just feel better more often because I'm going to the gym and I'm eating better.

Another little thing: This is my 50th post on MFP. *small sprinkle of confetti* :)

Awesome!!!

????????????????????
    Options
    I :heart: this post! The little things are what keep us going.

1. Last summer I noticed some of my tank tops became a little too scandalous to wear. I lost fat in my shoulders and upper back, so the previous normal to low cut became a "look at these puppies!" cut.

2. When I try on clothes now, they usually fit! I even fit into a size 6, only one pair of shorts, but I've never fit into a 6 so I'll take it. :smile:

3. This one is harder to explain. When I sit cross-legged, I no longer have this little mound of fat sticking up from where my knees bend.

4. When I wear belts they don't dig into my stomach.

5. My husband comes up and gives me a booty pat anytime he sees me in my workout clothes (seriously, it's better than lingerie!)

Love all, especially #5, my hubby is that way, too!! When we ran together when it was warmer (damn winter!) I got attacked 3 times more a week than normal :blushing:
  • eso2012
    eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Ah, one more to add.

Super skinny jeans are comfortable - all day long!
  • richardositosanchez
    Options
    I can now wear clothes that are 1 size smaller, and some of my pants and shorts that before used to barely fit me now fit me easily, in some cases loosely so I need a belt. I had to buy a smaller sized belt as well.
  • louisegibbs85
    louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Excellent post :) ... I have hip bones, I have one chin, more willing to do things! .... I put off doing an exercise class for months and months but 2014 I decided I was going to actually DO things and not just think about doing them, I've gone from a sedentary lifestyle to using an exercise machine ... Then added an exercise class ... Then DVDs and now another class :) I eat because I'm hungry, I can watch a film without needing 200 munchies haha ... So many benefits makes me excited to reach my goal weight and to finally fit into the outfits I picture wearing in my head haha .... Also I can sit in the bath without acting like a human dam because my hips no longer meet each side
    Options
    Ah, one more to add.

Super skinny jeans are comfortable - all day long!

Can't wait for that!!! The only pair of skinny jeans I own.......well......they aren't so skinny anymore *tear*
    Options
    Excellent post :) ... I have hip bones, I have one chin, more willing to do things! .... I put off doing an exercise class for months and months but 2014 I decided I was going to actually DO things and not just think about doing them, I've gone from a sedentary lifestyle to using an exercise machine ... Then added an exercise class ... Then DVDs and now another class :) I eat because I'm hungry, I can watch a film without needing 200 munchies haha ... So many benefits makes me excited to reach my goal weight and to finally fit into the outfits I picture wearing in my head haha .... Also I can sit in the bath without acting like a human dam because my hips no longer meet each side

Love the last one so much!!!!!! Only cuz I've been there too!! Way to go!!

On a side note, I had a dream you could grab my waist and your fingers could touch I was so small........yea......won't ever happen!!! Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!! Nice dream tho
    Options
    I can now wear clothes that are 1 size smaller, and some of my pants and shorts that before used to barely fit me now fit me easily, in some cases loosely so I need a belt. I had to buy a smaller sized belt as well.

Go shopping!!!!!! :drinker:
  • Sweatinglikeapigtolooklikeafox
    Options
    1) I can now leg press more than my partner
    2) I can walk faster without getting out of breathe
    3) my bingo wings are going
    4) Working out with my partner is far more fun as we push each other
    The biggest though is
    5) I can get through an entire nightshift at work with 1 decent meal inside me and not feel the need to snack as I used to :D