Any healthy cleanse/detox suggestions?

Options
2»

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    eliminate some bloat as well as relieve some stress
    Drink water, eat healthy foods, move your body, get good sleep. Works like a charm.

Seriously - no need for a detox or cleanse.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    The only toxins I get rid of are the people who give me stupid advice or otherwise try to make me waste my money on something worthless, like that detox.

It's your money. Waste it however you see fit.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Also ever since I've been eating yogurt that has live bacteria "probiotics" once or twice a day I no longer belch and have indigestion issues.

"Probiotics" are also good to keep you pooping regularly. I make kefir, which is similar to yoghurt.

But yeah, I repeat my advice to work out what it is that is making you feel bloated.

It very well may be stress. All bloating is not diet related. Eliminate, or lessen, the stress and the bloat may take care of itself.

OP, instead of a diet cleanse I would urge you to try and remove the stress. If you can't remove the stressor(s), then try stress relief methods to deal with it.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Finally an answer related to my post!
    I wasn't asking for any drastic crazy detox to completely clean my body in a week
    I'm not looking to lose weight in a detox
    I'm looking for ways to eliminate some stress and bloat
    Thanks for the suggestion
    I think I'll head to the store tomorrow and grab tons of fruits and veggies and try to really limit any fatty foods for a couple of days. That way my body will naturally clean itself without added chemicals or any drastic changes.
    I've recently tried drinking water I just need to remember to.

So thanks again
    I'll continue with my workout regime and try to stick to a mostly fruit and veggie as well as high amounts of water for a couple of days.

:flowerforyou: I have a 32 oz water bottle that goes everywhere with me - if I drink two in a day I am doing okay - 3 in a day doing good and anything after that is a bonus! Having it with me all the time helps.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I bought a book a few years ago called "detox" by Sara Rose. It isn't long. It's more like a head magazine/ recipe book. It really helped me. It has lists to food to try to incorporate and ones to avoid. It also has a one month diet to follow, but all of that tomato peeling was too much for me to do for more than two weeks.

Detoxing isn't about losing weight. I had better luck focusing first on detoxing and adding in nutritious food and then on cutting calories. You will probably crave more while detoxing and you should eat as many healthy clean foods as you need to. I did wind up losing when I was filling the books diet though.

This book also focused on cutting out foods that cause some people digestive problems, like bovine dairy, wheat, and red meats. You can add them back later if they don't unset your system and you don't have allergies. I can't eating dairy and my husband can't have too much fatty red meats (much to his dismay).
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Assuming you're digesting your food and excreting it properly, all a cleanse will do it cleanse your wallet of some extra cash.
  • sharde8691
    sharde8691 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't agree with some of the posts. I think that a cleanse or detox can be very beneficial. You know your body best and if you feel like your body needs a good cleanse DO IT!
    You can just eat raw veggies and fruit (no processed foods or meats) drink yogi detox tea 3 times a day for a few days and you will feel back to normal. Our liver and kidneys do cleanse our body, but doing a detox helps assist those organs.
  • ztaitaifufu
    ztaitaifufu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    dandilion tea is helpful for bloat. but in general as long as you are eating enough greens and other vegetables you shouldn't need one. cleanse programs (though the natalia rose one mentioned before is a good starting point for just basic healthy eating) are just a short cut - and short cuts don't work and end up harming you in the long run.... but given what you've said i'd say you are already aware : ) feel better : )
  • toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Our liver and kidneys do cleanse our body, but doing a detox helps assist those organs.

In what way?