How to be polite?

Options

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Being a former Army Combat Medic, I have spent a lot of time around men, in and out of the gym. I assure you I can tell the difference. Thanks anyway for your "friendly" advice.

army combat medics listen to a lot of men having sex? seems weird
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Join Planet Fitness?

I think they have the lunk alarm for that.
  • BostonStrong617
    Options
    Talk to the girl he's banging?
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Channel your animal instincts and out-grunt him

...but this could be perceived as a mating call *rubs chin thoughtfully* though I suppose not everyone would see that as a bad way to settle things...

Whatever floats your boat OP, I'm not one to judge :flowerforyou:
  • TallDave4296
    Options
    Nope, they sounded sexual and not like typical lifting noises!!!
  • LadyGodaimee
    Options
    I joined an all women's gym...that way its more comfortable.

you prefer to listen to the sex noises of females instead of from males? me too! *high fives*

LOL NO! It's just more comfortable and cleaner. Plus none of us don't really make any form of noise lol.
    Totally unclassy! ha
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i got nothing. i've been around a few people that regularly make loud, disturbing noises while lifting. i just ignore them. it's a big gym, and i'm rarely in the same area with them for longer than 5 minutes. 20 years in gyms and i've never figured out a way to tell a guy that he sounds like an *kitten* without opening the door for a fight

pretty much this …

just turn the music up in your headphones..

there are a few guys at my gym like that …I just mentally laugh and ignore them.
  • DavPul
    Options
    Maybe try a Planet Fitness. They don't allow lifting weights there.

FIFY
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    The way I see it you can politely say, "Ahem...could you please stop making your sex grunting noises when you lift. Thank you." To which he (if he is young and arrogant) will probably reply with louder, more obnoxious grunting.

Really...don't bring it up to him. Speak to management.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I workout at home. I'm sure people think the pained grunting and moaning is something else! It's great.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Being a former Army Combat Medic, I have spent a lot of time around men, in and out of the gym. I assure you I can tell the difference. Thanks anyway for your "friendly" advice.

must be some new government study...
  • Thimbelinda
    Thimbelinda Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Sounds like something the government would want to spend money on.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

you prefer to listen to the sex noises of females instead of from males? me too! *high fives*

LOL NO! It's just more comfortable and cleaner. Plus none of us don't really make any form of noise lol.
    Totally unclassy! ha

I grunt at the gym on my heaviest lifts and i'm one of the classiest b%tches i know, if i do say so myself.
  • DavPul
    Options

well, it sounds a damn site better than being apart of the Tuskeegee Study. someone let me know if they need any volunteers
  • ndj1979
    Options

Totally unclassy! ha

I grunt at the gym on my heaviest lifts and i'm one of the classiest b%tches i know, if i do say so myself.

I will second that...
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Maybe try a Planet Fitness. They don't allow lifting weights there.

FIFY
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:angry:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

well, it sounds a damn site better than being apart of the Tuskeegee Study. someone let me know if they need any volunteers

Getting in line behind Dave. For country and whatnot
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't understand why it bothers you to the point where you would leave the gym because of it.

+
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't understand why it bothers you to the point where you would leave the gym because of it.

We all have different tolerances. My limit, apparently, is hearing "sex" noises from a young man about the same age as my son. I am sure other women would love hearing those noises.

Can't you just tell yourself that those are work out noises, unless they are sex noises, because the guy is having sex in the gym.
    I am a woman and don't quite understand why your interpretation of his noises are his responsibility .
    And to be honest; with my 66 years I have had sex a few times and I would say that sex noises are nothing like gym noises.....unless of course I did not do it right.