30 Day Shred!

Options
12346»

Replies

• dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 25.

I started as very much a beginner. I've done all levels on beginner mode for the most part. I moved from Level 2 to Level 3 because my knee hurt so much and while my knee feels better - I can't quite get through Level 3 without some modifications and small rests. I do it 6 days a week.

I have lost weight (also reducing calories) but not a single inch off my waist - which is a bummer. Any suggestions for that?

Any suggestions for other 30 minute DVD's or videos just to change things up a bit? Nothing more advanced, not yet. Goodness I'm out of shape. I can always just do this one again. Anything to get me moving around because apparently I'm in more desperate need than I thought, lol.

You may want to try Ripped in 30 because she does change things up more often than 30DS. However I really think you will like Body Revolution. It is a 12 week program but at least you don't have to think out what you're going to do next for the next 3 months, right? I just started week 5 today. I started this after finisihing a few rounds of ripped in 30 and felt that the first week was very doable and it gave you time to really work on form. It does get progressively harder, but each session builds on the previous one. What I really like about this program is that you don't do the same 30 routine for days on end. You actually never do any of the 30 minutes strength DVD'S more than 4 times each before moving on to another series of exercises. You'll do the cardio videos 8x within a 30 day phase, but that's only twice a week. Also she has 4 sets in 30 minutes vs. 3 so she changes things up quickly so the 30 minutes fly by. As I said I just finished up my first month and my old yoga pants are falling off of me now and I'm so much stronger.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 30DS for 9 days now. I'm already on level 2 for the last two days. I thought level 1 was getting easier so I thought I'd start level 2 earlier. It is hard! But I feel so much better after it, like it's easier to breathe. After that I go on the treadmill for 20 mins. I did notice that my left knee huts a bit during some of the exercises but nothing I can't handle. I'm so excited to start her other videos after this one and I'm looking forward to see the results at the end. :glasses:
  • CheerfulMom4
    CheerfulMom4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Love 30DS!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 was so easy after doing 30DS.. if you are looking for something to do after 30DS and have slightly more time to dedicate, look into a weight lifting program such as NROLFW. I think that's the right acronym (New Rules of Lifting For Women)
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I will definitely check out the Body Revolution. It looks promising.

I really wish I had a gym option. I might be more motivated to get up earlier to do the longer workouts if I did. I don't know - maybe not. My alarm goes off at 5:30am now. I am not a morning person. At all, lol.
  • Jossies01
    Jossies01 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My knees get really sore too! I just push past the pain and just try not to over stress them. I'm not sure how to stop the pain but I think it may just go away on it's own eventually. When I first moved into our two story house I noticed that climbing the stairs everyday killed my knees and eventually the pain went away once I got used to them. I'm hoping the same thing will happen with the shred. Just stick with it and don't give up!
  • Jossies01
    Jossies01 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've lost 2.5kg all up so far. I just did day 1 level 2 and it was soooo hard!!!

I did a day 1 and day 11 photo comparison photo but don't know how to post it on here. Can anyone help?
  • seabooger
    Options
    I just finished day 6 of the shred. I've lost one inch on my waist already, and I'm so happy with that. (started 26.5, now 25.5) I'm doing it with my roommate and I'm eating mostly clean so we'll see how everything turns out~!! <33
  • tamalyn2000
    tamalyn2000 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i am on day 2 of level 2 and havent lost any weight but feel alot fitter, will get my measurements taken at the end of day 30 to see if i have lost any inchs
    please feel free to add me, i am doing the 5.2 diet too and i have a fitbit flex that i am currently loving although no friends added yet lol
  • staskivigedl
    Options
    I started thr 30 day shred again today. I had
    great success the last time I did this. I had built up to level 3.
    Now I am starting on level 1 again and it is hard. I want to clock this
    exercise on my fitness pal app. Does anyone know how to figure level 1
    Into the app?
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I log it as 20 minutes of circuit training.