Anyone trying to lose 100+ lbs?

Options
I've started 20 days ago and have already lost 10 pounds. Was not expecting that at all! Anyways... some days it gets kind of lonely doing it alone and wish I could share my excitement. Even if you're only trying to lose a few, I need some friends on here lol I get on MFP app every day... sometimes too much I think lol Feel free to add me!

Replies

• 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Lalarachella that is an excellent start! I have 60+ pounds to lose, and I would like your support too! Am sending a friend request. We can do this!
  • lalarachella
    Options
    Awesome! We got this in the bag ;)
  • Cadisonm
    Options
    I'm trying to loose 150+lbs, You've had a great start already :) I lost 6lbs in a little under 3 weeks.
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Great job! I need to lose at least 100 pounds, myself. I keep self sabotaging, though, and when I get close to being under 300 again, I freak out and panic and think "I can't do this" and wind up back up to my highest weight again. I'll add you!!
  • rob043055
    Options
    Hi, I have 120 lbs to lose. Keep it up! Rob
  • lalarachella
    Options
    It feels great to get over that little start hump because then you gain perspective on how easy it really is to lose weight.
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Well done!
    I have a target of 104. Currently down 30+ after 5 weeks. I'll send you a friend request.
  • solipoliwog
    Options
    My goal is to lose 100lbs from my heaviest weight when I started my journey. Even though I have family/fiance/friends... definitely feels lonely. Whether we are getting healthy or not, not everyone wants to hear about what work out I did today or how many calories my dinner is. Hard to stay motivated. Even though it's ultimately up to you, it's hard. Especially with BIG goals.
  • claireszydelko
    Options
    I need to lose 100+ its daunting but if i don't do it now i never will! i need to do this so i am. :)
  • lalarachella
    Options
    My goal is to lose 100lbs from my heaviest weight when I started my journey. Even though I have family/fiance/friends... definitely feels lonely. Whether we are getting healthy or not, not everyone wants to hear about what work out I did today or how many calories my dinner is. Hard to stay motivated. Even though it's ultimately up to you, it's hard. Especially with BIG goals.

Yes it can be hard to find the motivation some days. We can all do it though. I have my sister who only has a few pounds to lose and even though she works out, she gets frustrated at the fact I'm counting calories. She knows I eat healthy 80% of the time but doesn't understand why I'm restricting my calories lol
  • lalarachella
    Options
    I need to lose 100+ its daunting but if i don't do it now i never will! i need to do this so i am. :)

You've already lost 37 pounds! How does it feel?
  • OhSayNow
    OhSayNow Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first 10 lbs! I am about halfway to my goal of losing 100 lbs. The hardest part for me has been patience...realizing the process takes time and that it is going to take longer than I would like to get to my goal. While patience has been a bit of struggle for me, overall, I am still surprised at how easy it has been once I got in the routine of tracking my calories. I am still amazed that I have lost almost 50 lbs! If I can do it, anyone can! Feel free to add me.
  • taekwondo_bitch
    taekwondo_bitch Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys are all doing awesome. I've no idea how to weigh myself as my scale is broken (not because I'm overweight, it fell out of the cupboard and smashed. But yeah, I'm only trying to lose about 20 lbs. Great work everyone!
  • cwtchme
    cwtchme Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. On 5th January I had 98lbs to lose. As from February 3rd I had lost 14lbs. I was amazed that I had lost so much in such a short space of time. I make sure I log EVERYTHING and that I drink plenty of water. I've started going to my local sports centre to use their hydro gym... gym equipment but in the pool. I was referred by my doctor to the centre so I can use the equipment at reduced rates for 16 weeks. So I don't get overwhelmed by the amount of weight I have to lose, I break it down into mini targets. My first mini target was to lose 10lbs by 3rd of February. i achieved that within 2 weeks. so I set myself a new target of losing 14lb by 3rd February. I achieved that target too. My current mini target is to reach 21lbs by 3rd March. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that one!

Feel free to add me, the journey to your target weight is easier with support!
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Great job with your weight loss. Please add me as a friend, I will lend my support and encouragement. :flowerforyou:
  • mel5580
    mel5580 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have 100+ to lose..but this is a great place and there is so much support that I know I can do it..so can you!!! :)
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Me! Started five weeks ago and I'm down 15 lbs. Started at 240 and would like to get to 140. Would LOVE to get to 130 but I'll take 140. I'm 5'5". It's a slow and steady process and I'm highly motivated!!
  • Supadoopafly
    Supadoopafly Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Yup. Me, 168 pounds of those bad boys will be gone by next year.

Daunting? Yes!!

Doable? Hell YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stick to my calorie allowance and lift weight like it's going out of fashion.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    My current goal is to lose HALF of me, or 130'ish pounds. I will reevaluate as I get closer, probably won't go quite that low, but it was a number in the healthy range that was a "pipe dream" when I started. I started in the middle of August and am down 71 pounds, so far. Let's get it done!
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Me, congratulations on your first 10, that must feel amazing! anyone in this post - your all welcome to add me x