Re-focused and Doing it!

Options
New group looking for members!

This is a group that's done it, been trying to do it, either trying it again or just trying to keep going. We want to be motivation for each other to keep going.

We'll keep this same thread going, no new thread each week. Let me know if you want to post our weights or just progress. We can decide together. and we'll also need a check in day.

A little about me....
Almost 5 years ago I had breast cancer and I gained all the 50 pounds I lost prior to my diagnosis and then some. I've struggled with my weight my entire adulthood. I lost 92 pounds total over a year and a half. After my half marathon and much less exercise, I've gained back about 8-10 over the summer. I am not feeling discouraged but I do realize that eating right is only half the battle. I think I'd like to be at the 90 pound point overall and stick there. I am still in the size jeans I was in prior to having my kids who are now 18 and 14. I am definitley a soccer mom (with baseball, track, football, etc etc but not actually soccer) and I struggle with finding the time to prepare the right foods and fit time in to exercise.

Over the past week...I did the 30 day shred 4 days out of 5. It's a start. We've been eating dinner at home since 8/29

My goals this week:
Exercise 6 days....more specifically, shred at least 4, run 2
WATER-6 glasses a day
Continue with at home no main meal dinners out. (My original goal was to make it to Sept 15 with no dinners out)

Join me!!!

Replies

• chuzhee
    Options
    I'm in....:grumble:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I'm in....:grumble:

No grumbles allowed only positive support....:wink::laugh:
    Just kidding-welcome!!!
    Tell me about you!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    You know I'm in Please help motivate me :drinker:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    You know I'm in Please help motivate me :drinker:
    I hope'd that you'd see this!!!!!!:heart:

Give us a little of your story so we all know where we've come from and where we want to be!
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I am in!!! Yes I think we need to post our weigh ins etc. :happy:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Chrissy I am in , I am on maintaince but still a struggle everyday.. I am running my second half marathon on Sept 25 in loving memonry of my dad who passed away on Jan 14 2010.. He would be 55 this day (sept 25)!!!

Hi, my name is Tamara Fortune. I am 31 years old and a wife and mother of two fabulous children. Justin who is 12 years old, Jade who will be 6 in a few days. I work as a waitress in a busy restaurant called cracker barrel which I am sure many of you have heard of.
    I have always been the big friend the one that made all the jokes about being fat to hide behind m y weight the one who would have big get together and cook for everyone, because that’s what made people laugh and I thought if they are laughing they are liking it. I didn’t like to go anywhere by myself because I knew people were starring saying wow she is big. I always always took my children with me as I knew they were cute and everyone could look at them instead of looking at me.
    On Aug 17, 2008 I weighed in at my all time high of 278 pounds. I had worked a busy Sunday morning at Cracker Barrel from 8-12 getting off early to celebrate my daughters 4th birthday party. I needed to run by the store real quick to buy her a few present and then headed home to change my clothes. By the time we got to her party I was exhausted, I sat down on the bench and not to move again. My fabulous husband had to do the whole party by himself, opening presents, cutting cake, chasing after about 10 children in a busy children play area. I felt so bad for him but my feet hurt so bad I couldn’t move. I remember leaving that afternoon riding in the car with my kids and Jason (Husband) and thinking to myself I am never going to be this fat again.
    I went to work the next day at a daycare that I was working part time at and told the ladies there, “Hey I am going on a diet!!!” They all laughed and said yeah right, as I had walked in the door every morning to work with sonic in hand. I went grocery shopping the next morning before work and bought my grocery to the daycare to keep them in the fridge so I wouldn’t have any excuses not to eat right.
    My children birthday parties were always horrible as I knew everyone was looking at me, or so I thought they were.
    My favorite part of going food shopping was all the candy bars at the checkout stand, I would buy three of four of them and have two of them eaten before I had even gotten to the car.
    I have always been a family girl. I live for my children and my husband. I told myself I need to get healthy for them if I want to be around to see them grow up.
    In May 2009 we found out that our son had a heart condition where he was not allowed to be overweight. How could I tell my baby he couldn’t have a cheeseburger, his momma was pushing 300 pounds. I was glad that day that back in Aug I had decided to do something about my weight, from what I had learn already in the short time I could teach him a thing or two. He has lost about 25 pounds due to eating differently.
    My biggest size ever was a 28 pants and a 3x shirt. My friend April Berry came up to me and said Tamara I have been searching website to help lose weight and I think you should check this one out. She stated how much she lad loved it and she thought I would to, as we are a lot alike. I told her April I just don’t have time for all this I am busy. She said just come here anyways and look, I did it was called myfitnesspal.com Its where you log all your food you eat for the day and it tells you how many calories you get based upon the information you put into the website prior to. I was like ok April, and I shrugged it off. Secretly I went home to take a look at it. When Aug 17 had come I was like ok, I have no choice, I have to do this, I have husband, children, something has got to give. I am ready to do this I tell myself and I logged on to the website and loaded all my information and it was there that changed my life.
    I hit goal weight of 150 pounds on July 22, 2009, two days after my 30th birthday. And even today I am weighing in right around 136-139 pounds. On Oct 3 2009 I ran my first half marathon in two hour 32 minutes, out of 2000 runners I placed 1134. This year I am already registered to walk a 5k on Sept 18, 2010 with a great group of friends I met at my local Y. I have even become friends with trainers and we all work out together and push each other. I work out 6 days a week and lift weights 5 days a week. Also, on Sept 25, 2010 I am running a half marathon in my dad honor as it falls directly on his birthday. Then on Oct 16, 2010 I will run another half marathon
    I have lost a total of 142 pounds. I have lost over half of me. In Jan 2010 I lost my father to a heart attack that was most likely brought on by his serve diabetes at the age of 54. I knew right then and there I had stopped this horrible monster dead in its track. I was not allowing it to get me or my children.
    There are many people I give credit to for my success. First and foremost, my husband who put up with me during the grumpy times, the times I was withdrawing from sugar overload. Second of all my children, who stuck with me and even ran with me or rode their bikes alongside me to encourage me. The family members who had to listen to I can’t eat that it has too many calories in it; I need my scale I got to weigh my food. The hundreds of friends who supported me and understood when I didn’t want to have a get together for the fear of over eating. Lastly, the black team from myfitnesspal who picked me up when I was down, who encouraged me to keep going, the ones I cried to who truly understood what I was going through, the ones that said Tamara it’s worth it.
    I am proud to say that as I sit here and tell my story my mom has since joined me on this journey. On Monday evening I have even started a walking group at 5 pm. My life couldn’t be more perfect.

