why people shy of sharing their dairy?

Options

Replies

• MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I always share my dairy, especially my milkshakes. Don't judge me. :laugh:

The real question about your milkshakes is whether or not they bring all the boys to the yard.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I always share my dairy, especially my milkshakes. Don't judge me. :laugh:

The real question about your milkshakes is whether or not they bring all the boys to the yard.
    You seen that girl? COURSE they do!
  • MsTT80
    MsTT80 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I share my diary with friends on here. I personally find it interesting and helpful to see what others are eating....gives me ideas, inspiration for different foods to try.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    It's not that I'm shy, it's just that exactly what I eat every day seems a bit weird for strangers on the internet to be reading about. If they're MFP friends, then we are in a journey together and it feels more like talking to a Weight Watchers group about your food if they're reading your diary. But if some random person on the street was like "tell me everything you ate this week" I'd back away slowly and then run.

^^^^ this.... I've always wondered why people get upset about people having private diaries... most people are quite capable of being accountable to themselves and all the food you eat is not something people normally share with strangers....
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I share my diary with friends on here. I personally find it interesting and helpful to see what others are eating....gives me ideas, inspiration for different foods to try.

I do as well; it helps me when my friends also keep me accountable for my actions. If I'm choosing the wrong things, I need to know that - I don't mind if my friends tell me, because I know that they're trying to give me pointers on what works and what doesn't.

I don't mind 2x4s on occasion. It may seem like a bad thing, but it actually makes me think about what I'm doing or not doing. Sometimes the advice we don't want to hear ends up being the most useful. It's like that for me, anyway.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Had a large Shamrock shake today, yum!
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I always share dairy.

As for my diary, I had it on password access for a long time because it was required for you to earn points on AchieveMint.
    It was private before that because I'm huge and people make a lot of assumptions because they think there's no way that a fat person should eat as much as I do on my high burn days, and no matter how much I write and explain about it, they like to belittle me for it... Or at least attempt to. So I let my friends, and only my friends, see it.

Now I don't give a ish.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Because my eating disorders are dormant but not dead, and I'd rather not wake them up by publishing what I eat.
  • serenity56
    serenity56 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    When I first started, mine was private. Whether it makes sense or not, I was afraid of other members looking at my food diary and judging me. Now I'm still a little nervous about other judging me ("how can she even complain she's not losing fast enough, clearly if she were eating better she would be...") but that's not really 'judging' I guess, so much as speaking the truth. Now that's just motivation for me to behave. ;)
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    I don't mind sharing my dairy...

4r51xl.jpg
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Fear of lactose intolerance?

My dairy, and diary, are always public. My profile however is none ya dam buisness!
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    I don't mind sharing my dairy...

4r51xl.jpg
    Lol, that's so cute <3.
    The look on her face.. Priceless!!!
  • imjolly
    imjolly Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I share my diary only with friends on MFP but I never did until I was asked to do so. I'm not sure what the benefit is and I don't really have time to look at other friends diary. I log in for me. It still amazes the calorie count on food and the only way to make sure I don't eat more than my 1200 calories is by logging in every day.

I personally don't care if you don't want to share your diary, to each his own.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Because, I am not someone who wonders why they are not losing weight... I know what I am eating may sometimes sabotage me and I don't really want it pointed out. lol I track for myself. And yes, sometimes I am embarrassed by what I eat. My weight loss is slow. It could be faster if I ate better, but I am fine with a slow loss for now.

THIS! I have bad eating days and good eating days. I know when its bad. I don't need people to tell me. And I found when my diary was open I was fudging numbers to make it look better to people who were constantly wandering through my diary and commenting on the food I was eating. It was actually doing more harm than good to have it open because I wasn't being honest with myself. So I closed it and now that I know I'm the only one who sees it I'm much more honest.
  • tedsmama
    tedsmama Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I don't want people to see how much wine I drink....... :drinker:
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I think some are afraid of people judging or stepping over the line.

My beer/wine/candy/chocolate/peanut butter consumption is always open for all to see.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Same reason I close the blinds on my windows at home. To keep nosy people from nosing around.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    I don't want people to see how much wine I drink....... :drinker:
    No, not wine... daIry.
    Moooooo and stuff.
  • iamaviking007
    iamaviking007 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I share my diary with the people I friend on MFP and I appreciate it when they share theirs with me. I don't look at the diary's to judge what anyone is eating at all but I do like to take a peak and possibly get some "ideas" on other things to eat! :) ........ Personally, I don't give a hoot what anyone thinks about what I eat and what they see in my diary. If they become snotty or have a problem with it then I'll just unfriend them, I mean who wants a friend like that!! right?..... not me, I can put myself down all on my own, I don't need any negative Nancy's as friends.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Share don't share it's all personal preference - personally making my diet public keeps me more accountable about my food