How I lost 360lbs in 15 months - with photos

Options

Replies

• suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful success you are!!! Congratulations on everything and Jackie!
  • Memorableheart
    Memorableheart Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!!!!!! :) You look great (crying). You give us all hope. Thank you sharing your story.
  • brian3245
    brian3245 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I got a few requests to mention what my inspirations were through all of my changes. When I started off running in place 5 minutes per day, I was watching the movie, 127 Hours. If you guys aren't familiar with it, it's a true story about a canyoneer in Utah who gets his are trapped between a boulder and a canyon wall. He is trapped there for, you guessed it, 127 hours. He tries chipping away at the rock with his knife (bad idea) and gets nowhere. He eventually has to make the decision to live, and decides to cut off his arm. He had to do it with a dull knife due to the days of picking at the rock. This is an incredibly inspiring story to me as it shows just what someone will endure to survive. I watched the amputation scene every day for a few months. I watched that scene through the ending where he finds help and escapes to freedom and the rest of his life. It is an incredibly uplifting story and if you guys haven't seen it, I highly recommend it!
  • activefatgirl
    activefatgirl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Brian, thank you for sharing your story. I cried, I agreed, and I realized that it's now or never for my future. Your success story and pictures should be in the media… Everyone needs to hear how you changed your life with out surgery, with out diet pills. You have inspired me to continue on.

Koodo's out to Jackie!!! This part really struck a cord, she is right "She told me that I was wasting my life and that I should be ashamed that I was throwing it away when there are so many people out there who are fighting to stay alive"

Keep going strong!

Dianna
  • lcgonzo33
    Options
    This is excellent! Great job! You prove that anything is possible with hard work!! :)
  • healthyplans
    healthyplans Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    This is amazing Brian! You rock in my book!!!
  • first01
    Options
    You are an extraordinary individual..... amazing!
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    What an awesome success story! I hope you are as proud of yourself as I am of you just from reading this! Way to go!!!!
  • ochibi91
    ochibi91 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! You're such an inspiration. God bless you :')
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Wow what a story you go do school you will be an incredible motivator and how special is Jackie lovely story very emotional congrats and well done
  • mumfy23
    mumfy23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story - just the pick me up I needed? Congratulations on all your hard work and success and I hope you continue to be happy.
  • llabruce4
    llabruce4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Amazing story, you are an unbelievably strong person
  • bazanime
    bazanime Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations dude. You have been liberated, enjoy it.
  • nickowastaken
    nickowastaken Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Incredible story, you have worked hard. Well done.

Also, I instantly recognised Hampton Court Palace in your last picture :)
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    you are amazing. congratulations :)
  • christiedavis923
    Options
    Thank your for posting this Brian! It's exactly what I needed to see to get back on the treadmill tonight. Congratulations and welcome to your new life!
  • ouddy29
    ouddy29 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What a great job you have done!
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I know there are a gazillion comments here, and you probably won't see this, But I had to post.
    As an RN for the past 30 years I've seen many MANY patients that were in your position at the start of this. Getting the movitation to change at the point where you were is not easy at all. I see all the people who don't, and come in to the hospital time after time with heart disease, cellulitis, inability to walk, etc. You should be so proud of yourself and your accomplishments , and yes, I do believe you should go into nutrition and/or psychology for extremely obese people.

I also want to say, I think it's also incredible you met a life long friend and inspiration on Draw Something!!!! Coolest thing ever!!
  • sifiso
    sifiso Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm at a loss of words (rare for me lol ). Just well done - I am Soo proud and happy for you ! God bless Jackie
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Wow. I have few words for this. But you are amazing. You already know that. Just Wow. What an inspiration you are. So, so happy for you.