Help with a healthy pizza?

Options

Replies

• SwampWitch666
    SwampWitch666 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Don't eat pizza. Done.

Wow, thanks. That's totally the point of this thread. Right on.
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    So easy, so tasty.

20140208_131813_resized.jpg

Clearly I was ripped off on my 'Very Veggie' salad mix this week, though.
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    meatza..low carb pizza where you make the crust with meat :)

heres a link to the one I always make: http://justinowings.com/meatza-meatza/

You had me at meat crust.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I use either flat bread or portobello mushroom caps and tablespoon of spaghetti sauce, oregano, turkey sausage and cheese, all for little over 300 calories.
  • mjsmamma
    mjsmamma Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I was craving pizza so I used a large wheat tortilla (you could use a low carb one too), topped it with sundried tomatoes I rehydrated and then put through food processor, spread on. Then I loaded it with veggies (you mentioned chicken and spinach and that would be yummy), and like another poster, to cut down on calories and fat, I used two ounces of skim mozzerella and 2T parm. Right before I put it in the toaster oven I sprinkled dried oregano on top. The entire pizza was 460 calories! I am still gaining courage to try the caulifower crust :-)
  • ILoveBreakfast671
    ILoveBreakfast671 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I fit whole little ceasers pizzas into my macros once in a while. Though it takes 2/3 of my daily intake.
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    meatza..low carb pizza where you make the crust with meat :)

heres a link to the one I always make: http://justinowings.com/meatza-meatza/

Love meatza, its probably the best version of pizza but its not very low calorie. I have eaten both and I think cauliflower crust is a close second as far as healthy alternatives go (but still few carbs and lower calorie). I love the taste, the cauliflower is not really noticeable- its just kind of cheesy. The only trouble with it is you really have to wring it in a towel to get it to stay together.
  • dbm037
    dbm037 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I take a wheat tortilla and place it in the oven for several minutes until almost crunchy, then I take it out and spread a thin coat of basil paste on, add fresh mozzarella and thin tomato slice, salt and pepper, then place it back in oven for another 3-5 mins until cheese is melted. It is crunchy and yummy!
  • Mojoman02
    Mojoman02 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    We make pizza almost every Friday. It's sooo good!

Crust.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/quick-and-easy-pizza-crust/

That makes two pizzas. We measure 1/2 cup sauce and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese for each one. We like to use turkey pepperoni on it.Half a pizza is 469 calories of yummmmmm.

This looks like a great crust recipe! So it says one serving is 189 calories. Is that the whole crust?
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    My husband and I always make our own pizzas- generally because I have a dairy allergy and people tend to screw things up hah! But over the years we have become super creative...

-Breakfast pizza: cook dough first till almost done and then add your favorite scrambled egg combinations
    Egg white/egg combo
    chopped peppers and onions or spinach and red onion
    any meat if any
    salt/pepper/ketchup/whatever you like hah

-Turkey sausage and broccoli rabb

-Ellie Krieger's Ham, Egg, and Spinach pizza is phenomenal: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/egg-ham-and-spinach-pizza-recipe.html

-Mixed salad pizza: cook dough, add dressed salad on top
    Endive, radicchio, arugula
    little olive oil and lemon
    maybe grilled chicken or shrimp
    fresh herbs
    sliver of fresh parm for my husband
    salt and pepper

I have a ton more haha if you want more!
  • wjrapp
    wjrapp Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I use Joseph's Lavash flat bread...lightly spread olive oil and a variety of toppings and spices depending on what I feel like, spinach, mushrooms, olives, chicken, etc. I use just sprinkles of grated parmesan cheese and pizza cheeses...probably less than 1/4 cup per half slice. My husband wants this almost every night of the week now. He likes turkey pepperoni and onions and hot peppers. My daughter likes alfredo sauce, chicken and bacon bits.

The flat bread is nice and thin and makes a great crispy crust...only 100 calories per flat bread. I cut it in half and make two..

It's awesome!

Here's a couple links for a recipes...

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/09/lavash-flatbread-pizzas.html

https://www.josephsbakery.com/recipe/dont-cry-for-me-argentina-lavash-pizza/
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    use a pita or english muffins
  • Ylupe
    Ylupe Posts: 3
    Options
    :smile:
    Here's the recipe I found for a no dough pizza. I am on a low carb diet, so it may not work for you if you're doing something different. Just something to consider. If it won't work for you, then just ignore it, or store it away for the future???

NO DOUGH PIZZA!!!!!!! This one is a WINNER!!!!
    Gluten Free, Low Carb, Diabetic Friendly!!!!!!
    For when you absolutely want pizza but not all the carbs!!!!!!!

Crust
    1 (8 oz) package of full fat cream cheese, room temperature
    2 eggs
    1/4 tsp ground black pepper
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Topping
    1/2 cup pizza sauce
    1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
    toppings - pepperoni, ham, sausage, mushrooms, peppers
    Garlic powder

Preheat oven to 350.

Lightly spay a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. With a handheld mixer, mix cream cheese, eggs, pepper, garlic powder and parmesan cheese until combined. Spread into baking dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes, our until golden brown. Allow crust to cool for 10 minutes.

Spread pizza sauce on crust. Top with cheese and toppings. Sprinkle pizza with garlic powder. Bake 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
  • Ylupe
    Options
    I've tried it with Califlower crust and it's great, my 12 yr old daughter liked it to!
  • Ylupe
    Options
    I'm going to try this!
  • 15Nov2013
    15Nov2013 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    why don't you just make a normal whole wheat pizza with normal cheese and toppings and eat in moderation ...??
    i make pizza every now and then and enjoy it ... normal food ... but i don't eat as much ... and if i did i just move more or something
  • nmslater77
    nmslater77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use the 90 calorie Flat Out breads for the crust and add a little pesto, veggies, grilled chicken and part skim mozzarella cheese.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I just make/order regular pizza with all the toppings I'm in the mood to eat, and then have a lighter breakfast/lunch. I'd rather have a couple slices of really good, cheesy, melty authentic pizza than an entire pizza made of cauliflower. I've tried three different cauliflower crusts at the insistence of a friend that 'it tastes the SAME!'. It does not taste the same, and it does not taste good! :laugh:
  • leholcomb
    leholcomb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    bump