Still so freakin' confused.

Options
2»

Replies

• Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I want to gain muscle, but I have no idea how to gain muscle and not fat.
    ( Well, I know Ill gain fat -- but I mean fat to muscle ratio )
    I also don't know what weight training stuff to do that I can do for free at home.
    ( I only have 15LB dumbbells. I do squats and lunges, as well as pushups, thats really it... )

On top of it I only do strength training 30 - 60 minutes a week because I haaaaate it.
    I'm also clueless about protein. We're on a tight budget. I manage to nail protein macros on days I don't do cardio and just do strength, but the rest of the week .. carb-city because Im out of protein sources from my exercise days.
    ( For example, see what I have logged for my strength day in my diary tomorrow. )
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    The MFP activity setting can be off. I work in an office sitting all day, workout 5 days a week (total of 6 hour a week) doing weight lifting and running and other cardio, and my activity settings are set to active. Sedentary and lightly active were not enough for me because I was losing weight faster than I'd set my goals to lose.
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Weird because my MFP actually recently raised my calorie goal out of the blue one day.
    It had me at 1443 for sedentary maintenance now it gives me 1500.
    Maybe they fixed it?