This is the story I wrote for the joys fit club.. I weigh in on Fridays.. So I will give you my numbers then..Thanks a bunch!!!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'll be back on later today to tell everyone about me. I have a little typing left to finish before 1:00.
  • smadag1
    Options
    I am a 31 year old female that lost 15 pounds over a year but since I lost my job and became a truck driver I have not been able to workout and eat like I should and have put the weight back on. I am looking for snack ideas I can take in the truck with me and workout ideas that I can do on the road. I want to be a runner but don't have the time or energy after driving all day.

I am off the road for a month to take some classes and I am determined to get a workout in everyday and eat the best I can, I just hope while I am in the hotel for my classes that my roomate will be cool with me doing the shred everyday If nothing else I will be running daily
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Tamara, Alice, Tammy.....so glad to have you!!!

Tamara-a running buddy - you can definitely help me get back into a routine!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    BUMP - looking for more of us in a "Do-over or contine on, status!"
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Tamara, Alice, Tammy.....so glad to have you!!!

Tamara-a running buddy - you can definitely help me get back into a routine!

Chrissy yes I am running a total of 10 miles today after hitting the gym for cardio at 5 am this morning, for a total of 20 miles done with my legs, I feel simply amazing!!! I am here for each and everyone of you!!! Lets do this ladies!!!
  • smadag1
    Options
    Just finished day one of the shred I am hoping to get the whole 30 days done before I get back on the road. My arms and legs are shaking after doing it. Will go running tonight after it cools down a little
  • chrissyh
    Options
    What's your goals for this week ladies - or even your goals for today??
  • smadag1
    Options
    I am working on increasing my water and WILL do some kind of workout everyday. Who would like to join me in a water challange I have been slacking lately :drinker:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    in on the water challenge--it's one of my goals!

working on my 4th glass for the day.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. My name is Tammy. I started my first diet when I was about 13 and am still dieting lol. I have struggled with my weight as long as I can remember. I lose weight and exercise for a while and then I totally quit and go back to my old ways until I gain it all back and then I start again. I would love to get out of that cycle once and for all. I work from home as a medical transcriptionist. I have just joined a boot camp class at my church. Today was the first day and it was very challenging but a lot of fun. My goal is to log everything I eat and make it to my class 4 days a week. I also play softball on Monday and Wednesday nights so I get a little exercise there. I'm glad to be part of this group. Thanks to Chrissy for getting us started!

I'm in on the water challenge. That is always so hard for me.
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies.. My goal this week is to eat more since I burn so many in exercise.. Yesterday I burned 1680..So yeah I need to eat that was done with running 11 miles and doing 10 miles on the machine. I am doing cardio this morning and then lifting with personal trainer at 830 am.. I do get 100 oz of water in everyday..

My goal is to be 133-134 this Friday.. I will keep ya'll posted..

I am getting nervous about my hald marathong coming up in a week and a half.. I know I got it but still, just anxious!!

Well getta jet gotta make kiddos lunches before I head to the gym..

Have an awesome day everyone!!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Got only about 5 glasses of water in yesterday...it's a start but I'll get 6 today for sure!!!!! Did the 30 day shred this morning and walking with a friend for an hour this evening. I will eat 3 servings of fruit/veggies today....I will, I will, I will!
  • smadag1
    Options
    I got 2 bottles of water in yesterday (4 glasses) and level one of the shred. I didn't get a run in last night because I got a migraine. I will try to get one in today and I want to play with my Wii fit plus and might do the shred again today. I will get in atleast 6 glasses of water.:drinker:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    4 glasses of water so far today. I have had 2 servings of fruits/veggies so far. Going out for an hour or so walk.

What day do you all want as check in - WEDNESDAY????
    If so, tomorrow, let's all check back in with how we are doing towards our current goals and start weight.