Am I too sensitive...

or do a lot of people on here have attitudes?

I ask a question and I get a lot of negative responses. Not always, there are many of you that are phenomenal in constructive criticism and I thank you for that.

And I'm not just speaking for myself. There are many newcomers on here that are in need of help and are steered away from this community because of the negative feedback.

Just my opinion and I would love to hear yours.

Replies

• beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    You may not be too sensitive but it doesn't hurt to have a thick skin on the forums.
  • I've been on forums (personal development ones) for years, so I do understand what you're saying. I guess there's no escaping it.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    I don't see any attitudes. *shrug* Then again it takes a lot to get to me. :ohwell:
  • bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    If your in the Off-Topic area, Butt Hurt Happens sometimes.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    I compare it to walking into a public building and announcing your views or asking questions. You have zero control over the input you get back, and you're likely to get a variety of people responding.

If I have something I want to talk about that I know I might be sensitive about, I ask my friend's list or the Eat, Train, Progress group. The ETP group answers things in a straightforward way without snark.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Okay, first of all.. This forum is full of a lot of sarcasm, so is the internet.
    It's not about thick skin, it's about blending in and following the joke to the next level :flowerforyou:
    But if you can't, don't worry. It's not for everyone.

If someone bothers you on here, ignore it and go onto the next person. Simple.

No one on here has anything to do with you or any say WHATSOEVER in your personal life, that's your power for you to hold onto yourself.

Just smile and go with it :flowerforyou:

Edit: Typo.
    Sorry, I'm on strong coffee.. My fingers are speeding bullets atm.
  • If your in the Off-Topic area, Butt Hurt Happens sometimes.

It's not that it hurts, it's just rude IMO.
  • Sinisterly
    If your in the Off-Topic area, Butt Hurt Happens sometimes.

It's not that it hurts, it's just rude IMO.
    Go back and read my post. :flowerforyou:
  • bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Okay, first of all.. This forum is full of a lot of sarcasm, so is the internet.
    It's not about thick skin, it's about blending in and following the joke to the next level :flowerforyou:

No one on here has anything to do with you or any say WHATSOEVER in your personal life, that's your power for you to hold onto yourself.

This response is way better than mine <3

Way better motivation than mine.. lol
  • Sinisterly

This response is way better than mine <3

Way better motivation than mine.. lol
    Yeah.. You go individually wrap cheetos, now lololol
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Personally I haven't seen a whole lot of negativity. Mostly people answer honestly, which may or may not be what you want to hear. Ask yourself if that is the case. If the answer is yes, then yes, you are being too sensitive.
  • Okay, first of all.. This forum is full of a lot of sarcasm, so is the internet.

I understand what you're saying and for the most part, I don't let it get to me. I'm 49 years old, I have been in so many debates ... not about dieting.

My point, why be rude??? I'm a very positive person, into Tony Robbins and all that crap. But you know, I do understand that some people are just unhappy or miserable, not sure what it is. They're at work too! :wink:
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    I didn't really see much "rudeness" aimed at you, so it's possible that you're too sensitive.
  • Sinisterly

I understand what you're saying and for the most part, I don't let it get to me. I'm 49 years old, I have been in so many debates ... not about dieting.

My point, why be rude??? I'm a very positive person, into Tony Robbins and all that crap. But you know, I do understand that some people are just unhappy or miserable, not sure what it is. They're at work too! :wink:
    Yeah, you WILL encounter a few grumpy douches, I'm not denying that. I've dealt with a few, myself. I just keep my cool, though. They have no say whatsoever in my personal life, so I just keep on trotting along. -trot trot trot-

For me, it's all about finding a way to make someone else have a giggle, no matter how small of a giggle it is.

Such as:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1197692-is-this-bikini-too-small-falling-out-everywhere

^I bet you that a lot of the posters, even though I sort of Loki'd them a bit, had a giggle :laugh:
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    I would strongly advise any "newcomers" stay off the forums until they know what's going on and how things work.

Sounds odd right?

I only say that because "some" people look at the forums as Entertainment and Fun Time. Which is fine for them but comes off very hurtful, mean and even rude to others.

It sounds odd because as a newcomer, the first thought might be to jump in and be part of the community, when in reality, sometimes a few good friends can get you on your way and THEN jump into the forums. Anything goes on these forums. Don't believe me? hang out and read for a while.

Start with a couple fiends and know your way around things. Then hop on the forums. Otherwise, discouragement could drive you off the site and for some that means giving up on their goals.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,780 Member
    If this has anything to do with your "Shakelogy" post, in which you asked ""Are they a waste of my money? If so, why?", and posters responded with honest answers to your question, then Yes, you are too sensitive.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member

For me, it's all about finding a way to make someone else have a giggle, no matter how small of a giggle it is.

Such as:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1197692-is-this-bikini-too-small-falling-out-everywhere

^I bet you that a lot of the posters, even though I sort of Loki'd them a bit, had a giggle :laugh:

I ignored the link on your wall... but, then you went and threw it out there again. So, I looked. Fool me twice, shame on me. :huh:
  • For me, it's all about finding a way to make someone else have a giggle, no matter how small of a giggle it is.

Such as:

:laugh: That was great!!!!!
  • If this has anything to do with your "Shakelogy" post, in which you asked ""Are they a waste of my money? If so, why?", and posters responded with honest answers to your question, then Yes, you are too sensitive.

No silly, I was accused of being a spammer :grumble:
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member

Yeah, you WILL encounter a few grumpy douches, I'm not denying that. I've dealt with a few, myself. I just keep my cool, though. They have no say whatsoever in my personal life, so I just keep on trotting along. -trot trot trot-

Such as:

And if Sinisterly's shenanigans are not for you, I encourage you to visit this thread and speak up about it

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1198037-sinisterly-should-be-banned