green tea

Options
Hey everyone, I'm just curious to know if anyone drinks this. What effects does it give you?

Ill be returning to work in 2 weeks after having a year off for mat leave. So with all that in mind and how busy ill be it's like a work out. plus there is loads of stairs to climb up and down.

Im lacking in excerise just now due to very busy baby. So im kept on my toes.

Thank in advance to comments xxx

Replies

• 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I drink it, Twinnings green tea with lemon... I think its supposed to speed up your metabolism and be really good for you!!!

I drink at least 2 cups a day, sometimes 3!!

Cant say I love it though - Prefer a chai latte instead : )
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    It upset my stomach when I drank it.
  • EscamillaMom
    EscamillaMom Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking it for about a week now 2x day. I started because its suppose to jump start your metabolism and give you more energy. I find that after I drink it I get cotton mouth really bad even though I drink 120oz or more of water each day and I'm not getting any more energy than I'd usually have. I promised myself to give it a week and I have... no more Green Tea for me!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I drink it, Twinnings green tea with lemon... I think its supposed to speed up your metabolism and be really good for you!!!

I drink at least 2 cups a day, sometimes 3!!

Cant say I love it though - Prefer a chai latte instead : )

Have you tried Tazo chai tea bags? The decaf is even good. Mmmm it may not taste as creamy/delicious as a latte but it's darn close ;-)
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    It makes me have to pee, just like any other liquid.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    English Breakfast is so much better.

Unless you are doing a matcha green tea shake.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I love my green tea. I drink it to cut back on the coffee, the weather is so cold I'm drinking 5 or 6 hot drinks a day so green tea fits in well. Perppermint is another favourite of mine, especially after a big meal.
  • eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I drink it every few days and I like it. I'm using it as a help for quitting soda. It helps me with energy and keeps the headaches away. I feel more clear headed when I drink it. I am thinking to start adding lemon to it starting today.
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    The first few days I drank it, I had loads of energy. Now I drink it before two meals a day just to give me that full feeling ahead of time. I had pure honey to mine and it tastes fine. It has a lot of health benefits...some people just can't get over the taste. Metabolism wise im not sure how much its helped me because I have issues with my portions and eating the wrong things. I have the faith knowing that if I really put my head in it that I would lose :smokin: good luck!:drinker:
  • eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking it for about a week now 2x day. I started because its suppose to jump start your metabolism and give you more energy. I find that after I drink it I get cotton mouth really bad even though I drink 120oz or more of water each day and I'm not getting any more energy than I'd usually have. I promised myself to give it a week and I have... no more Green Tea for me!

This happens to me too if I over steep the tea. You should only let the green tea sit in the water for a very short time. The longer it sits, the more bitter it gets.
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I used to drink it and thought it helped my weight loss, once I stopped drinking it I still lost weight but I was eating healthily and exercising when drinking it and not drinking it so its difficult to say whether it actually helped or not. I found it had quite a fishy taste to it, I heard the lemon green tea is ok taste wise. Good luck in ur plight and congrats on the baby!!
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I went through 2 boxes of it last year, 300 bags total. The marvelous effects I noticed: doodly-squat.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I drink it more because I like it. It does not seem to have any effect on my weight loss or energy level.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Yes, green tea is suppose to help increase metabolism and is full of antioxidants. Lipton makes a nice green tea with lemon and ginseng it tastes good. If you don't care for the taste of green tea, pure white tea is very mild and is suppose to help with fat loss. My all time favorite is chai tea, nice spice about it, or celestial make a very soothing honey vanilla chamomile tea.
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    did 7 cups a day whilst using keto diet...

It doesn't stain your teeth like normal tea and as I hate uk black coffee I had to find a hot drink without milk .

After a couple of days I grew to like it !
  • lradloff
    lradloff Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love various fruit flavored green tea. Coffee was upsetting my stomach, but I needed the caffeine, so I use this instead. I love it!
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I drink it pure (nasty) and rooibos because its superhealthy and has loads of antioxidants in it but at night im drinkink more rooibos which has more antioxidants but has no cafine in it
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I went through 2 boxes of it last year, 300 bags total. The marvelous effects I noticed: doodly-squat.

lol nice. I'm not much for green tea but love other types (jasmine, orange spice, Earl Grey, etc)
  • rdpapag
    Options
    My place is always stocked with various Tazo teas.

I usually have green and something else. RIght now I have some cinnamon flavor that's pretty awesome.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I drink any and every green tea I can get my hands on, as well as other teas (pomegranate is one of my favourites!) and I find it's so much better than soda or other crap I used to drink plus it's healthy, usually! (I don't add things like sugar or milk!)