mmmmm grilled cheese :)

Options

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Somehow I don't see that fitting into anyone's calorie goal or macros...... or stomach. gross!
    Yeah. This is like posting a picture of a bottle of vodka on a recovering alcoholic's forum. :ohwell:
    nuh uh:angry:

one COULD share:flowerforyou:

That's an idea I could get behind.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I would eat all of the ones without meat... except for the avocado/jalapeno one. I'm just too much of a slob and I would paint my face green with it.

This would be my top pick: Grilled Cheese with Spicy Havarti, Cilantro Pesto & Roasted Tomatoes
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    The only way that sandwich could be better is if you made two of them, and used them as the top and bottom of another one.

You kinda described the actual picture.... just eat as is?

That's not very supportive. :angry:

:flowerforyou:
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Some of the most delightful grilled cheese concoctions I've seen on a menu were during some of my visits to Old Word Milwaukee at their cheese mart and tap room.

ubercheesebar-logo.png

mmmmmm
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    This one sounds a bit strange but I am curious...also I have never tried sriracha

Grilled Cheese & Apple Sandwich with Sriracha Butter

enhanced-buzz-19073-1391202407-34.jpg
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    Holy hell am I hungry.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I'd try just about anything once. I'm that way about about a lot of things. :wink:

But then I'd go back to bread-cheese-butter, which has always been my fave.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly just a traditional grilled cheese person. Normally I'd be up for trying the jalapeno grilled cheese, but I'm off spicy for awhile.

I did see one on one of those restaurants shows where they did a sourdough bread with a brie and raspberry jam similar to one or two of those in your list. I tried it at home and I approve.

Edit - oh and the apple one. Again minus the spicy butter for now.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Here, we have a whole restaurant dedicated to grilled cheese.

http://meltbarandgrilled.com/

I got The Big Popper...was orgasmic.

They're one of my customers! I work for a food distribution company and they get most of their products from us.

I'm not big on adding fruits or veggies (with the exception of onions) to my grilled cheese, but I'm all in for any meats being part of a grilled cheese. And I love the spicier cheeses :)
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    And I'm now drooling uncontrollably!

:love:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I'm typically a bread butter and cheese (sometimes ham) type of girl... the one thing my grilled cheese must not have though is American cheese... if I am going to eat grilled cheese, I want the cheese to stretch.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Best part of Cleveland is Melt Bar & Grilled... all grilled cheese sandwiches.

When I'm at home I prefer a sourdough, colby jack, bacon and roma tomato grilled cheese.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    we have a nice soup place downtown at which you can customize your g.c.s. with various types of bread and cheese and pair with a handcrafted soup (pretty cosmopolitan eats, for this town). i like havarti on rye.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Uh oh. The last time we had a grilled cheese thread, friendships were ended, battles were had..
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    Uh oh. The last time we had a grilled cheese thread, friendships were ended, battles were had..
    Bring it on
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options

I believe it started with the word "paninni"...
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    I'm going to eat grilled cheese tonight.........yummm
    well, whatcha going to put on it?
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    no
    just no.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    The only way that sandwich could be better is if you made two of them, and used them as the top and bottom of another one.

You kinda described the actual picture.... just eat as is?

That's not very supportive. :angry:

:flowerforyou:

I can't support Mother Superior - he's way too big! :happy: