Replies

• CMoeDee
    CMoeDee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1720. Feel free to add me!
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I LOVE to eat, and that includes all of life's joys like pizza, fries, vodka cranberries, and bacon. I have my MFP set at 1500ish, but I eat back my exercise calories, generally putting me around 1700-1900 a day.

27 y/o woman, 5'4, down around 30 with another 20ish to lose depending on how it goes.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Would love to be friends! I have a pretty high calorie goal. I am like you, I am not a low cal person. I love food too much!! I have alot to lose and I know it's going to take a long time eating at my goal, but I refuse to give up everything I love to lose weight :wink:

Good luck with your journey!! :drinker:
  • tmarie514
    tmarie514 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So happy to see your post. I spent quite a bit of time last week trying to figure out a better calorie goal for myself than the miserable 1300 or so that MFP allotted me. Ultimately, I decided 1700...but actually eat as much as 2100 and plan to burn ~400 per day in exercise. I, too, lost weight successfully eating 1200 or less calories and telling everyone "i can't" eat anything, but that's not where i'm at right now. i want to eat, enjoy, and work my butt off at the gym getting fit and strong - not skinny. Best of luck to you! Feel free to add me as a friend for support.
  • Lpaduano17
    Lpaduano17 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My goal each day is around 1700 net calories. Most days when I work out it goes up closer to 1900-2000. Anyone can feel free to add me!! I'm 5'11" and 245. I've lost 10 lbs so far in the past 5 weeks eating this way with quite a few cheat meals mixed in.
  • nomad1000
    nomad1000 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My goal is around 1800 net. So if I exercise, I eat part of those calories back.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    My current goal is 1700-ish. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • mummygemma7
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

This is a really interesting thread for me as I am trying to lose around 50lb, but I do a lot of exercise so end up with loads of calories (according to my fitness pal).

I was just about to start my own thread asking if I should eat them all??? Depending on what I doing it says around 1400-2000 calories a day, based on me wanting to shed 2lb a week.

Don't get me wrong I want to eat them, but scared I'll put on. I love food though - pasta, meat, cakes, cheese and peanut butter flavoured things!

I'm 32, 5ft 6 and have 2 kids. I've just starting running, but got runners knee so I'm swimming instead (thats ace for extra calories).

Please feel free to add me :)
  • ashleypg
    Options
    I am 29 years old and and 5'6. I am trying to lose 50 lbs by my 30th birthday in September. I eat anywhere from 1500-2000 calories a day. I try to burn down to what I am supposed to intake through exercise. I have lost 7 lbs in 4 weeks which is a little less than my goal but I will take it.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    In because OP has common sense!

:drinker:
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Heck yes! I just started tracking and set my daily goal to 1800. I will adjust up or down if/when needed but no extreme calorie cuts for me. I'm cranky when I'm hungry!
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Its so refreshing to read this!! Thanks for all the replies....yay for eating!!!
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I eat somewhere between 1600-2200 calories per day, depending on my exercise schedule and my cravings at any given time. I'm 40, 5'4", and exercise 4-6 times per week. I've managed to lose almost 30 pounds, so guess it's working out ok. I eat candy or ice cream every day, have pizza or Chinese when I feel like it, and the only thing I refuse to eat is olives (because I think they're gross).
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

This is a really interesting thread for me as I am trying to lose around 50lb, but I do a lot of exercise so end up with loads of calories (according to my fitness pal).

I was just about to start my own thread asking if I should eat them all??? Depending on what I doing it says around 1400-2000 calories a day, based on me wanting to shed 2lb a week.

Don't get me wrong I want to eat them, but scared I'll put on. I love food though - pasta, meat, cakes, cheese and peanut butter flavoured things!

I'm 32, 5ft 6 and have 2 kids. I've just starting running, but got runners knee so I'm swimming instead (thats ace for extra calories).

Please feel free to add me :)

MFP's calorie burns for exercise are often quite high. If you eat back all the calories, you may gain weight (or slow your weight loss progress). When I was losing, I ate back about half the calories I burned with exercise (if using MFP's database) but, if I had one of those really hungry days, I'd "allow" myself to eat them all back for one day.
  • dtmtti6
    dtmtti6 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was at a stand still eating 1500 a day then I did something crazy and upped my calories! Now its 1800 at least for me and I have started losing again. :) I'm 37 with 30 lbs yet to go. I recently hurt my shoulder so I am having trouble in the exercise dpt but I will get there.
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1800 daily, more if I swim. It's been working so far...losing slow but still losing.

I love to eat. And I eat real food and "junk food."

Would love some more friends.
  • rubybaby8188
    Options
    My BMR is 1400 and I exercise 5-6 days a week for an hour of cardio or weight. I've always eaten 1400-1600 but feel like I should be seeing more results so I'm bumping it up to 1750 and see how that goes. I'm 20 years old, 5'2", and 128 pounds. Let me know if this is too many calories or what you think!! I love food :D
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I was at 1800 but MFP put me down to 1750 as I've out a decent amount of weight, but I definitely eat that much practically every day, and generally eat back half my workout calories, more if I'm still hungry haha.
  • MrBryGuy
    MrBryGuy Posts: 115
    Options
    I'm about in the same boat. I'm 30, 5'8, 180- lbs and currently eating 1700-1800 calories a day to lose weight. I am looking to lose 30 lbs.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I stand in at a whopping 5'0", and am eating 1800/day. Still losing. I'll be your friend.