But I don't want to eat another 800 calories.. :/

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Bulking is much harder than people think that haven't tried. But, you have to force it down if that what you want to do.
    This. When I started bulking I was like "YAY, ALL THE FOODS" , and several months later I was like, "ALL the foods?" It really boiled down to force-feeding sometimes. What a weird, weird thing bulking is.

This. I will be happy the day I can reduce my calories from 3000. I don't know how the men do it.

I eat 2500ish as a base and upwards with workouts most days- and it's a definitely a chore- last night I was over by 2-300- 3 beersies will do it. But yeah- that was exactly it ALL THE FOODS WOOT WOOT....

4 months in- all the foods :(

That and the issue with size- work clothes aren't fitting - shopping about sends me over the end. :/

Bulking is hard... first world problems- but hard none the less.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    I can easily down 200g of peanut butter (the all-natural, organic yada yada) kind in one sitting without it touching the sides - that's 1200kcal there easily.
    This might be counter-intuitive for you lifting aficionados - maybe a bit of cardio? Unlike some others, after a good run it's a struggle not to raid the fridge.
    I would argue against eating more chicken/lean protein which increases satiety. If you just want to get the calories in then you probably need to go down the simple carbs route (bread, pasta, white rice etc).

Just an FYI but those are all starches which are complex carbs not simple. Simple would be sugars, fruits, veggies, dairy.
  • I can easily down 200g of peanut butter (the all-natural, organic yada yada) kind in one sitting without it touching the sides - that's 1200kcal there easily.
    This might be counter-intuitive for you lifting aficionados - maybe a bit of cardio? Unlike some others, after a good run it's a struggle not to raid the fridge.
    I would argue against eating more chicken/lean protein which increases satiety. If you just want to get the calories in then you probably need to go down the simple carbs route (bread, pasta, white rice etc).

Just an FYI but those are all starches which are complex carbs not simple. Simple would be sugars, fruits, veggies, dairy.
    My apologies. You are right. I guess I think of them as 'easy to eat in huge quantities and easily digestible'
  • terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    So, after moaning and groaning about not wanting to eat last night, and eventually going to bed 300 calories short, I weighed myself this morning and was disappointed to see a 2.2lb loss. I reviewed my diary for the week and found that yesterday was the 4th day in 6 days that I was below my 3500 goal!

So, that was my wake up call.. Time to get back on the face-stuffing bandwagon and gain more weight. Great.. more food...
  • I started doing BodyBeast program this year and in the nutrition guide (I'm still focusing on fat loss vs. bulking at the moment) has lots of great ideas for people (more specifically men, I think). He had one shake going all the way up to 895 calories a serving. Tons of fruit, spinach, and a few scoops of protein. I'd stick more with the fruit/veggies/protein than some kind of nut butters. :)
  • Between meals having tablespoons of peanut butter or nuts can be great at getting in those calories. A yummy dessert helps too =)
  • Serenitynow29
    Serenitynow29 Posts: 119 Member
    Between meals having tablespoons of peanut butter or nuts can be great at getting in those calories. A yummy dessert helps too =)

^^^^^^ This. Also have you considered more bananas , avocados, and mangoes?
  • TheMetalMan0
    TheMetalMan0 Posts: 64 Member
    Drink them. You can easily make a shake with > 1000 calories.
    ProateinShake.jpg
    Add peanut butter/nuttella/olive oil to that and you're easily over 1000 :)
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Log this as your intermittent fasting day. :wink: Or just stockpile those calories for 8 shots of Whiskey, Rum or Vodka!

Who suddenly wants to achieve those 800 calories... Hmmm?!?!:drinker:

This!
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Just eat a few really unhealthy high calorie things.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,954 Member
    Eat your calories!!! don't you know there are starving children in Ethiopia???[/mother]
  • coral_b
    coral_b Posts: 264 Member
    Extra protein shakes? What about some meal replacement type milkshakes? they're around 250, and you could add a couple in instead of hot drinks in the day? I'm not gonna lie, I'm looking forward to the more food bit when I try to bulk a little, currently my weights are just to stop muscle being lost while on a deficit!
    Also I make trail mix for after the gym, nuts fruit and choc chips, 30g of that is about 125 cals, could easily double/ triple that to bulk cals.
    Or lets face it... Nutella and a spoon!
  • AusEliza
    AusEliza Posts: 60 Member
    Maybe a weight gaining supplement will help you close the gap.
  • JobyHux
    JobyHux Posts: 178 Member
    Just Shovel it down, it'll pay off. Got to eat BIG to get BIG! Ive met a few guys at the gym eating 12 meals/ 7500 calories a day
  • terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Joby - There's a guy in the gym that says/does the same thing.. and... he's fat. Yes, I know he's got massive muscles under all that fat, but he's still fat. I'll stick to my 3500 calories, 1-2lbs a week gains :) Just have to be consistent..
  • Canned coconut milk (thai kitchen organic is pretty good), cashews, almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds. Its the "type" of fuel you put into the car, not the amount.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Canned coconut milk (thai kitchen organic is pretty good), cashews, almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds. Its the "type" of fuel you put into the car, not the amount.

not when it comes to bulking it doesn't.
  • Hey, I was thinking about weight today. Yours happened to be the one post I read today. When I worry a lot, I am not able to maintain a healthy weight. This not just a theory, it corresponds to the fight of flight response triggered in your hypothalamus. If you are a worrier or tend to be "on edge a lot" This is your body in a state of "readiness" and you burn vast amounts of energy while in this mindset.....yes a mindset. We humans worry about things we have no control over. The most effective means of combating a troubled spirit. Prayer. We were made to be in constant communication with God. Whether conscious or unconscious. When you read this take a moment to bow your head and tell God what you are feeling, that's all. May you be a blessing to others today as Jesus walks with you. I am a skinny man too, I want to get back to a healthier weight, and this is where God has lead me, this is how He suggests I do this, by trusting in his constant love and care. And Eating Healthy :) God Bless.

Scott
  • pagmichigan
    pagmichigan Posts: 12 Member
    If your looking at bulking up....sugary foods are not what your looking for! Try eating protein foods and veggies before bed
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    i ate 3100 calories yesterday no propblem. lol i wish i had your problem hahah if there's room for more, I always welcome it haha