Help me settle an argument

Options

Replies

• 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Depends on my mood. Mostly yoga pants and a sweatshirt, and an accompanying stocking cap for this lovely winter we're having. Otherwise Jeans and a sweatshirt maybe 1-2 nights a week.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I usually go for jeans and a shirt - rugby or T - unless I'm on the bike or nordic trak. Then it's sweats and a T-shirt then a shower and the bathrobe.

If I'm snow blowing with the tractor it's a blaze orange one piece over the jeans and boots, goggles if the wind is up. Very fashionable.

I really need some awesome coveralls, FTR.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    So what is the argument anyway??

I wear business clothes daily. Today is a dress w/ tall black boots w/ heels. I will go home and immediately remove it all and put on pj pants/yoga pants and a t-shirt ... and slippers.

I may wear sweats too much in his presence... If we're not out, I'm in sweats *LOL*

*ETA: yoga pants, t-shirt, whatever.... you get the picture.

why would someone dress up more than that for being at home?
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Bra is gone and sweats/lounge pants are coming on. (providing I'm not going anywhere else that night)

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I usually work in jeans and t-shirt and stay that way until bed.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    People don't wear yoga pants or shorts to work?
    Golly. Sucks to be you. :bigsmile:
  • odusgolp
    Options

I wear business clothes daily. Today is a dress w/ tall black boots w/ heels. I will go home and immediately remove it all and put on pj pants/yoga pants and a t-shirt ... and slippers.

I may wear sweats too much in his presence... If we're not out, I'm in sweats *LOL*

In his defense, it is a pretty new relationship. I just don't seem to ... care *LOL* I'm a horrible person.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    People don't wear yoga pants or shorts to work?
    Golly. Sucks to be you. :bigsmile:

I completely agree.
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a stay at home homeschooling mom of 4 so to most people I "don't have a day job" but, I do still get dressed nicely every single day, I like to look nice for myself and my husband and to show my children that even though you do stay home the majority of the day you still need to get yourself ready for the day and look nice as well.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I play with the baby for a few minutes, then head upstairs and change into yoga pants/capris, a t-shirt and flip-flops!

The only time that is different is if I have plans after work, then I change into jeans and an appropriate shirt.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

In his defense, it is a pretty new relationship. I just don't seem to ... care *LOL* I'm a horrible person.
    Not horrible, just not 20 anymore.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I don't change unless I am going to workout.

I may loosen my tie.

I prefer to keep myself attractive in case I walk by a mirror.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I don't change unless I am going to workout.

I may loosen my tie.

I prefer to keep myself attractive in case I walk by a mirror.

I do love you.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I often wear (nice) jeans to work; the only thing I might change when I get home is taking off a blazer and putting a sweater or sweatshirt on, something like that. And taking my shoes off.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I do not because I work in jeans.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    If I have to be the studio or the gym- fitness/capris pants.

If I'm not going anywhere for over 2 hrs- sweats.

othewise- sweats.

I love my heavy *kitten* modell's sweats. They are amazing.

edit- as little as possible in the summer. Now- not so much.
  • threefancy
    threefancy Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Bra is gone and sweats/lounge pants are coming on. (providing I'm not going anywhere else that night)

Same.
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I change into sweats and a ratty old thermal as soon as I'm home . . . and I never wear a bra when I'm at home.
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Shoes off at the door. Put whatever is in my hands on the counter, then... Shirt off, bra off, replaced by a t-shirt or sweatshirt depending on the season. Then pants or skirt and socks/ nylons or tights (if I wore any of those) off and shorts on. If I had to go remove snow, I'd put sweatpants or something similar on. Comfy is the only way to be around home. If you expect more of me, your expectations are to high.
  • mnardi123
    mnardi123 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I rarely have time to change before picking up kids, making dinner, dropping off kids, picking up dry-cleaning, picking kids back up, eating dinner, going over homework with kids, yelling at kids, cleaning up after kids, drying tears of kids, cracking jokes with kids, THEN I change, go to the gym come back see the hubby, shower and change again. :smile: