Bad! Bad MFP user!

Options
So I've been doing really well getting enough exercise and staying within my calorie range and then.... Yesterday happened. It's like I cracked - I ordered a small pizza with pepperoni and sausage - you know the kind. Drippy... chewy... shiny?

Anyway - I ate it like it was my job. Today I'm feeling what you can probably imagine. Hungrier for snacky stuff, sluggish and overall like I ate a ton of pizza yesterday.

I wanted to share because it's funny... even though I 'broke down' and ate like a pig, it's not going to stop me from getting back in the gym, eating healthy today and continuing forward. I feel like this would have set me back and I would have beat myself up for slipping but I don't feel that way this time! It was a day where I didn't do what I was supposed to, but it's not going to send me into a week long crap-food fest.

Has any one had similar a similar experience? Would you qualify this as a set back?
Thanks for your thoughts!

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I don't see the part where you did something bad.
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Nah, you're fine. You won't undo your progress with one small pizza. You're going to get back into your routine so log it and get on with things. A setback would be giving up your newly formed habits and go back to the old ways.

Also, a small pizza isn't a ton of pizza. A large, stuffed crust, supreme pizza is closer to a ton. You're good.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

+1
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options

+1

1 + 1 = 2.

No harm, no foul. You're good.
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Everyone has those days. Everyone. And maybe you needed to splurge so that you can say you've had something yummy and are back on your meal plan with a vengeance. I know it seems like the successful weight loss stories always seem like those people all did it all so stringently, but we are human, and we all slip up, especially if it took us years to get bad habits - guess what, it's going to take awhile to get into some of the good habits that we feel like should happen NOW. If I had the willpower to say no to pizza all the time, do you think I would be in the boat I'm in with my weight struggle? :smile:
    You're doing great. Never tell yourself you've done a bad thing when you slip up, it makes it seem like a crime.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

I second this.
  • george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi I had a bad day today at work, had to get rid of it not proud but only being honest (don't recommend) but did exercise hard and careful for rest of week.
    You are not on your own.
  • MelisaBegins
    MelisaBegins Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I don't think you were bad at all! I allow myself one "free" meal per week because I want to enjoy life and not feel like everything has to be so rigid. I have lost 8 pounds in about a month using this method (I only started logging on MFP after I'd lost 6 pounds already, in case you're wondering about my 'creative math'. Ha!) Anyway, I'm the first person to beat myself up about 'slipping' but I don't think this was a slip or mistake at all. Just charge ahead and keep doing what you're doing!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

I second this.

Fifth, sixth or something like that
  • ImpishVanity
    ImpishVanity Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole medium pizza yesterday and didn't work out XD It happens. I weighed myself this morning and the weight didn't really change. Got myself into the gym and did Spin this morning. Life moves on. Sometimes we need to eat our pizza. And log it. And move on :)
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    The only BAD thing you did was not invite all of us :wink:
  • MomOfRose
    MomOfRose Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Not a setback if you make up for it in the next few days and stick to your normal routine. I had a bad exercise day yesterday and folowed it up with 20 McNuggets, plus a WHOLE medium fry. But I stayed beneath my calorie goal, and I'm back to "normal" today.

I chalk it up to my monthly flux. I'm pretending it didn't happen and drinking WAY more water than normal.

It's all good!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I think that was called . . . last Friday.

Great recovery. Life goes on. Hope you enjoyed the pizza. And my biggest lesson from doing that is . . . Some is good. More is not necessarily better.
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I don't know this could be the beginning of a downward spiral into back alley pizza deals and the like. You know where this is going. Hi my name is Jim and I am addicted to Pizza... LOL Only kidding, you got to enjoy it every now and again, but you have to avoid the trap of doing it all the time. There is some crack pot out there who actually claims that the genetically altered wheat plants grown now a days; has a chemical which acts like Herroin and trickers addictive receptor cells within the brain. But then again why would an industry try to addict people to their products for profit. That hardly ever happens. Anyone have a spare smoke?
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options

:laugh:

And then none of us would have eaten too much, either!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

:laugh:

And then none of us would have eaten too much, either!

Yeah. A small pizza would have been a very sad party if she had invited us all.

OP, not even a slight setback. I do this from time to time, and I don't think twice about it. What matters is the overall progress. Obviously doing this every day would be a setback, but this is just one meal.
  • mslaurza
    mslaurza Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Lol not a downward spiral - the Bad! chastising was only a joke - I just had to laugh at myself for going a little pizza nuts and slamming one.

I'm not worried about falling off the wagon by any means but mostly that this was just kind of a silly 'crack' in my consistency and it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Mostly something to chuckle about!
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    A small pizza? :noway:
  • mshippiequeen
    mshippiequeen Posts: 46 Member
    Options

you people on here are awesome.

also i totally farted when i read "Drippy... chewy... shiny?"