Do you have a FitBit

Options
Good Morning All, :flowerforyou:

Last year Mar/Apr I broke my other stepper and I just needed a clip. Well my insurance wouldn't send me a just a clip I would have had to use up my points I had (Insurance Humana Vitality has a healthy rewards system :happy: ) I don't like wasting my points so I decided to try the fit bit w/sleeper on it.

OH MY GOODNESS!! :love: It was love at first sight. I knew my sleeping patterns were bad BUT I never realized how bad until I started tracking them. Well fast forward 10 mos and all I can say is I'm a WHOLE lot better. :bigsmile:

If you have a fit bit please feel free to add me as a friend. I'm the President of the Happy Club, President of the Fitness Club and the President of the Breaking the Chains Club and I'm on a mission to Make A Difference in 1 person's life one way or another.:laugh:
http://www.fitbit.com/user/25637L

Replies

• Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I have one, and stopped paying any attention to the sleep tracker at all, since it told me I was asleep the whole time unless I actually got out of bed and stood up. Given I'm an insomniac with a tendency to lie in bed clockwatching for several hours I am well aware that what it says is not even slightly accurate. Sleep Cycle on my phone gives much better results, and even that often confuses "lying in bed stationary" with "in a deep sleep".
  • Jovette42
    Jovette42 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I have one, and stopped paying any attention to the sleep tracker at all, since it told me I was asleep the whole time unless I actually got out of bed and stood up. Given I'm an insomniac with a tendency to lie in bed clockwatching for several hours I am well aware that what it says is not even slightly accurate. Sleep Cycle on my phone gives much better results, and even that often confuses "lying in bed stationary" with "in a deep sleep".

Yeah I do notice that too that's why I try to put the round-a-bout time I lay down and get up only. I'm sorry for your insomnia. I can't imagine having problems. My head hits the pillow and BAM! I'm out!! Especially last night (I worked hard on Monday):laugh:
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    i have a fitbit, i love the sleeper... i have it set on sensitive and it says I'm awake A LOT during the night but i guess it says im not sleeping that well when I am just rolling over... it has made me aware of my acitivity and sleep patterns so its not all bad :D
    i use it to clock my deficit and i'm happy to say MFP isn't too far off for me and my activity level
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I love mine, for the sleep tracker and the accountibility factor. The only problem I have with it is it tracks your calories based on BMR, and with a lower BF% I find it underestimates how much I really burn. I've been tracking my weight and calories on a spreadsheet for almost seven months, so I'm certain I have a TDEE of close to 2600, and my Fitbit has never said I've burned more than 2200, and most days it's closer to 2000, so I know it's underestimating that quite a bit. I can only imagine it skews the numbers higher for those with a bigger BF% than the average, which could lead to overeating for some.
  • erinbuberinxo
    Options
    http://www.fitbit.com/user/23S5PT

You can all feel free to add me :)
  • SaiSrini
    SaiSrini Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love mine, for the sleep tracker and the accountibility factor. The only problem I have with it is it tracks your calories based on BMR, and with a lower BF% I find it underestimates how much I really burn. I've been tracking my weight and calories on a spreadsheet for almost seven months, so I'm certain I have a TDEE of close to 2600, and my Fitbit has never said I've burned more than 2200, and most days it's closer to 2000, so I know it's underestimating that quite a bit. I can only imagine it skews the numbers higher for those with a bigger BF% than the average, which could lead to overeating for some.

Underestimating your calorie burn should be good for you, right? If you stick to what Fitbit says you have burnt and sync your calorie intake based off that, you will actually lose more weight. And that's probably the purpose of Fitbit for which most people use
  • L8dyJ
    L8dyJ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have my bestie (my fitbit). With me all the time. Feel free to add me. I love offering support.
  • Jovette42
    Options
    i have a fitbit, i love the sleeper... i have it set on sensitive and it says I'm awake A LOT during the night but i guess it says im not sleeping that well when I am just rolling over... it has made me aware of my acitivity and sleep patterns so its not all bad :D
    i use it to clock my deficit and i'm happy to say MFP isn't too far off for me and my activity level
    The sleeper saved me :happy:
  • Jovette42
    Options

I noticed mine always told me to eat less than 1200 so I wasn't too keen on that at all
  • Jovette42
    Options

Sorry It won't let me, try adding me
  • Jovette42
    Options
    I have my bestie (my fitbit). With me all the time. Feel free to add me. I love offering support.

I sure will but I need your link :wink: or you can go to mine and add me :happy:
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Love my fitbit...or as I like to call it, The Great Motivator :laugh:

Feel free to add me

http://www.fitbit.com/user/28J7QG
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit. It makes me so much more aware of my actual activity level. Feel free to add me too :)http://www.fitbit.com/user/24FBLF
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I just bought one and waiting for it in the mail.
    Hoping ill like it but I'm kind of skeptical because I didn't realize it didn't track cardio which is my main source of exercise till after I bought it.
  • Be_Fit4_Me
    Options
    Just started using mine recently, so far I like it.
    feel free to add me!! :)

//www.fitbit.com/user/2DCVBJ
  • Jovette42
    Options
    Love my fitbit...or as I like to call it, The Great Motivator :laugh:

Feel free to add me

http://www.fitbit.com/user/28J7QG
    [/quote
    Got you John :wink:
  • Jovette42
    Options

Now it worked after I added John :laugh:
  • Jovette42
    Options
    I love my fitbit. It makes me so much more aware of my actual activity level. Feel free to add me too :)http://www.fitbit.com/user/24FBLF
    Got you too
  • Jovette42
    Options
    I just bought one and waiting for it in the mail.
    Hoping ill like it but I'm kind of skeptical because I didn't realize it didn't track cardio which is my main source of exercise till after I bought it.
    What do you mean it doesn't track cardio? :noway:
  • Jovette42
    Options
    Just started using mine recently, so far I like it.
    feel free to add me!! :)

//www.fitbit.com/user/2DCVBJ

Got you too :happy: