One year of logging....who knew I am THAT girl?

Options
Hi all! This is actually my first post, but I've been lurking and so inspired by all of you, I felt like I should share.

Where to start? Well, I was always a thin child and teenager... I was active and energetic. Never once did I think I would end up over weight (despite most women in my family being over weight if not obese, I apparently thought, I'm the exception). The end of high school marked the end of my thinness.

I became much less active, but continued to eat and drink whatever I felt like, and the lbs came on, fast. By the time I got married and had my oldest son I weighed in at around 190 (I'm 5'4).

When my son was about 3, I decided that I was sick of being fat at 24 years old. I dieted.... Oh yeah I DIETED! I lost 65 lbs! My amazing lifestyle changes? Well, my young misinformed self decided VLCD was the way to go. I ate 800 calories a day, exercised 2 hours a day, and took the miracle drug Ephedra (yeah, that's supposed to be read with total sarcasm). I kept the weight off for about 18 months.... Then it came back... Fast and with a vengeance!

Fast forward the next 7 years, one divorce, a new husband, and two more children (accompanied by two c-sections) l was heavier than ever. I was topping the scales at 200 lbs, and miserable.

I didn't have a defining moment. I didn't have an epiphany. I honestly woke up one morning and said, "I'm done", and that was it. I logged into mfp and started (slowly) working out and off I went.

One year later I have gone from 198 (on a good day), to 131 lbs (I'm 5'4).

I have logged every bite of food I put in my mouth, even when it isn't pretty...

I didn't eat under my BMR.

I continued exercising and started Running! I was always the girl who said, if I was running, you should too.... Because something was definitely chasing me lol. I just signed up for my first half marathon.

I lift... I lift heavy... I love it :)

I used to be, "THAT girll" who didn't care about herself, now I'm "THAT girl" who cares enough about herself to never take herself for granted again!

Stats:
33 years old
5'4
SW: 198
CW: 131
UGW:120 (maybe...more about body comp)
SBF: 43%
CBF: 22.5%
Total inches lost : 60

I went from a size 18 to a size 4!

56a45a08-816d-45fc-af06-3219f9ecc517.jpg

Replies

• sunriseinchaos
    sunriseinchaos Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to get the pic working :(
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

• Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    That's great, well done!
  • tabbyxxcat
    tabbyxxcat Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, you lost so much though!!!!! Very straightforward post, especially the part about "just waking up" and deciding it has to end!!!! Totally relate on that one!!!!

Congratulations, darling :flowerforyou:
  • sunriseinchaos
    Options
    Finally fixed the picture! Thanks guys... It's been a long year, but good one :) it's amazing when it all "clicks".
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • manny1991
    manny1991 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Great Job! You look fantastic!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on learning from your experience and doing things in a more healthy, sustainable way.

Good luck in your half marathon!
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Congrats and thank you for sharing your story just what I needed for some inspiration.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Amazing work. You look wonderful
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a transformation! Congrats!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    such an amazing job! lifting heavy rocks!
  • leahloves2run
    leahloves2run Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm inspired and I am gonna start lifting because I hear nothing but good about it! Thank you for sharing!
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Way to go, girl!!! You have done a great job :flowerforyou:
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Job very well done.
  • bittyers
    bittyers Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You my dear, are a HUGE inspiration! I relate to the 'just woke up' day. I didn't have an epiphany either & I've started out slowly. I've seen some results on the scale so I can't wait to see where the rest of my journey takes me. I'm hoping it takes me as far as it has taken you!!!

Congratulations!! :flowerforyou:
  • amberbabb26
    amberbabb26 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You look great! Wow fantastic job
  • puruhutika
    puruhutika Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Love your toned arms. Great job.
  • Nurse_Christy
    Nurse_Christy Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Great job! Do you still run? I'm running 3 days a week and lifting 3 days, and I'm wondering if that's my best plan. Thanks!
  • sunriseinchaos
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Christy- I'm currently training for a half marathon, so I run 3-4 days a week and lift 3 days (upper body, lower body, then compounds)... To be honest, sometimes I feel like I stretch myself a bit thin (I run and lift on the same days due to the babysitting schedule at the gym... Plus I cross train 2 days a week at home with Jillian micheals and Zumba). Make sure you're listening to your body.... Take rest days, and never train the same body part two days in a row. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!