Looking for a whey, soy and gluten free protein shake...

Options
That tastes good!!!! Any suggestions?

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Why are you avoiding all those things?
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Webber Nautrals vegan protein powder.

No, it's not great-tasting, but it's not horrible. I have it in my shake every day. You can find it at Costco (it's a store brand product).
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I use Prairie Naturals rice protein - french vanilla flavour. They also make a hemp one.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Milk?
  • Gemmz2014
    Options

Soy, because of history of breast cancer (per my Dr). Whey because I had tests that came back stating I was intolerant to it and same with gluten. Sucks! :grumble: I don't avoid them completely but I try.
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Options

This has whey in it...Way nasty!! HAHAHA LMAO See what I just did there?
  • HikerRR50
    HikerRR50 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Cricket based ? Hemp based ?
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I put raw egg whites in mine.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Spirulina.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I cant have any of these things and have either used PB2 or rice protein. You can also get pea protein and hemp protein.
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options

Soy, because of history of breast cancer (per my Dr). Whey because I had tests that came back stating I was intolerant to it and same with gluten. Sucks! :grumble: I don't avoid them completely but I try.

There is a test for gluten intolerance and whey? Are you sure? There isn't an allergy test for gluten.
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Are you lactose intolerant? If not, why can't you make a shake with milk or greek yogurt?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

That stinks. How about casein? You could always go with egg protein. It's pretty expensive but it's super high quality.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    not pulsin pea protein
    that stuff is horrid!
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb egg white protein powder - tis gyoud.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    check out sun worrier, i know a few people have that one who are vegan
  • Gemmz2014
    Options
    Are you lactose intolerant? If not, why can't you make a shake with milk or greek yogurt?

I am lactose intolerant. I take lactaid which helps but I would prefer not to have to take it every day.
  • heel_striker
    heel_striker Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I avoid diary, gluten and soy for the same reasons as you. I use Progreesive Harmonized Vegan Protein Powder-I use the vanilla flavour (1 scoop), then the progressive greens (1 scoop), 1.5 cups of water, .75 cups of frozen berries, then blend the crap out of it. I found with vegan protein powder you need more water than you usually would with whey.
  • Gemmz2014
    Options

There is a test for gluten intolerance and whey? Are you sure? There isn't an allergy test for gluten.

Not to be gross (but I'm going to have to be) ...it was a stool sample that was given that showed I was intolerant.