Replies

• shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    You gotta go sweet and hot:

Peel, cube, and boil or steam 1 sweet potato.
    When fork tender, put drained cubes in bowl with a small bit of butter
    Open a can of chipotle chili packed in adobo, fish out 1 chili, mince, and add along with a teaspoon of the liquid in the can.
    Mix well with a touch of salt and pepper.

Devour.

I agree on the chili with the sweet. My family likes them with a blob of Plain Greek yogurt or sour cream (whatever we have) and then sprinkled with chili powder. I'm going to try the chipotles with them. We love those!
  • Melysa1988
    Melysa1988 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Daphne Oz

Red Lentil and Sweet Potato Stew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONlIp8gGxVw
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    bumping I need ideas
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I made these sweet potato muffins last week. They were really good! My kids loved them (they thought they were carrot because of the colour). I added in a banana too and cut back a bit on the oil. I also think you could use a bit less chocolate chips. There were lots!

http://www.food.com/recipe/pumpkin-or-sweet-potato-chocolate-chip-muffins-420769

Also made these last week. They were really good, and we loved the cinnamon. I did the tip from the reviews of coating with cornstarch before cooking. Our company really loved them . . . the kids didn't like them so much.

http://www.food.com/recipe/sweet-potato-fries-43469
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • josimone1980
    Options
    Love sweet potato could eat it every day.. we had it last night made like nacho style while watching a film (all low fat ingredients) just replace the nachos with sweet potato was very yummy
  • badbradley
    badbradley Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    A delicious side is a saute of sweet potato, golden hominy, spinach & hearts of palm with a little lime zest.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    In for ideas
  • ammossrn
    Options
    check out www.skinnytaste.com and search for sweet potatoes!!!!
    You won't be sorry! :)
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Bumping for delicious sweet potato ideas
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Mashed sweet potatoes, prepped just like baking/white potatoes with salt, pepper, and either cream or milk is always a good choice. I usually add a little brown sugar to it as well.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    My family loves this recipe. We probably eat it at least once a week.

ganked and tagged tyvm
  • tyler1892
    tyler1892 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato cakes, my girlfriend saw this on come dine with me and they were awesome, didn't have the sauce though.

INGREDIENTS
    1kg sweet potato, cut into chunks
    2 tsp soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce
    100g plain four
    1 tsp salt
    ½ tsp caster sugar
    3 tbsp chopped spring or red onion
    ½ tsp very finely chopped red chilli
    Plenty of butter or light olive oil, for frying

For the dipping sauce

50g Greek yoghurt
    50g soured cream
    2 tbsp virgin olive oil
    1 tbsp lemon juice
    1 tbsp chopped coriander or mint
    Method

Cook the sweet potatoes until tender in a little water with a tightly fitting lid. Drain for at least an hour to dry.

Once dry, mix together the remaining ingredients except the butter or oil for frying. Mix into the potato by hand, but don’t overmix. Shape into 5cm round cakes, about 1cm thick.

Heat the butter or oil in a frying pan and fry the cakes for 5-6 minutes until golden and brown. Allow to drain on kitchen paper once cooked.

Combine the ingredients for the dip and serve with the hot cakes.

Or keep it simple and roast them like a jacket potato
  • ryoungfamily
    ryoungfamily Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to one of my favorites. Reheats great for lunch at the office.

http://pinchofyum.com/healthy-mexican-sweet-potato-skins
  • snappled
    Options
    Saute boiled sweet potato cubes with cinnamon . Remove from the pan. Deglaze the pan with orange juice (as little as necessary). Pour the pan sauce over the sweet potatos. Yum yum!

i have no idea what this mean

give me steps to complete
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Saute boiled sweet potato cubes with cinnamon . Remove from the pan. Deglaze the pan with orange juice (as little as necessary). Pour the pan sauce over the sweet potatos. Yum yum!

i have no idea what this mean

give me steps to complete

Here is a facebook page that has picture recipes. If you look at the albums, you can see that there are lots of recipes and in the pictures lots of good healthy ideas:

https://www.facebook.com/TheSassyGourmet
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Google for "Skinny Taste No Bean Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili" and "Peanut Stew". Both really delicious thick soups / stews that use sweet potatoes (although I consider the Skinny Taste Chili to be w-a-a-a-y underseasoned...about a 4x increase in the seasonings helps a lot!).
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Sweet Potato Hash!!!!

1 cup small diced sweet potato
    1/2 cup diced red and green bell pepper
    1 tablespoon diced white onion
    1 tablespoon garlic powder
    1 tablespoon cumin
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    1 tsp garlic olive oil

Put all ingredient in skillet, cook on low/medium heat for 30 or more minutes. I cook them until they are crisp on the outside of the sweet potato. Be patient with the cooking time, it really makes a difference!!!

Serve with a cooked egg on top or mix in a scramble or into an omelet.
    I also use the same recipe above and put in Mission white corn tortillas for tacos (add your favorite taco toppings!). Sometimes I put them in the same tortillas and top with salsa verde and bake at 350 degrees until soft for amazing enchiladas! (I do not add any cheese, but you can if you want)

Recently I have stuffed bell peppers with the same basic recipe. Also good over some black beans.

I cut up the sweet potato, bell peppers and onions ahead of time and store in containers. They will last a full week if stored properly.

You can really play around with the seasonings in this recipe. This is how I prepare it and it's a big hit!

I'm going to make a note of this and try it! Thanks!