Cardio.

Options
I have decided to do 1-2 session of moderate cardio a week in addition to my lifting routine because healthy heart and all that jazz.
Mostly, i just do it to eat more while cutting a bit of weight, because food.

Anyways, my gym has treadmills, spin bikes, steppers, elliptical bikes, rowing machines, AMT machines and regular stationary bikes.

Which one would be best for making my thighs bulky? Thank you.

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    If you're in a calorie deficit, no exercise will make your muscles bulky.
    If you want to build muscle, that's going to come from strength training.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    ATM machine - is gives you cash for the pizza that they sell in the lobby. That will make your legs bulky.

:drinker:
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    ATM machine - is gives you cash for the pizza that they sell in the lobby. That will make your legs bulky.

Can you work that with no card? Will my gym pass card work?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I've heard the stepper machine is great. I know a guy who knows a woman who swears by it.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I hear running will make your legs bulky, but it will also ruin your knees, so its a toss-up
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Options
    I've heard the stepper machine is great. I know a guy who knows a woman who swears by it.

That and some womanly lunges and you're set.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options

That and some womanly lunges and you're set.
    Fuuuu! You beat me to it! :angry:
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    I hear running will make your legs bulky, but it will also ruin your knees, so its a toss-up

Nah, the elliptical hurts my knees worse than running.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

It'll also make your uterus fall out, so BOOM! Weightloss :flowerforyou:
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Options

Huh, people always say that the elliptical is supposed to be easy on your knees.

Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention i have crappy knees. And the meat was for my cat. Keep that in mind.
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options

I believe that's a myth. If anything my knees seem to be better than they were before I started running. But check back in 20 years. Who knows?
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

I use whatever machine is directly behind the hawt girl on the stepper machine
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options

Detached Box Syndrome is a serious medical matter and I will not have you make fun of it. Dr. Oz did a whole segment on DBS last week. Buncha bullies here.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Detached Box Syndrome is a serious medical matter and I will not have you make fun of it. Dr. Oz did a whole segment on DBS last week. Buncha bullies here.

Well if it was on Dr. Oz it must be serious. Why I saw that Yacon syrup on there and Dr O was all "these chicks use it and lose weight eating exactly the same!" So I bought some and pour it on all my food. It tastes awful and gives me the poops but the weight is just coming off.

Thank you Dr. Oz
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Options

I could probably find a cute guy doing some cardio.
    If he tries to leave before I finish my workout, would it be appropriate to yell "Hey sweetcheeks, i'm not done yet!" and make him do 20 more minutes?
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

I could probably find a cute guy doing some cardio.
    If he tries to leave before I finish my workout, would it be appropriate to yell "Hey sweetcheeks, i'm not done yet!" and make him do 20 more minutes?

TOTALLY appropriate. You might even want to give him a little smack on dat azz when he's done. You know. For encouragement.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Huh, people always say that the elliptical is supposed to be easy on your knees.

Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention i have crappy knees. And the meat was for my cat. Keep that in mind.

cat_error_zpse85d0ce8.gif

Also, go do your cardio and stop stalling. :angry:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

Can you work that with no card? Will my gym pass card work?

dunno - worth a shot
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Options

cat_error_zpse85d0ce8.gif

Also, go do your cardio and stop stalling. :angry:

sad_okay.gif
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Not sure if srs, but anyway:

Yes, there is a rare thing called uterine prolapse (RARE), which I am sure is not funny when it happens. However, the idea that women will have this happen due to running, as was commonly purported for many many years, is indeed laughable and very much worthy of being made fun of.

http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness/bodywork/fitness-coach/The-Myth-of-the-Falling-Uterus.html