Husband forgot a double anniversary!?!?!?

Options

Replies

• mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Deleted....
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't stress about it. People's minds work differently. it's not an indication of love or not love. Some people remember dates and numbers and places and what not well some remember better in generalities and have a real problem with dates and numbers and names.

people are different and it's not fair to get mad at someone for having a different memory type than you have. :)
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I just want to know what the heck a "double anniversary" is.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I just want to know what the heck a "double anniversary" is.

The anniversary of both his arrest and his marriage.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Unless convicted he is not a criminal, just alleged.
    Technically and legally, no. But she kind of alludes in her previous post that he did do whatever it is he's accused of. So even if he's not convicted, he's still a criminal. Just a lucky one.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    You both sound like quality peeps. Wanna be pals?
  • SEC_RULES
    SEC_RULES Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    If it wasn't for smartphones with a calendar on it I would be in a world of hurt!!!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Oh mercy. I bet you love the drama though. This whole marriage sounds like a train wreck.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I really think it's a "guy thing" not to offend any guys on here though!

Nope. My wife can remember the date, but she can't remember the year - and thus, can't remember how long we've been married. BTW - it was 1998, so 15-1/2 years.

OP: It could be worse. He could forget he's married. :laugh:

LOL this is me. Trying to remember the year ugh.. impossible. the date I can remember sometimes for some things.. if I really really really wrack my brain.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options

But asides from technicalities, this.

Wrong, you're a criminal if you commit a crime, whether you're caught or not.

I admit that would be frustrating if he got the date mixed up, but honestly it's not a big deal. I'm not going to get into him cheating on you and being a criminal (certainly not anything I'd be willing to put up with, but I guess you didn't ask about that). But I could forgive getting the date wrong no problem, especially since he didn't forget your anniversary, just got hte date wrong.
  • nostress123
    Options
    WIKIPEDIA: "n Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory, [2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]"

So I guess I may be an accidental troll....?

I'm not trying to get anything special from posting this, just seeing if I am overreacting by being upset....

The back story was to emphasize how it shouldn't be that difficult to remember when something that significant happened just a year ago...on the same day! He has apologized and admitted his mistake about the date and at least remembers the month and year!

Oh and I made my choice a year ago to stay with my husband, people make mistakes and we are all fallible, and ALL worthy of forgiveness.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options

Technically and legally, no. But she kind od alludes in her previous post that he did do whatever it is he's accused of. So even if he's not convicted, he's still a criminal. Just a lucky one.

And there are a lot of lucky ones. ;)

I skimmed most of the posts so I may have missed the one where she said that.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I really think it's a "guy thing" not to offend any guys on here though!

Nope. My wife can remember the date, but she can't remember the year - and thus, can't remember how long we've been married. BTW - it was 1998, so 15-1/2 years.

OP: It could be worse. He could forget he's married. :laugh:

LOL this is me. Trying to remember the year ugh.. impossible. the date I can remember sometimes for some things.. if I really really really wrack my brain.

Sounds like he did forget he was married... or at least chose to ignore the fact.
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    WIKIPEDIA: "n Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory, [2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]"

So I guess I may be an accidental troll....?

I'm not trying to get anything special from posting this, just seeing if I am overreacting by being upset....

The back story was to emphasize how it shouldn't be that difficult to remember when something that significant happened just a year ago...on the same day! He has apologized and admitted his mistake about the date and at least remembers the month and year!

Oh and I made my choice a year ago to stay with my husband, people make mistakes and we are all fallible, and ALL worthy of forgiveness.

I think you have your answer right here, OP. Forgive him, enjoy your evening on "the wrong day", and move on.
  • WontShareChocolate
    Options
    My husband planned an anniversary outing, but forgot when our anniversary was and planned it on the wrong day... why does this bother me so much... because a year ago on our anniversary he was apprehended and questioned by investigators, regarding something I am not at liberty to talk about, and i remember how sad it made me because I had big plans for our day (luxury car, massage, spa, private room in a nice restaurant, night out in a nice hotel, etc... all cancelled). Therefore I asked him to plan this year, because of the fiasco of last year, I just wasn't feeling up for it. And so he planned, and even with that more recent reminder, he still forgot what day our anniversary is! Knowing how much it means to kind of make the day special again and happy, especially following last year's disaster.

I asked him when did we get married and he rattled off the date, the wrong one, with such confidence... I asked when did the investigators take you away, and he does the same thing...

He still thinks he has it right.

Now I will enjoy what he has planned and not give him an earful for this, I love him and the thought counts a ton. I'm simply trying to understand how he could've forgotten...

One time I bought an engraved leather wallet for my fiancée, and I actually marked the wrong date down on the silver inside the leather wallet...it's not a big deal lol seriously just laugh and point it out after the big anniversary date he might just be a tad forgetful as I am. My hunny pointed it out and laughed about it, it made me feel retarded but the fact that he laughed and kissed and hugged me and simply said "it almost means more to me like this, it's so you I couldn't possibly let you change it :)." Really just made my heart melt.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    On topic of the original post: Both my SO and I forgot out anniversary. I can't even remember how many years we've been together. We celebrated a month late. We don't care about dates that much I guess. It's more about just being together as often as we can and enjoying our time together.
  • Oldtimer_65
    Options
    JUST.

BREAK.

UP.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think if I were taken in for questioning, it would be a day I would be trying to forget!
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Mine has trouble remembering both my birthday and our anniversary. I remind about a week in advance by saying, "So for my birthday next Tuesday, I thought we could...". Whatever. That gives him a heads up and let's him know what I would like. Double win!
  • favoritenut
    favoritenut Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    so what happens when the wife forgets the anniversary or his birthday...

I know I have done that at least 3 times in the 20 years I have been married...on each...I remember like the day before, get the card and guess what, a few months later I find the card in my purse or car...

Not that my husband gets me presents or anything, but he has always said happy birthday to me or happy anniversary. and me...I forget...

so it happens, even women tend to forget important dates....