How long will it you take you to reach your goal weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• gcbma
    gcbma Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm giving myself two years. I started June '13, and since have lost almost 65#. Almost halfway to my goal.
  • linkirving
    linkirving Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am shooting for early September. 2 lbs a week, taking in to account that I will lose a lot more than that in my first week. Timeline goals are a nice way to motivate yourself. But it's most important to me to make sure I am doing it in a sustainable and healthy way. I wouldn't mind if it took all the way until the end of the year if I know I'm doing it in a way that will make sure it never, ever comes back.
  • TattooTwinset
    Options
    End of December.
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I set out with a three year plan to reach my goal weight. I'm slightly ahead of schedule but my progress has slowed considerably. Since I had so much to lose I set goals along the way with rewards that will hopefully help me reach the next goal. It's difficult at times but I try to enjoy the journey instead of focusing on the end.
  • MissLCWolff
    MissLCWolff Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I really don't know! I've never taken weight loss all that seriously before, so I have no idea how quickly I tend to lose weight over the long term. I'm hoping to get under 200 pounds within 3 months, and out of the obese BMI category entirely within 6. Of course, that's being optimistic and assuming I don't hit a long plateau or suddenly start only losing .1 lb a week.
  • maisywho
    maisywho Posts: 1
    Options
    I was 89kg when I started and now Im 79kg which means that I lost 10kg in 2 months. If I dont hit a plateau I should be at my goal weight by September (if Im lucky).

I used to be obese but now Im in the over weight range. My friends and family think that if I do reach my goal weight that I would be underweight or at an unhealthy BMI but I highly doubt I could ever be underweight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!