Bad! Bad MFP user!

Options
2»

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Lol not a downward spiral - the Bad! chastising was only a joke - I just had to laugh at myself for going a little pizza nuts and slamming one.

I'm not worried about falling off the wagon by any means but mostly that this was just kind of a silly 'crack' in my consistency and it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Mostly something to chuckle about!
    Having cracks in your consistency and being able to take them in your stride is much, much more important than not having any cracks. You're fine. :smile:
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    So what? You ate too much and that doesn't mean that you are bad. Personally I don't use the words "good" or "bad" related to food or my eating. Some food I eat is healthier than others (most of the time) and sometimes I choose things that aren't so healthy. usually I don't overeat, but sometimes I do.

Sounds like you ate something you wanted and at the next meal, get back to a healthier style of eating. It is true for me too that overeating something fatty leaves me feeling sluggish.
  • HopeDotson
    Options
    Maybe it was your job yesterday, but you fired yourself and now you can start over. Good luck!
  • lucylorelei
    lucylorelei Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Truer words, ImpishVanity. Smart.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    A small pizza is that it??!

I ate around 5400 calories this weekend and I'm not bad : )
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I don't see the part where you did something bad.

I agree. Eating a small pizza isn't a big problem. Just stay within your calorie goals and you'll be fine.

However, I think the thing that made the OP feel like it was bad is this bit:
    Today I'm feeling what you can probably imagine. Hungrier for snacky stuff, sluggish and overall like I ate a ton of pizza yesterday.

Yeah. As long as you can power through that (sounds like you are) you have no problem. You gotta eat stuff you like sometimes. If you told me I could never have another slice of gooey pizza in my life, I'd say "forget this, then". When you're trying to lose weight, some foods can derail you. I could eat that pizza, fit it in my calorie goal and have no problem the next day. It's too much sugar that gets me. Just got to know yourself and make it all work. If you enjoyed the pizza and can stick to your goals today, you don't have a problem. If dealing with the huger issue today wasn't worth it, might make the pizza a rare treat.
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options

^ yep
  • sesquive
    sesquive Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You're good! Just head to the gym and get re-energized. I know how you feel, the husband and I hit a Chinese Food buffett, definitely went over my calories. But, now, it's in the past; I'm heading for a run after work and focus on my day.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    First of all I got a laugh out of the title of your topic, made me think of when I have scolded my dog.

I don't think what you did would be considered a set back.
  • TeriaShae
    TeriaShae Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I have probably done this more times than I can count.
    However, make sure that you're getting all of your recommended calories in though so it doesn't turn into a "binge" of under-eating. :)
  • dwood1231
    dwood1231 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I was way below my calorie number last night so after I got off the treadmill I had 800 calories worth of pizza, every once and a while you need to treat yourself...
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    The reality is that unless you intend to never again in your life eat anything that is considered bad - this can vary because every month the list changes, ____ is bad, next month ____ not so bad, it can actually be good for you, etc...

Think about real life, there is pizza in it and ice cream and chocolate and the occasional glass of wine. We have to remind ourselves that people can maintain a healthy weight with the occasional splurge on these food items. I know it may have been scary because you managed to reach your goal without eating pizza or whatever is your bad food of choice and then to give into it you may have felt some a loss of control. Trust me it's okay and I know how you feel, after eating it you just crave more and more and at the same time you sort of don't feel well! Out mind says one thing while our body is telling us another!

The most important thing is that you did not cave, you stuck to your plan and those cravings will pass - for that you deserve a cheer!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • forevermaryb
    forevermaryb Posts: 108 Member
    Options

I agree. Eating a small pizza isn't a big problem. Just stay within your calorie goals and you'll be fine.

However, I think the thing that made the OP feel like it was bad is this bit:
    Today I'm feeling what you can probably imagine. Hungrier for snacky stuff, sluggish and overall like I ate a ton of pizza yesterday.

Yeah. As long as you can power through that (sounds like you are) you have no problem. You gotta eat stuff you like sometimes. If you told me I could never have another slice of gooey pizza in my life, I'd say "forget this, then". When you're trying to lose weight, some foods can derail you. I could eat that pizza, fit it in my calorie goal and have no problem the next day. It's too much sugar that gets me. Just got to know yourself and make it all work. If you enjoyed the pizza and can stick to your goals today, you don't have a problem. If dealing with the huger issue today wasn't worth it, might make the pizza a rare treat.

Exactly! There should be no "forbidden food" or else it would derail us all! Everything in moderation, but if you have more than what fits into your calories/macros, tomorrow is a new day. I think that was the point from the OP. So she "slipped". Her point was that one slip wasn't going to put her back into the old habits that got her into the position of where she needed to lose. That's where I fell down a few years ago. I had a set back (health issues) that ended up with me gaining 20 pounds after losing 55. I then gave up altogether and regained all my lost weight plus 10 for good measure. The lesson I learned (I hope) is that a small (or even a big) slip up isn't the end for me. Just get back on track!