• _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    meth

not srs. coffee, food, and water is all you need. srs
  • sazzyanne14
    sazzyanne14 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    A nice strong cup of coffee if you're feeling sleepy. I work out early so mostly need the hot drink so i can get out of bed into the cold
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    :indifferent: Sweet post, brah. She didn't ask if you needed outside help or IF she should take. She asked for good recommendations on pre-workouts.

We are not worthy of your au naturale awesomeness.

Broscience. :grumble:

broscience is "needing" a pre-workout when most people don't need anything and if that a cup of coffee will do the trick just fine- or you know- good old fashioned hard work.

Everyone wants to take something to make them better. How about just being better instead of taking stuff?

There is no "best pre-workout" it's a waste of money. Grumble all you want- but just going in and lifting the old fashioned way is not broscience- DYELB?
  • Cellucor C4

This!
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    :indifferent: Sweet post, brah. She didn't ask if you needed outside help or IF she should take. She asked for good recommendations on pre-workouts.

broscience is "needing" a pre-workout when most people don't need anything and if that a cup of coffee will do the trick just fine- or you know- good old fashioned hard work.

Everyone wants to take something to make them better. How about just being better instead of taking stuff?

There is no "best pre-workout" it's a waste of money. Grumble all you want- but just going in and lifting the old fashioned way is not broscience- DYELB?

Lol! Schooled....

But it's true, what happened to people showing up and just getting it done?
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Coffee or caffeine pills are the cheapest. Add 2-5 milligrams of Yohimbine and you'll really feel jacked up. lol

Best one I tried thus far besides the now defunct Jacked 3D is C4, even though the beta alanine in C4 may make you feel like you rolled around in Pink Panther insulation. Tried Assault, Craze, N.O. Xplode as well.

Great description of the tingles, so true. While I don't use one frequently, like others I do like C4 on days when I just need an extra kick in the *kitten* to get off the couch. But yes, the Pink Panther insulation sensation is very pronounced.
  • suejo34
    suejo34 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well...I do not like the feeling of starvation after a work out. I am pre -diabetic and my sugar will drop hard. I do good with drinking a protein shake hour before a work out.
  • mordant57
    mordant57 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like Optimum Amino Energy. I workout at 430 am and seriously can't drag myself out of bed more than 10 minutes before I have to leave my house. I work until 1030 pm so I'm just TIRED. It does the trick.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    One cup of black coffee.

TBH, taking in a substantial amount of carbs right before you work out is rather silly. The insulin spike is a performance inhibitor. Better to wait until you're already into your workout and glycogen is being tapped and then ingest carbs to maintain/replenish.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    the beta alanine in C4 may make you feel like you rolled around in Pink Panther insulation.

YMMV with Beta Alanine. I have taken it pretty extensively and never felt that tingling that people always talked about.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options

Most people take pre workouts because................well everyone is doing them. No real thought process on why, but because people who look like they are getting results should be emulated even if it is broscience.
    Approach to working out is more about attitude. If one needs a "pick me up", they either are not nutritionally feeding right or they are lacking in the motivation department.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    You don't NEED one. If you want one, I don't see the issue, so long as you're aware that there is no magic powder, pill, or drink that will make you better. Performance improvement comes from practice and effort. The fuel your body needs comes in food form, not in supplements.

I can't give recs, unfortch, because I am a weirdo who DIGS the jitters. BSN hyper fx used to taste great to me, but although I still take it on occasion, it tastes like funky chemical death AND gives epic jitters. In a way I happen to like. So, ymmv on this kind of thing. I think preworkouts come down to subjective preference.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I really use them. But have tried heaps and my fave is prosupps Mr hyde.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Creatine & Beta Alanine.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Lol! Schooled....

But it's true, what happened to people showing up and just getting it done?
    Tru dat. "Back in the day" when I started there was maybe like 5 supplement companies and most of them only dealt in weight gainers and protein powders. We just ****ing lifted. Now there are about 1,000 or more different supplement companies touting pre workout, post workout, in between workout, before you go to sleep supplement, test raising, etc. and with the exception of creatine and protein, most are just smoke and mirrors with a placebo effect.
    None of the supplements matter if your workout ethic sucks. And that has more to do with attitude and approach.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I like Optimum Amino Energy. I workout at 430 am and seriously can't drag myself out of bed more than 10 minutes before I have to leave my house. I work until 1030 pm so I'm just TIRED. It does the trick.
    Hate to tell you that it's your sleep and rest that's the issue. Less than 6 hours of sleep will definitely have an effect on progress.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Creatine & Beta Alanine.
    Which scientifically are both proven to work. Neither IMO are "pre workout" though.

IDEA Fitness member
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    coffee.

This ^^ Black coffee.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Hate to tell you that it's your sleep and rest that's the issue. Less than 6 hours of sleep will definitely have an effect on progress.

IDEA Fitness member
    Unfortunately this is true :( I like to take gh freak when I can afford it