Eating 4100 calories a day

Options

Replies

• cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    It's seriously not that hard.

I do IF and during maintenance I average 3500-3700 cals per day eating for around 8 hrs per day.

I do some eating competitions from time to time though so maybe I'm a special snowflake :tongue:

I'd suggest eating plenty of meat and veg and then ensuring you get plenty of healthy fats from peanut butter and maybe not so healthy fats from ice cream.

BTW protein intake can be less during bulking than cutting. I saw mention of 350g somewhere. That is way beyond what most people require (unless on dat dere celltech and higher BW)
    Even on creatine, 350g of protein is hella excessive.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    As a fattie, I used to consume 6,500 to 9,500 calories in four meals throughout the day. Now, just getting 3,000 takes work.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Oh jeez, poor you. :yawn:

lol just kidding

I don't mind cutting as much as I do bulking, I have to eat 1800 and it's not easy, especially if trying to stay within my macros. I can't imagine eating that high, even though I've wanted to have steak, salmon and egg for breakfast before. I bet you could :tongue:
  • JovanValor
    JovanValor Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Mass gainer shake. i have mine for breakfast at 1,800cal , the rest of the day is easy when taking in consideration 1,000 cal worth of : pre,post and before bed shakes. of course solid meals clocking in at 2,000cal. consistency is crucial after that its just repetition :)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Don't seem to have your problem, I have been maintaining at 4200 calories a day and have no issues hitting that mark. I get a good start to my day at breakfast though with Eggs, bacon, scratch made waffles, a banana, chocolate milk, and a Big travel coffee (1600 calories). The rest of the day is easy and there is normally still room for a bowl of ice cream before bed. But at one point I use to putting away over 10,000 calories a day back when I weighed 560 lbs. so this is a drop in the bucket... lol :drinker:
  • TEMMEAlexa
    TEMMEAlexa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Eating 4100 calories a day. Oh My Gosh!! that is way too much,and how are you maintaining your physical activity? I would be gaining weight every time I touched food.But why are you doing this. You know you are overeating and it is not good for you.I am still not able to get it into my head as to why should you be doing this.How about your other health parameters like your blood pressure,cholesterol and also your blood sugar levels.Well, take care.
  • W31RD0
    W31RD0 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

What does creatine have to do with whether protein intake is excessive? In fact, the more protein you are taking in the less you would need to supplement creatine (assuming most of your protein intake is from meats).

Is 350g excessive? Possibly, but since many seem to recommend 1-2g of protein per lean lb of bodyweight it's possible somone could be 200lb (175lb lean) and trying to do a cut, which would require higher protein amounts. In that situation the protein intake wouldn't be too excessive, as so long as you are drinking plenty of water to protect your liver.
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options

What does creatine have to do with whether protein intake is excessive? In fact, the more protein you are taking in the less you would need to supplement creatine (assuming most of your protein intake is from meats).

Is 350g excessive? Possibly, but since many seem to recommend 1-2g of protein per lean lb of bodyweight it's possible somone could be 200lb (175lb lean) and trying to do a cut, which would require higher protein amounts. In that situation the protein intake wouldn't be too excessive, as so long as you are drinking plenty of water to protect your liver.
    I was talking about beta alanine, cell tech, creatine etc.

pls
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mqkjpuoINd1rubyugo1_400.gif

Too funny!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I could eat at least 2000 calories from Ice Cream Especially deer tracks. Only if I had to.
  • Tresiel
    Tresiel Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    4300 here to maintain on training days

3600 on non training days

183 lbs

not fun at all :(
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,950 Member
    Options

And doing it one day isn't that tough...it's doing it every day for a period of time. I've actually gotten tired of eating.

Exactly. It's always funny when people on here who are regularly consuming 1200-2200 Calories a day make remarks about "oh that must be nice" or "thats easy, just eat 9 shakes!". They simply have no idea. Eating 4500 Calories in one day is easy. But the next day, you are bloated and full and your digestive system is stalled. 60 days later, and it's beyond annoying to eat that much.

And when that 4500 Calories consists of 350g protein...it's not so easy as it sounds.

May I suggest doing shorter bulk/cut cycles?
  • 43mmmgoody21
    43mmmgoody21 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Is like death- I am so full!

day-in day-out eating that much food is challenging. Ice cream should be your friend
  • 43mmmgoody21
    Options
    I wish I was the one who should eat that

it is easy to eat like that for a week but to eat like that (day-in day-out) is more difficult that it seems.
  • 43mmmgoody21
    Options
    good thing you logged that 3 calorie piece of gum
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    good thing you logged that 3 calorie piece of gum

I am tagging this. It has just motivated me. I am so tired of cutting. I have been on a roller coaster this year because I cannot get my focus back to finish off these last 50lbs. So I have been up and down, hanging around the 220 mark. My goal weight before I start a bulk to increase my muscle mass is 180lbs. This gives me hope! Especially after CyberEd's post. Like me he is in his 40's and if he can eat at those levels then I know I can as well.
  • naviman
    naviman Posts: 3
    Options
    You guys are kidding right? Its so easy, typical food off the top of my head:

Breakfast: 3-4 eggs fried in butter or omlette with cheese for more calories and sauteed veggies, 10 slices of bacon or 3 sausages: 1000+++ cals

Lunch: double or triple burger at any joint with cheese, fries, and a juice instead of a soda (you can drink a soda alone for 1,500 cals if you really think you need more cals) and you are at 1,500++ cals for this meal

Dinner: Half a bag of raviolis plus sauce and heavy cheese and thats 1,200-2,400 cals
    One single protien shake with greek yogurt for 400 cals and you got all 4,100 cals (or more) plus pretty much all the protein you need, and you only had 3 meals! Start eating like that and just staying at 4100 is a problem if you add any snacks.

I don't get how 4,100 can be hard unless you are eating "clean", I'd love to eat like this continually (I did for a while, thats how I got fat). So many options for variety, replace any meal with half a pizza, or 24oz steak with baked potatos and butter or a whole chicken with salad and blue cheese dressing and avacado, or barbecued pork with lots of sauce or breaded pork loins with cheese topping, heck go to Applebees or similar restaurant and get over 2-3,000 cals in one meal!, Olive garden's never ending pasta bowl goes over 3k cal easy, any buffet...etc etc etc...now I'm hungry :|

You've got to be kidding me! If I had that breakfast I wouldn't be able to eat ANYTHING for the rest of the day.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, there's no decent evidence above 1g/lb lean mass is useful unless you're on 'juice'..

I never have a problem being bloated etc.

A couple of weekends ago I went to a BBQ weekend with a load of my biker friends which is always a 'blow out for me'.
    7000 calories a day for three days seems reasonable and matches the 3lb extra or so I've got two weeks later. I had to stop myself carrying on eating that much.

It wasn't not being able to eat that brought me to this site in the first place ;) - as it goes I am very good at eating!

Today, I've had 2000 calories of chocolate truffle tart. Still around about in my calorie and protein goal (this will actually be a slight deficit for me.)
  • jarudman
    Options
    I'm eating over 4000 a day and only gain around 250 grams a week XD