Options
124»

Replies

• ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL-l4bZCkAw
    [/quote]

Thanks for sharing this link. I've had this song in my head for three hours now and can't get shed of it.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I just do flat barbell bench press. Five reps is a lot easier and less time consuming than 30-50. Moreover, if your goal is strength instead of endurance you'll eventually move onto free weights.

Now pull ups is a different story.

Don't undersell push ups.

The most I've done is 65 but typically around 45. My husband and I do sets of three at the end of training to hit a minimum of 100.

The reason I quoted the above post is because I believe that push ups help keep my shoulders healthy for bench similar to mobility things like ytwl. While I'm not the most awesome bencher, my husband holds two national records and concurs with my assessment.

I agree with pull ups. I love them too. Max on them is 15.
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I can not think of a better exercise than push ups.. No equipment needed just push down and then up.
    Have done 350 so far today on my way to 500. Do them 25-50 at a time throughout the day.
  • Jackson4590
    Jackson4590 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have done 66 in a row but if i take a week off or so from doing them I will drop back down to about 40 in a row.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    36 from when I tried the YAYOG app back in May - not really accurate though, since there's a time limit and I had to mess around to hit the continue button all the time. Plus, when the time was up, I had plenty of juice left.

Wonder how many I could do now that I've been doing bench press instead? Maybe I'll see tomorrow - today is my rest day.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    75 push ups on my toes! Best body weight exercise ever!!!

This is awesome, great job!!

I can do 30 in a row, on my toes. 6 months ago, I could do maybe 2 :smile:
  • Whambam087
    Options
    I treat pushups like any other strength training exercise so I do them in sets. Yesterday I did 4 sets of 35. My dad usually does 4 sets of 50 so I'm trying to get there...someday...maybe lol
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Options
    85+.
  • mmartinez_az
    Options
    200 with a chick on the bottom.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    20 now. Makes me sad because when I was in the army I used to do enough to max the men's scale (i think around 75 or so) and then stand up with time to spare in the 2 min. I wouldn't even be tired. It was so easy back then. I'd like to feel that strong again.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    How cute is the girl?

giggity.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    11 Miltary style. Last fall in was 1.
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Tonight I tried 30 to 1 (full) push ups to see if I could do it. I know I've done 20 to 1 before and wasn't sure I could make 30 but Insanity shredded my hamstrings last night so needed a challenge for today. I knew if I could get to 20 I'd get through and managed to complete the session in about half an hour but boy did it hurt. Arms still a bit shaky...

Added it up - 465 of the blighters - no wonder my triceps are trembling!
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Define without stopping? Without a pause at the top I can do 56. When I did a mock screen test a week or so ago I did 104 in my two minutes with only two static pauses at the top for about two seconds each.

Rigger
  • buttercupcakegina
    buttercupcakegina Posts: 34 Member
    Options
  • rhii_xx
    Options
    I used to be able to do 40 consecutively, then I stopped exercising for a while and could only do 15 by the time I started up again. I'm up to 20 now, but there's still quite a bit to go. :sad: