If money wasn't an issue, which countries would you visit?

Options
124»

Replies

• JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    All of them.
    Not even kidding.

Ditto.... :drinker:
  • llbennett74
    llbennett74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I would travel to Ireland, France, Italy and Greece.
  • lydwak
    lydwak Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Easter Island, fo' definite. I'm determined to go anyway but saving the couple of thousands on flights alone would be nice >:-)
    Also New Zealand, California (again - went this summer but can't get enough!), also the East Coast of USA, Canada, Iceland, Japan, Italy... even Ireland, despite it being pretty much on my doorstep!

Edit: Almost forgot the Polynesian Islands. All of 'em.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I'd start in New Zealand and start slowly moving west. I've only ever been through the Aukland airport on my way to Brisbane, and I want to explore the country. It would take me about a month or so to get a decent feel of things. After that, Australia for 1-2 months minimum. The Great Barrier Reef is too beautiful to rush through a trip. Then north into Indonesia. I've been to Bali, but I want to go to Lombok and Java and Jakarta. Then to Thailand. I've been to Phuket, but didn't stay long enough, and I want to explore Bangkok.

After that, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong. I've spent years in Japan, so I would probably just do Okinawa and Hokkaido. Then Seoul, then Beijing, Shanghai, then over to Taiwan and Taipei, then down to Tibet. I'd want to explore Timbuktu in Nepal. Then a few of the Central Asian countries and a trip up to St. Petersburg.

After that, back down to Istanbul, then Montenegro, then a few of the Eastern European countries. I want to see Prague in particular.

Then Crete and Cyprus. I'd hire a yacht and sail through the Mediterranean and explore Greece, then Alexandria, then take a jaunt down to Cairo and the Valley of the Kings, then back on the yacht and explore the Italian coast, then to Cannes and continue that until I get to Gibraltar. I'd then go to Portugal for a couple days.

Id then say goodbye to the yacht and backpack for a month or so through Spain. When I make it to Barcelona, I will luxe it up and change gears. I'd buy a BMW motorcycle and travel from Northern Spain through France and explore the many wine regions.

I'd time it so that I'm in Munich in late September for the beginning of Oktoberfest.

By this time, winter is probably starting, and I'd switch gears again and hit Switzerland and Austria. I'd ski until my legs were made of granite.

Then into Italy to explore Northern Italy. When I made it back down to Rome, I'd fly to Northern Africa and explore Morocco and if I'm allowed in, parts of Tunisia. It would probably be approaching autumn in the Southern Hemisphere, so I would fly down to South Aftrica, start in Cape Town and work my way up into the Serengeti.

You get the idea.
  • Trishsimon
    Options
    i'm not trying to be mean, but if the animals aren't treated badly, why does it matter whether they are simply killed but killed and eaten? Unless you also care for animals like cows, pigs and chickens beside dogs, horses and cats, i think what you're saying it kinda weird to me.
    But i'll respect you if you think horses and dogs etc are worth more because they have served us, if that;s how you want to put it.

I just find that if you eat one certain type of animal, it's kinda unfair to feel eating a different kind of animal is inhumane.

It depends on where you come from I don't view cats, dogs, horses as meat and if you saw how those countries treated the animals before being killed you would see where I am coming from, I do care for all forms of animals I don't eat Pork mainly because of the taste but also because again Pigs are treated shockingly bad here in Ireland and all over the world plus the meat you get in them is usually rubbish manufactured and bad for you.
    The only meat I do eat is chicken and yes I do understand where you are coming from and I didn't say any animals is worth more then another I am involved heavily in animal rescue so value all animals but what I am saying is I dont want to visit any country that thinks its okay to treat animals so badly ( I won't go into details as I would make you sick ) and then just to eat them..
    No Thanks !

Okay, got it!
    I didn't know it was like that in Germany though, i live next to Germany....

I don't think Germany is one of the countries, where people eat a lot of horses, dogs and cats. I am German, never ate that. They mainly eat pork, beef, and chicken and Germany should follow the guidelines of the EU, when it comes to animal welfare.

Germany does eat horse meat and Ireland is one of the biggest exporters of equine meat to Europe and god only knows what you are getting as many of the horses here are in a terrible state but this really isnt the thread for it so I wont go on.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I was fortunate enough to visit them even though money was something was an issue, but if it wasn't, I would move in the exact geographical center of Poland, Germany, and Austria (so probably somewhere in the Czech Republic) so that I could divide my time evenly between those three.
  • cecileett
    Options
    Italy
    Austria
    England
    Russia
    Brazil
    Uruguay
    Colombia
    India
    South Africa
    Namibia
    United States
    France
    Poland
    Israel
    Morocco
    Turkey
    Greece
    Croatia

<3 oh damn now I want to travel
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I don't think Germany is one of the countries, where people eat a lot of horses, dogs and cats. I am German, never ate that. They mainly eat pork, beef, and chicken and Germany should follow the guidelines of the EU, when it comes to animal welfare.

I was in Munich around 2004 or 2005 with some coworkers and remember having dinner in an outdoor food marketplace where one of the shops sold "Pferd" (horsemeat). My American coworker who had lived in Germany and knew that I had remembered enough of my college German to understand the sign jokingly suggested I might want to sample the food from that shop. No, thanks! I understood that horses raised for human consumption have to be raised following strict laws about health and medications, but I still couldn't get past the "ick" factor.
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    All of them (excluding the ones where no one will look for you if you go missing).
  • siggasvana
    siggasvana Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If money wasn´t an issue I would visit all of them. But being from Iceland can complicate things since it's expensive getting off the island :p
  • bl1nk6
    bl1nk6 Posts: 175
    Options
    im from N.ireland, lived in england most of my life, ive been to wales scotland france germany austria spain lanzorote italy....aaaah venice would love to go back there too,
    i would visit...

Canada
    Australia
    USA
    Hawaii
    la florida route 66!.....

(I'd visit every state in all 3)

Africa
    Mexico
    Jamaica

the list goes on id just keep moving ;)
  • vfett1018
    vfett1018 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    How about I just name the places I plan on going and would really like to :)

Thailand
    Greece
    Germany (back to)
    Italy
    Australia
  • Modern_Warrior
    Options
    I was in 17 countries last year. The ones I enjoyed most were Guam, Crete, and Germany. Places I'd like to see are New Zealand, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia (again), and Thailand. Romania and Korea are already on the list for this year, and I have airline tickets purchased for both trips already.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    all of them.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm very lucky to have visited lots of fabulous places already. The upside to being from the UK (and Eurpoe) is that so much is so close. Something I didn't really appreciate until we moved to Australia!!

Doing Singapore for our honeymoon in 3 months on the way back to Aus.
    Hopefully Rome after my friends wedding next year! (I've done other areas of Italy and it's still one of my favourite countries in the world)

Other places still on my list are
    Rome
    Costa Rica
    Sri Lanka
    New Zealand

Right now all our funds & time of seem to be spend flying home to see friends & family, always nice but lots more of the world to see!