Dessert/Sweet Tooth Snack Ideas

Options
HealthyMakeover
HealthyMakeover Posts: 142 Member
I need more dessert ideas. I need to get rid of a sweet tooth!

My current favorites are: mixing peanut butter and Greek yogurt and freezing it (I like the ice cream texture), oh and also mixing banana puree and peanut butter is delicious too.

Frozen fruits. I could eat frozen grapes during a movie like people eat popcorn.

Hmmm, oh, and anything out of a wrapper. I'm pretty much obsessed with the Fiber One brownies and bars. They taste good, and I don't have to cook.

But yeah, any other ideas? I'd like to change things up a bit.

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    If you have a sweet tooth, I think I might have just the thing for you:

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Dole (frozen) Dippers. I do the strawberry/dark chocolate, but they have dipped bananas -with and without nuts. (I'm deathly allergic to bananas.) Sometimes I'll take a package of the strawberry/dark chocolate ones and blend them up with a portion of part-skim ricotta and a splash of vanilla extract. YUM! The ricotta makes a good high-protein (read: SATISFYING) snack! YUM!
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Dates are also a nice sweet treat. One date is about 28-30 calories and a great source of potassium, too.
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I need more dessert ideas. I need to get rid of a sweet tooth!

I don't have a dessert suggestion, but I can tell you how I dropped my (really bad) sweet tooth ... I went cold turkey and dropped all sugar, made sure I ate only whole grains (e.g., brown rice or whole wheat bread, rather than white rice or bagels), plus lots of fresh fruits and vegs, and brushed my teeth after each meal. I can now sit and watch my son tuck into chocolate cake or chocolate cookies, and not care one bit. Good luck!
  • erind2017
    erind2017 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Last night I was really craving something sweet, so I cut a banana into slices, put a tiny bit of peanut butter on top, dipped them in chocolate and froze them. I don't know if it's the best option but it's better than cookies, cake and other things!
  • taekwondo_bitch
    taekwondo_bitch Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Everyone will hate me for this but I'm a fan of this: Fat free or 2% milk, with the Cottee's diet chocolate sauce and some instant coffee blended together to make an iced mocha. It's only 130 calories compared to the usual 500+ of an iced mocha that you could get from a cafe or Starbucks, and you can use it for meal replacement. 100% awesome. Mix in some Stevia if it's too bitter. Serve with ice.
  • cheryl4813
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has a banana cranberry bread that is to die for. I've been eating that for the last couple of weeks.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I got this idea from someone else on MFP. Cut a slit down the length of a banana. Put 30 mini chocolate chips in the slit. Microwave for 10-15 seconds. Almost tastes like warm chocolate chip cookies!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of ricotta, 1/3 cup of milk, half a serving of instant pudding of your choice, stir and enjoy.
  • fificrazy
    Options
    KOZY SHACK RICE PUDDING. Most underrated pudding in the world. Not a fan of homemade rice pudding, but store-bought is pretty great I must say. I'll put it in the freezer and enjoy it just before it starts to harden- so I get you on the texture thing! Don't generally have it for dessert after dinner, but more as a snack.

For dessert, however, if I don't have ice cream/gelato or a piece of cake, I'll generally have:

Soaked chocolate animal crackers, graham crackers, etc in milk so it's kind of like batter or pudding. O__o

Any of the previous listed crackers dipped in frosting, Nutella, or peanut butter or marshmallow fluff, Cool Whip... the list is endless.

Raspberries in a bowl topped with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.

These chocolate chip pumpkin bars (dense, moist; makes a small piece very satisfying.) http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2013/10/healthy-pumpkin-chocolate-chip-oat-bars-vegan-gluten-free/

Cookie dough hummus (all over Google, probably don't need to tell you)

Banana "ice cream"

A ball or two of frozen cookie dough (always keep a bag in the freezer- but what's in the cookies is therefore up to you)
  • dclark566
    dclark566 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and peanut butter....hmmmm would have never thought of that mix...have to try that one frozen.. Thanks
  • kmjames2001
    Options
    Every morning, my drink of choice to take my meds with, is 12-16 ounces of Almond milk (unsweetened) with a dash of artificial vanilla flavoring added to the glass plus 4-5 splenda packets. On occasion I add a tablespoon or less of instant coffee to make a "Starbucks" drink. It reminds me of a MacDonald's milkshake (just runny) I love it!!! Granted the amount of sweetner I add to the glass is excessive BUT, I'm a sugar addict and it's hard to get it sweet enough for me any other way. I'm in the process of weanning myself off.
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    One of my new favorites is about 4 cups of the pre-made sugar free jello with about 1/4c of light whipped cream/cool whip. Low cal (about 120?), low carb and delicious!
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    -Chocolate protein powder mixed with unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    -cocoa roasted almonds
    -85% dark chocolate squares
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    1 cup/8oz FF greek yogurt with SF, .25package/8g FF cheesecake pudding mix. 175 cal of pure delicious cheesecake flavored mousse for 175cals and 23g of protein. You could cut cals by having less because this is quite a bit.

Edy's slow churned ice cream 110-130 cals for half a cup. Caramel delight is my fave.

No sugar added real fruit bars or no sugar added fudgesicles for 30-50 cals.

Cake mix made with a can of pineapple or can of pumpkin instead of eggs/oil/water. My fave is carrot cake with grated carrot and pumpkin.

Hard candy or sugar free gum.

Fruit/berries with or without milk/cream/whipped topping

A little bit of whatever it is you actually want!
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are an awesome protein bar. 20 g of protein, no added sugar, low carbs... double chocolate chunk, cookie dough, or cookies and cream will definitely satisfy a sweet tooth. Taste great
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I got this idea from someone else on MFP. Cut a slit down the length of a banana. Put 30 mini chocolate chips in the slit. Microwave for 10-15 seconds. Almost tastes like warm chocolate chip cookies!

sounds delish
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I like banana pancakes. They totally taste like pancakes - better than! No need for syrup or any toppings.

You need two eggs for one banana, I used four eggs and two bananas and it made around 10 or so.
    Blend the eggs and banana(s) together until you have a pancake batter consistency.
    Get a frying pan and put in any oil that you like
    Put the heat on low to medium as they cook very fast

I would advise to make smaller ones as they are easier to flip over with a spatula, but they are still very fragile. You can add other ingredients into the pancakes such as peanut butter or almond butter .
  • mz_tashae_007
    mz_tashae_007 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You should try vanilla yogurt with semi- sweet chocolate chips mixed in. :love: :love:
  • StacieLynne2012
    StacieLynne2012 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Dole (frozen) Dippers. I do the strawberry/dark chocolate, but they have dipped bananas -with and without nuts. (I'm deathly allergic to bananas.) Sometimes I'll take a package of the strawberry/dark chocolate ones and blend them up with a portion of part-skim ricotta and a splash of vanilla extract. YUM! The ricotta makes a good high-protein (read: SATISFYING) snack! YUM!

I have to try this!! although I have cottage cheese not ricotta but I never thought to do this.