8 Month Progress, did I really make it this far?

Options
I post every month to keep accountability for myself. MFP forums and the calorie counting has helped me 100%. I couldnt have done it without every kind word, every picture ive seen, every thing ive read. Thank you!!!

I am down 46 lbs in 8 months, slowly but surely. Due to the immense list of health issues I had when starting , I knew my progress would be slow. I still battle with some health concerns, however, my progress has been a life changing event. I now do not battle with depression, anemia, or lack of motivation. I feel like a different person, and for the first time in many years, Im striving to get ahead, which at one point I could care less about anything. This to me is more important than physical attributes any day.

I can outrun, out exercise, out walk, out live all of my friends and they are 80-100 lbs less than I. What else do I need? hehe.

I-AM-A-BADASS. I have come so far. Day 1 I did the stairs at the gym. With a swollen painful ankle( mislocated 80% of bones in foot, had to get popped back in and never healed right), recently had a tumor removed in my left hand (could not hold on to, grab on to any machine with this hand), no balance, couldnt breathe and very low self-esteem, I did 15 minutes on the machine and wanted to pass out. Move to treadmill and walked at 1.0 incline 2.0 speed for 5 min....and went home.I could not move the next day..I was so sore. Fast forward to TODAY, I can do 45-60 min of the stairs at intense levels, then move over to treadmill and jog/walk at 2.0 inlcine 6.0 speed and walk at 10.0 incline 4.0 speed. and still go home and run errands, clean the house or walk my dogs.

God has blessed me with the courage and motivation to keep doing what I can everyday. To know that my body is stronger then what I had given it credit for.

Picture time!!! lol

102jqsm.jpg

Replies

• loosinit42806
    loosinit42806 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! KEEP it up Girl! you look great!
  • bittyers
    bittyers Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You ARE a badass! You deserve every positive thing that comes out of your motivation. Keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! KEEP it up Girl! you look great!
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    You ARE a badass! You deserve every positive thing that comes out of your motivation. Keep it up! :flowerforyou:
    You as well. We have to win this battle, one day at a time.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    AWESOME !!!! You look GR8 !!!!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • MiKiTzLi
    MiKiTzLi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You are a true inspiration! Thanks for posting, I needed to see this today. Congrats on all of the accomplishments so far. Keep going forward and don't look back! :D
  • nielsonfam
    nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love your story!! So inspirational!!
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    You are a true inspiration! Thanks for posting, I needed to see this today. Congrats on all of the accomplishments so far. Keep going forward and don't look back! :D

Thanks friend. I hope one day I can help someone as many of you helped me. One day at a time. We got this!
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    I love, love, love your story!! So inspirational!!
    Your amazing! :) Thanks for the kind words.
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    Congrats!

Thank you. Congrats to you! 115 lbs! AMZING!!
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    Great job!!
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • tammyjane42
    Options
    You should be very proud, you have done an amazing job and you look beautiful!
  • CulturedCowgurl
    CulturedCowgurl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    YES U R A BADA$$...Great progress and keep up thee amaaazing work!!
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    wow good job girl! great loss.
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Awsome! What kept you motivated?
  • NewCyn
    NewCyn Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL PROGRESS! You are just the inspiration that I needed today! Thank you!
  • Lilyin562
    Options
    You are a BAD-*kitten*! COngrats and looking forward to watching your continued progress! =)
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    Awsome! What kept you motivated?
    I am so blessed to have a wonderful supportive family. Even when I lost only 5lbs, they would compliment me and motivate me to the heavens..so that is all I needed. MFP was a huge part as well.

Little by little, I learned that I was capable of more then I thought...and here I am now :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!