I'm here....again...for the third time

Options
2»

Replies

• Glakhmed
    Glakhmed Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Gotta find what motivates you and use it. Start small, something you think you can realistically maintain. Slow progress is usually best when it comes to weight loss.

Best wishes to you!
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I think this is my third "big" time around too! :) I figure this, like smoking, if I keep praticing on someday I'll get it right. :D
  • slatone
    slatone Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm back too, don't worry! Each day is a new beginning. Each day is a chance to make better choices. At least we're trying. At least we're here again and we haven't given up. This is a life change, not an overnight change. We can do it together!!:smile:
  • ezloshead
    ezloshead Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Try not to think about the weight or the numbers. Try to do this out of love for your body. It does everything it can to keep you alive for yourself and your family so you need to treat it like a Temple to show your thanks for it and give it what it needs to be healthy so it can do more for you. Take pride in your body, not so much in its looks (though believing you're a beautiful woman is also a must) but for the fact that it's carried you through your life for so many years. Respect it and feed it only the best of things.

Put food in your diary before you begin to cook/order it and look at how many cals, fat, carbs, etc. you have left for the day and ask if it's really worth it. Spend money on good food. For me the more money I spend on something the more I have to use it. Because really, we pay for goods with hours of our life at work.

Don't think about your failures, think about how you were strong enough to get back up. And please don't worry about the number on the inside of your jeans. No one else can see it and if you focus on loving yourself everything else will begin to fall into place. You are a strong woman and you got this.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back!!!!!

I think everyone here has fought negativity at times and everyone wants it Now without the work, but that is not what life is all about.

Each day is a new day. If a goal means enough then keep striving for it. Its not a diet, its not a quick fix, its a Lifestyle.

We're here to help, but you also have to Want it and do the work. We're happy to encourage and keep it going.

:)
  • SavingFaith65
    SavingFaith65 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Try not to think about the weight or the numbers. Try to do this out of love for your body. It does everything it can to keep you alive for yourself and your family so you need to treat it like a Temple to show your thanks for it and give it what it needs to be healthy so it can do more for you. Take pride in your body, not so much in its looks (though believing you're a beautiful woman is also a must) but for the fact that it's carried you through your life for so many years. Respect it and feed it only the best of things.

Put food in your diary before you begin to cook/order it and look at how many cals, fat, carbs, etc. you have left for the day and ask if it's really worth it. Spend money on good food. For me the more money I spend on something the more I have to use it. Because really, we pay for goods with hours of our life at work.

Don't think about your failures, think about how you were strong enough to get back up. And please don't worry about the number on the inside of your jeans. No one else can see it and if you focus on loving yourself everything else will begin to fall into place. You are a strong woman and you got this.

You are too kind! Thank you!
  • cyndybe
    Options
    This is my second time. Best thing I've tried to do is write everything down I've put into my body. It's an eye opener for sure. The other thing I found out is that on my busy days I don't eat as much as I do when I flounder with how to spend my day now that I am retired. So plan your day, record your food, and good luck to you.
  • qstneverything
    qstneverything Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, I feel in a similar situation so I'm going to add you, hope that's okay...