Warning: This is a rant

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    interesting thread..OP comes on and says that BF is an ahole, etc etc….ohtheer posters agree, and OP then goes off on rant on said posters for agreeing with her that said BF is an ahole….sorry I am late to the party ..

OP - you are dating a broscientist get used to it or dump the douche...
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    interesting thread..OP comes on and says that BF is an ahole, etc etc….ohtheer posters agree, and OP then goes off on rant on said posters for agreeing with her that said BF is an ahole….sorry I am late to the party ..

OP - you are dating a broscientist get used to it or dump the douche...

I am sure he loves kittens and the Lion King.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Apology accepted.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
    This.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Re spot loss. Its difficult to prove that spot reduction doesn't work - its like saying prove green fairies don't live at the bottom of your garden :-) Clever science type people guess that you can't based on the way they understand the way the body works though.

Spot reduction absolutely does happen. It's just doesn't usually happen to the spots you are trying to reduce.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    he's an idiot
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Ummm...so although I enjoy the snarky comments, in this case they aren't helpful in solving your problem. My husband doesn't want me to lift, and I have lifted for LOONNNGGGG before I met him. We do not workout together unless we are cross training, and he actually comes to me for advice on weightlifting. For a long time I was stronger than he (and then we got pregnant, and ironically I drop muscle as fast as I put it on).

Soooo anyway, totally see where you are coming from OP. I also suggest starting with Strong lifts if you have a gym membership. Start with light weights and perfect your form. There is a forum here on MFP for SL and the ladies are uber helpful.

Still fighting the urge to be snarky...but I think I hear your boyfriend calling, he wants you to make his sandwich...:wink:
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to pull up your panties and figure things out for yourself instead of relying on others? Just an idea.
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I hope he's cute....
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a charming young man.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    you should probably ask some other random buff dude at the gym. I think your BF may be more inclined to help you then.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

Atta girl.
  • JaniePapageorgio
    JaniePapageorgio Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a girlfriend.

Happy lifting!

Thiiiiiiiiis. Only if he were actually a woman he might know what it's like for you trying to get toned.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a girlfriend.

...that doesn't know anything about lifting.

So he goes to the gym once a month, thinks you can do some crunches and get a flat stomach, and sounds like a total douche bag, and you still want to take advice on proper form from him??? :huh:
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    You're not dating Nutellabrah, are you? :huh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    did OP rage quit yet?
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    did OP rage quit yet?

It is called passion quitting, not rage quitting. C'mon now, there is a difference! Passion quitting is when you rant about someone you're dating, everyone tells you to break up with said person, and then you come back screaming about how much you love said person.
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    So you're broke and you're a whiny little ... And your bf puts up with you anyway. Because you're curvy and look hot?

Ok just so I have the background straight.

Google / Youtube some videos on weightlifting is the best advice he could have given you. Why don't you?

He's right in that you might get bulkier in certain places if you were to lift. He's also right in that your boobs may shrink.

Ya he's wrong about the crunches but don't blame him for recommending the one exercise 99% of the people in the gym do every time they go.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    You're not dating Nutellabrah, are you? :huh:

I lol'd
  • rickyll
    rickyll Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    maybe he's scared cuz you'll be kicking his *kitten* soon. Sounds to be like he's intimidated by strength in a woman.
    Relationships work when both people are on the same page. Get him on yours!